Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by godsavetheking » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Well I think Chrissie Wellington is pretty fcuken awesome, but maybe that's just me
Beanpole wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm
Why would I wear a mask?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:51 am

godsavethequeen wrote:Oh I'm sure it's tremendous. It's just that, ya know, the clubbie version is 12 minutes long whereas the proper ironman is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and then a marathon
Yep you're right. Nick's a massive softy
Last edited by jimmy on Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:43 am

Good story Nick but could have used some home reno tips to give it the Realsurf touch.
And a smashed pussy or two wouldn't have gone astray.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:55 am

black duck wrote:
Hatchnam wrote:South coast reef. Two x 3 hr sessions. Morning at head high to head and a half high. And afternoon at head and a half high and bigger as the swell swung more east. Morning the conditions were better. Arvo it was pretty washy (as pictured below). Take offs in the arvo were late and tricky, with sidewash bouncing off the headland point. Not the best conditions overall for the given location but ok all the same with a light crowd. Plenty of opportunity to put the board on rail on the inside bowl. Surfed the 6'10 rounded pin single.

(Don't name the location if u know it)

Those last 2 shots look a lot like this spot but i'd be somewhat surprised if it was
If your spot is south of jervis (I think I know where it is) then no. The spot I surfed can get like that, but it'd take a monster south swell to do it.
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:51 am

godsavethequeen wrote:Oh I'm sure it's tremendous. It's just that, ya know, the clubbie version is 12 minutes long whereas the proper ironman is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and then a marathon
well it's what you do isn't it god save. Some people like running 100m in 10sec, some people like swimming 100m in 50 sec, some people like wandering around on a golf course for five hours. There's no objective judgement of these things, they are all equally farcical yet they are all equally engrossing to the participant.

When was your last ironman triathlon btw?

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:20 am

To be fair, it does sound a bit short.

Well done though Nick, did you get a trophy and if so where will you keep it?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 am

Trophy? this isnt TOTY you know. You get a medal and I have a box for them in the garage. For this years Tard vote I will get all the gold ones and don them and have a photo taken. That alone should get me to the semis

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:41 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
well it's what you do isn't it god save. Some people like running 100m in 10sec, some people like swimming 100m in 50 sec, some people like wandering around on a golf course for five hours. There's no objective judgement of these things, they are all equally farcical yet they are all equally engrossing to the participant.

that was what I had in mind when I asked the question......I have no idea about clubby-dom, it's literally an alien universe and culture to me, despite having existed side by side with it my whole life.
I wondered about the subjective reality of it for someone to whom it gives great meaning.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 am

on the um, forecasting side of things, GFS still not interested in any kind of Black Nor-easter Mk2 set-up.
AccessG/EC has toned it down a little too.

Maybe there is hope.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:52 am

For me Clubbyism is just the perfect example of the australian male. An opportunity for macho homo erotic group behaviour and in place of conversation there are stop watches.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:03 am

Robert Drewe wrote a great short story about it, suggesting pretty much the same.

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 am

Nick Carroll wrote:Trophy? this isnt TOTY you know. You get a medal and I have a box for them in the garage. For this years Tard vote I will get all the gold ones and don them and have a photo taken. That alone should get me to the semis
The clubbie cap will be necessary as well.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:13 am

Nick Carroll wrote:I will get all the gold ones
#humblebrag

Plenty of swell this morning at the cocked hat, but not really hitting the bank properly. Weird sort of sand setup for the current conditions but for normal autumn waves it looks primo.
Paddled for half an hour, copped a couple of bomb sets on the head, snagged a couple of inbetweeners, and came in to wait for high tide.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:18 am

steve shearer wrote:Robert Drewe wrote a great short story about it, suggesting pretty much the same.
I don't neccesarily think its a negative thing - the man who sits around thinking too much can get his mind into all sorts of trouble and how can you be expected to jump over life's hurdles if you are not fit, strong and have extremely taut buttocks.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:27 am

surfing might not be much different.

"boo, it'll be hitting it sweetly here as the tide drops, but expect ruthless saturday crowds.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:37 am

^^vintage loofy.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 am

Nick Carroll wrote:

Chuckle. I am doing a half marathon next weekend though, so maybe I can still make you proud
Beanpole wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm
Why would I wear a mask?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:18 am

channels wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:Trophy? this isnt TOTY you know. You get a medal and I have a box for them in the garage. For this years Tard vote I will get all the gold ones and don them and have a photo taken. That alone should get me to the semis
The clubbie cap will be necessary as well.
And the pink bra. Don't forget the pink bra.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.