Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:38 pm

My goose is cooked today, got whiplash in my neck and I think I've got a perforated ear drum. My head feels wrong.
Goddamn there are some good sand slabs off the Points now. If this next system doesn't wash them away it's going to be a tubular autumn.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Yeah. I got hammered today too.
Buried so deep it went almost black, then literally spat out the top. Then three or four more on the head.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:37 pm

Drailed wrote:Ok lets settle this once and for all, Nick - is there ever any post clubby activity wrestling in the showers?
No. But there is a group of old men who swim every morning. I've rescued at least three of them at different times. They go for a swim, then gather in the showers, strip off, shower and hang around in there together in the steam, like a dozen or more of them, all over 70 and nude. I mean for christs sake. Won't somebody think of the children.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:48 pm

That's what the Bergs used to be like. They had these open air handball courts near the showers and all these leathery old scrotums would just sit around sunning themselves in between swims and handball.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:53 pm

steve shearer wrote:My goose is cooked today, got whiplash in my neck and I think I've got a perforated ear drum. My head feels wrong.
Goddamn there are some good sand slabs off the Points now. If this next system doesn't wash them away it's going to be a tubular autumn.
I on the other hand am slowly paddling my back into some sort of shape.

Surfed 4.5 hours today. Can barely lift my arms to change my shirt.

Even with all the moustachioed motherfcukers catching the waves 50m deep in the whitewater, and the henna'd honeys with hearing difficulties in their left ear, The Pass can still turn on some amazing rides.

There were lines like a Whitely nude on the low, hugging the curves of the bank like a summer dress after a summer shower.

I surfed like the weekend warrior that I aspire to be.
3-knot arms in a 6-knot sweep.
But I got one mid-size one this afternoon, it appeared before me the second I jumped off the bank, and I rode it from the boat ramp to down past Clarke's.

Fcuk. I was just about to give up on surfing. My life would've been so much simpler.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:56 pm

alakaboo wrote: Fcuk. I was just about to give up on surfing. My life would've been so much simpler.

i hear you brother.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:00 pm

i got cut in half by a lip at the lane trying to pull in on my first wave on a single fin since I was a teen novice at caloundra in the late 80's.

the lip pushed me to the bottom and i hit the sand with a thud. afterwards I was winded, thought i might have even done a rib or two, and my balls felt like they were split in half.

ribs still tender, balls are bruised and i gots blood in my semen. we pay some freaking price for all this malarky.
Kunji wrote:

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Nice to see you were still up and motivated for having a wank, Brian.

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:03 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Drailed wrote:Ok lets settle this once and for all, Nick - is there ever any post clubby activity wrestling in the showers?
No. But there is a group of old men who swim every morning. I've rescued at least three of them at different times. They go for a swim, then gather in the showers, strip off, shower and hang around in there together in the steam, like a dozen or more of them, all over 70 and nude. I mean for christs sake. Won't somebody think of the children.
Old sporty blokes are very unshy about being starkers. I theorise that its because they grew up in the days when there was never separate shower stalls in the dressing rooms, just a row of shower heads along a wall. It was either be comfortable naked or give the sport away.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm

buddy wrote:Nice to see you were still up and motivated for having a wank, Brian.

oh no, not at all. I danced with the devil and wore a condom.

i needed about 3 hours of frantic googling before i could ease my mind and sleep last night. haha
Kunji wrote:

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Note to self. No matter how bad I need a piss, avoid the Newport SLSC in the morning.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:24 pm

alakaboo wrote: I surfed like the weekend warrior that I aspire to be.
3-knot arms in a 6-knot sweep.
But I got one mid-size one this afternoon, it appeared before me the second I jumped off the bank, and I rode it from the boat ramp to down past Clarke's.

Fcuk. I was just about to give up on surfing. My life would've been so much simpler.
I think i still am.
Would've been a circus out there today i imagine.

There's a spot down the coast, just out the front that turns on every once in a while. Like a lot of beaches, it usually fairly shit but sometimes it's just easier to go out the front as nowhere else nearby is going to be that much better. Rarely gets crowded due to lack of quality so it suits a few of us just fine. So we're watching it this morning as the tide came up and the morning sickness wore off the swell and we decided to surf. A few rights were holding up and running. Just as we were about to go back up the path to grab boards, 4 guys head out. Ok, not so bad. By the time we got back not 15 mins later there were 25 guys on it. Crowd then went to 30 plus (i stopped counting) and it turned into a fcuking bun fight. They all blew in to surf the island, which had 30 or more on it but was poor quality, so instead they poured out the front and brought all their sydney attitude with them. Managed 4 waves in well over an hour, all shit. Low wave count - bad surfing. My timing was so good, every time i was almost back at the take off spot a bomb set would land on my head.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Brian Brainwave wrote:
buddy wrote:Nice to see you were still up and motivated for having a wank, Brian.

oh no, not at all. I danced with the devil and wore a condom.

i needed about 3 hours of frantic googling before i could ease my mind and sleep last night. haha
At least the usual post ejaculatory awkwardness was replaced with something to captivate your attention.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:35 pm

foamy wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:
Drailed wrote: I theorise that its because they grew up in the days when there was never separate shower stalls in the dressing rooms, just a row of shower heads along a wall. It was either be comfortable naked or give the sport away.
Like this?
Alcatraz.
Note the rail to hang onto while you're getting it served up to you.

Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:41 pm

steve shearer wrote:Is it one of those tough mudder things God Save?

Nick there was no baiting intended. Robert Drewe wrote a great short story about the homo erotic tension amongst members of a surf club, that's all. As I said surfing is probably no different. Right, Loof?
Perhaps it's time for a bit of gonzo journalism steve. Grease up your Balzac, strap on your yarmulke and get down and dirty with the clubbies

(PS Christ no, it's not a tough mudder)
Beanpole wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm
Why would I wear a mask?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:53 pm

alakaboo wrote: There were lines like a Whitely nude on the low, hugging the curves of the bank like a summer dress after a summer shower.
That bank is pretty special eh.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Insane.

Sooo much sand in the bay.

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 pm

^^^ Trev
They were the worst. I got the tail end of the stall-less showers.
Shower heads against the wall, you could keep your eyes forward and get the illusion of privacy.
When you encountered the unadorned central shower facility, there would be an audible groan. All facing each other and too much information.