Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Where did you surf today ?

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 pm

I know threads like these have been done before but just keen to hear where you guys surfed today ? and what the waves were like, size, conditions etc... and what board did you ride and how was it in those waves ??? 8)

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Kunji » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Today was the first time I took a board out this year. I have been bodysurfing everyday due to the flat spell.

I went out Curly. It was 1.5 feet maybe 2. Weak, gutless trash.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm

not saying because I will be heading there again in the morning ... it was small , 2' on the freak sets ... fairly weak and tough going to make something of it ... I hope all the hard work trying to make something of dribble over the past weeks is gonna pay off somehow ... everyday I think how easy it would have been to just sleep in ... :|

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:47 pm

sounds like hatch is coming up at a good time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today AM sunny coast

Butts

Post by Butts » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:01 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:not saying because I will be heading there again in the morning ... it was small , 2' on the freak sets ... fairly weak and tough going to make something of it ... I hope all the hard work trying to make something of dribble over the past weeks is gonna pay off somehow ... everyday I think how easy it would have been to just sleep in ... :|
Well, well, well :lol: :lol: :lol:
ST, your other spot was shite this am, surprising difference to mine :?

I was at mine this morning, nice 2ft with the occasional 3ft :shock:
Very inconsistent.

Got a couple on the red bastard, and ensured I did my usual on at least a couple, trying to turn a nice left into an unmakeable right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunshine Coast for me the next couple of days, Fong, Tiger and TrevG are already telling me WHERE I will be surfing :wink: 8)
All these drawings about dinosaurs… Why can’t we have photos?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Had head high take-offs this morning which quickly degenerated to about 2 ft after the drop. Side shore wind as usual lately, however its been better for the last month than at any time in the previous five.
My usual "Wave Signature" mal.

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Went the late at the bra. It was a full 2 foot with the occasional 2 1/2 footer and was fairly underwhelming. I rode my standard shortie a 6'2" X 19" X 2 5/16" Bourton Pseudo Fish. To be honest I can't wait until the autumnal weather patterns kick in as I am soooo farking over this abysmal sydney summer of desperation.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:49 pm

Didn't today. Heading out late this Fri pm after AcOH wears off see what am has to offer :D

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Iggy wrote:
exactly why i swerved it t
oday...
that joint does my head it's full, fat, and crowded
I hear what you are saying - but the bra is the only eastside beach that has seemed to have a semi rideable wave in these limpid NE windswells lately.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 pm

granite (2 ft...no banks :cry: as if i'd say anything else :wink:

on my little yellow most loved fish :wink:

would been better off on a longboard

but it's too long walk carry it all the way out there
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:49 pm

Just down the local bluff. Went for an arvo session on the mal, took out the more quaddy yesterday but was a bit too fat so stuck with the 9'6" today.

Was fun, bit choppy but the faces were generally smooth but a little sectiony.

Mark saw Kerry out there and a brief chat.

Lambert - some nice shots there, was it consistantly that big at the spot in the 2nd photo?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:01 am

I surfed my fav right hander and it was bloody good ( sorry to rub it in , I feel for you guys struggling in 2 ft mush ), overhead on the sets, super clean and glassy, quite crowded due to teacher strike but still got plenty of good ones. best session there in months. some of the sets were nice but I was hanging just inside a bit and getting the slightly smaller but wedgier ones that ran thru the inside, had an absolute ball.... I was riding my CDD trial board that goes awesome out there. its 6'3" x 19 1/4" x 2 1/2" rounded square tail thruster , its the only thruster I have ATM ( rest are quads )but it I like theses dims on my backhand, always have, just works for me...saw plenty of guys on too small equipment not getting many waves and when they were, they couldnt make the sections..all the MORE for me.... :roll: :D :D :D

Marcus- surfing the old Bluff hey ? that place can be so soft but when it lines up and has some push to the swell, can be great fun...Didnt know you knew Kerry, what was he riding out there ? not his mal I hope ?....

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:55 am

Surfed the next well known right point north of you Mark.
3-4 ft, tropical blue water, light/moderate crowd with a heavy kook/euro backpacker element.
Super rippable in that window of butter texture between the morning offshore and a very light ESE seabreeze.
Rode a 6'2" Brocky high performance eggy thing.
Very curvy outline, tri-plane hull with heaps of squirt, insane paddler and eats up pointbreak sections.
A smooth, rail carver that likes to run a turn full length on the rail outline.
Nothing epic but super fun. Heard it'd been good down your way.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:52 am

Butts wrote:Well, well, well :lol: :lol: :lol:
ST, your other spot was shite this am, surprising difference to mine :?

I was at mine this morning, nice 2ft with the occasional 3ft :shock:
Very inconsistent.
I went to a different spot ... so I think I was north of you (at the sunrise photo spot ... :idea: ) same conditions as you describe ... but you forgot to mention the water temp... :shock: .. the punters are gonna get a shock today when they show up at the beach to excape the heat ... :lol:

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:19 pm

Had the usual mal saturday session at Longy. Sat about 30 metres south of a very large pack of old people on mals with my mate. Got a few surprises but froze my balls off as I sat there in boardies. Agreeing with ST, the water was refreshing. :shock:
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Spoon wrote:Had the usual mal saturday session at Longy. Sat about 30 metres south of a very large pack of old people on mals with my mate. Got a few surprises but froze my balls off as I sat there in boardies. Agreeing with ST, the water was refreshing. :shock:

cold up here too, it hit here yesterday....refreshing thats for sure and even kept a few limpies out of the water....

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Mark - Yeah mark Ive seen Kerry around the traps for a while but only met him officially when I picked up my board from you.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:47 pm

steve shearer wrote:Surfed the next well known right point north of you Mark.
3-4 ft, tropical blue water, light/moderate crowd with a heavy kook/euro backpacker element.
Super rippable in that window of butter texture between the morning offshore and a very light ESE seabreeze.
Rode a 6'2" Brocky high performance eggy thing.
Very curvy outline, tri-plane hull with heaps of squirt, insane paddler and eats up pointbreak sections.
A smooth, rail carver that likes to run a turn full length on the rail outline.
Nothing epic but super fun. Heard it'd been good down your way.
has Chris got a site where I can view his shapes, cant find anything when I google....keen on seeing his stuff coz really liked some shapes in 'Believe' and that Marcus guy was carcing on an egg, I think it was an eggy shape...??? 8)