Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

channels
Snowy McAllister

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by channels » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:02 pm

It's fun when it's not crowded. The problem is the guys who sit at suck rock an drop in leaving you caught inside.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm

I lived overlooking it for 3 years. The best time to hit it was when a new swell was just starting to arrive. Preferably during the middle of the day. The crowd wouldn’t be on it yet. Had plenty of sessions on my own or with one or two others.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 pm

BA wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm
I lived overlooking it for 3 years. The best time to hit it was when a new swell was just starting to arrive. Preferably during the middle of the day. The crowd wouldn’t be on it yet. Had plenty of sessions on my own or with one or two others.
Or at first light.
You weren't the guy in that really old house opposite the school/ college thingies were you?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Trev wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 pm
BA wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm
Or at first light.
You weren't the guy in that really old house opposite the school/ college thingies were you?
Nah, unit on Fairy Bower Road.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Incidentally, the first time I surfed it I had no idea about suck rock and went straight over it. Board dropped out from under my feet over the step and I got absolutely caned and dragged across the reef. Fun times.

Slobadan Madicubich
Harry the Hat

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:19 pm

BA wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Incidentally, the first time I surfed it I had no idea about suck rock and went straight over it. Board dropped out from under my feet over the step and I got absolutely caned and dragged across the reef. Fun times.
same same but I made it :-D-: , +
it was an amazing Saturday afternoon session were i got every wave i went for / no hassling {not today}
I surfed it a bit for a few years before my Tony Abbott incident & don't think I've surfed it since
+( i have experienced the delights of the full wash through, one of the least threatening hidings you can get cause you know there's no follow up)

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I remember seeing Abbott out there one Monday morning, was a public holiday after the NRL GF. Swell was fairly solid, he was riding this hideous blue tiedie/ swirl painted minimal/funboard.

He was sitting at Suck Rock and paddled into one without looking at the guy coming down the line. Didnt listen to him calling him off either. They collided and went over the falls together.

Stern words were exchanged and the opposition leader chose to paddle in.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:38 pm

I remember one excellent afternoon session there breaking pretty much at Winki and going right through to the racetrack. Gigantic waves.
It was the day Melbourne beat St George for the 1999 GF.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Slobadan Madicubich
Harry the Hat

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:54 pm

channels wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:38 pm
I remember seeing Abbott out there one Monday morning, was a public holiday after the NRL GF. Swell was fairly solid, he was riding this hideous blue tiedie/ swirl painted minimal/funboard.

He was sitting at Suck Rock and paddled into one without looking at the guy coming down the line. Didnt listen to him calling him off either. They collided and went over the falls together.

Stern words were exchanged and the opposition leader chose to paddle in.
My incident was a weekday & my mate spotted the arse clown being a floating clueless obstacle.
i had the opportunity to run him down, all i had to do was cut back,come round on the foam & he was fkuced.
I lost it in part 2 & my board smacked me on my calf.
This incident has me thinking that there is a god, he is a Carrnt & sometimes he hangs out at St Pats sucking up the sun & whatever else they sucked up there,Keeping an eye out for his stooges.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Matt Grainger told me years ago about a day they were doing tow ins out there when it was huge. I don't remember the guys name that he towed in but apparently he let go and slid over the ledge. Unbeknown to the guys on the skiis the wave sucked the reef dry and he broke a rib and had his wetsuit torn off. He washed ashore and was taken to hospital. He said they just thought he must have decided to paddle in and go home.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Thud
Duke Status

Post by Thud » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:26 am

Boomerang 4ft hollowish on the beach, south point busy. The young fellas can surf up here. Not many over 40 in the water, good for your surfing if you can stay out of the way, when it matters.

To add all the young fella are Craig Anderson impersonators. Long hair and Hayden's. Spotted at least 15 -20z
Beanpole wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:34 pm
I grew up with Sikhs, Thudster.
Quoted from the book “A serendipitous life. Bean there, done that”

Over55yrs
Harry the Hat

Post by Over55yrs » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Manly in the morning, offshore wind, looked like autumn - crowded but lots of fun.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:22 pm

My local.
Clean.
Uncrowded.
A bit full.
But fun.
And how great is it when the holidays are over and there's just 8 of you in the water and you all know one another.

Sort of took my life in my hands afterwards though.
Standing around talking about things and guys had to go to work.
I mentioned there was a massive downside to retirement.
You don't get any public holidays.

I was lucky to get home alive. 😂
Beanpole

Skipper

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Da boyz.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Thud
Duke Status

Post by Thud » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:56 am

South Boomerang last 3 days. Sunny, offshore and punchy waves. If I lived here my boards would have way more rocker.
Beanpole wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:34 pm
I grew up with Sikhs, Thudster.
Quoted from the book “A serendipitous life. Bean there, done that”

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:04 am

Day 2
Rinse and repeat 👍
Beanpole

Skipper

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Surfed Golf Course a couple of times this week. Not today though.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:42 am

Wanda beach. Little wind effected but some fast overhead walls to tear down. Surfed the 7’6 MINI MALIBU so I could roll in early and take the high line covering ground, then link through the flats into the reform all the way to the beach.

#yaymidlengths
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque