Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

Beerfan
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8857
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beerfan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:20 am

We the fans want to see them mowed down by triple overhead clean up sets!!
we are the angry mob
We read the papers everyday
We like who we like, we hate who we hate
But we're also easily swayed

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21075
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:40 am

nah they'll destroy the joint. uluwatu ain't 20' cloudy.

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 14320
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Drailed » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:40 am
nah they'll destroy the joint. uluwatu ain't 20' cloudy.
100% brother.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24260
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:19 am

:lol:
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21075
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 am

Meanwhile I got the biggest beachie wave of my life this morning. Crazy! 10' straight up, in front of Newport surf club. Swell is really making shit happen down here.

S4MS
regular
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by S4MS » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:18 am

Was out Newport too early. But way too big for me. Got caught on the way out by the biggest set I’d ever stared down. Desperately tried not to panic, bailed and dived deep, deep, praying for my legrope. And again. And again. Then thankfully the 4th broke far enough out for me to cop the whitewash and get washed in. Was far from the biggest flogging I’ve copped but the sheer size of those waves.... heart quickens thinking about it!

User avatar
Cyclone
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21151
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Cyclone » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:40 pm

After the last two posts I'm a bit embarrassed to record my surf this morning in 2 to 3 foot (just overhead, OK Iggy?). But it was pleasant. :-o
Just me and 50 of my new best friends, thanks to Robbie Sherwell telling all and sundry on last night's surf report that Moffat would have a few this morning.
We get rid of the camera and Sherwell takes over on live local TV. :(
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24260
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Well in that case let's kill sherwell
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24260
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:54 pm

With a whippersnapper
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24769
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:05 pm

I got a brand new second hand lawn mower yesterday, I was so excited I got up at dawn and mowed the lawn.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
Cyclone
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21151
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Cyclone » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:21 pm

crabmeat thompson wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:53 pm
Well in that case let's kill sherwell
Good idea. That'll get rid of his surf school too.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24260
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:36 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:05 pm
I got a brand new second hand lawn mower yesterday, I was so excited I got up at dawn and mowed the lawn.

My excitement levels are through the roof here.

Victa?
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

User avatar
chrisb
Owl status
Posts: 4561
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:45 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by chrisb » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 am
Meanwhile I got the biggest beachie wave of my life this morning. Crazy! 10' straight up, in front of Newport surf club. Swell is really making shit happen down here.
Was that intentional or did the sweep take you north away from Barton and the others? Funny, a local journalist reported last week in our local rag that we had missed the ECL's this autumn. Daring but correct.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21075
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Trev wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:21 pm
crabmeat thompson wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:53 pm
Well in that case let's kill sherwell
Good idea. That'll get rid of his surf school too.
Yeah Robbie Sherwell is a Sunny Coast local born and bred.
He can do what he fcuken likes up there.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21075
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:56 pm

chrisb wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:29 pm
Nick Carroll wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 am
Meanwhile I got the biggest beachie wave of my life this morning. Crazy! 10' straight up, in front of Newport surf club. Swell is really making shit happen down here.
Was that intentional or did the sweep take you north away from Barton and the others? Funny, a local journalist reported last week in our local rag that we had missed the ECL's this autumn. Daring but correct.
Ah I was just cruising, each wave would deposit you down near the pipes and so you’d paddle wide on the way back out

I’d surfed for a few hours and thought I wanna get a bomb off that bank in front of the surf club and go in. Just blundered into the situation and abused it for all it was worth.

Swell dropped this arvo and foolishly I went back out and was disappointed.

User avatar
Thud
Owl status
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Board of choice?
Ultimately a hero is a man who would argue with the gods, and so awakens devils to contest his vision.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 21075
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Ah 8’6” Rawson this morning 7’0” AB this arvo.

I did get a couple of crackers but just not the ones I wanted.

User avatar
Thud
Owl status
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Hawaiian board.
Ultimately a hero is a man who would argue with the gods, and so awakens devils to contest his vision.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests