Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 1426
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by buddy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:34 pm

I just did the walk of shame.

Incoming tide, hour after low. Got down to the edge and it looked reasonably calm out the back. Got an easy rock off, then there was a bit of a boil as I was 20 or so metres out and I know there's a rock there somewhere that I've duck dived on to on the lower tides so I did a bit of a shallow dive and got pushed down a bit.

Then it seemed like an endless set. Wave after wave after wave with barely any time between duck dives. Before I knew it I was past the hut. I kept persisting thinking I'll just do the big wide paddle out but the waves kept coming and there's so much sand down there combined with the fast incoming I just kept getting swept. Before I knew it I was on the corner and I wasn't going to go in there on low so I came back in at the boat channel.

Walked back up the point, straight out with one duck dive.
Bad timing I guess.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 22919
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Yeah, that was how my session ended, caught on that inside sandbar and about a million duckdives later ending up down near the bream hole.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 30941
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:03 pm
ps ha ha I went to mongbean's beach today, all I can say is Bondi is not taking any of this very well at all
Ha ha.....you went to Bondi in this weather. Sucked in. Hopefully the swell and rain will carve out some banks. They've been bulldozing sand into the gutters. Can you talk to the producers of Bondi Rescue, Nickompoop?
They leave the gutters in when they are filming.

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 10016
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:17 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:03 pm
Yeah, that was how my session ended, caught on that inside sandbar and about a million duckdives later ending up down near the bream hole.
I love duck diving down near the bream hole!
Erase.

User avatar
Thud
barnacle
Posts: 2345
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Thud » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:32 pm

The Mighty Sunbird wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:17 pm
steve shearer wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:03 pm
Yeah, that was how my session ended, caught on that inside sandbar and about a million duckdives later ending up down near the bream hole.
I love duck diving down near the corn hole!
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

Nick Carroll
Duke Status
Posts: 19553
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 am

Beanpole wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 pm
Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:03 pm
ps ha ha I went to mongbean's beach today, all I can say is Bondi is not taking any of this very well at all
Ha ha.....you went to Bondi in this weather. Sucked in. Hopefully the swell and rain will carve out some banks. They've been bulldozing sand into the gutters. Can you talk to the producers of Bondi Rescue, Nickompoop?
They leave the gutters in when they are filming.
I didn't go there to surf for god's sake, who the hell would do that

Autumn vibe again today, December's gone mad

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 22919
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am

this is incredible.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
Trev
Duke Status
Posts: 19666
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Location: Any Point Break

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:27 am

Definitely like autumn.
Fun.
I curse their head & all the hairs of their head; I curse their face, their brain, their mouth, their nose, their tongue, their teeth, their forehead, their shoulders, their breast, their heart, their stomach, their back, their womb, their arms, their legs, their hands, their feet & all their body, from the top of their head to the soles of their feet, before and behind, within and without

Nick Carroll
Duke Status
Posts: 19553
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:54 am

ha ha Pipe's blowing a deadly 25 knot NNE onshore, and the northern beaches is squared up with a double-banger swell producing surf almost identical to the OTW-Pupukea stretch. Wash throughs, rips forming then passing, then solid fantastic wedges blowing up left and right.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 22919
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:11 pm

I just surfed the local... 4-6ft big ice blue wedgey rights all over the sandbar, pushing in hard with the square angle. Wind puffed up Nor-east and everyone got out. then holy of holies it turned straight offshore again.
In fcuking december.
There were 4 of us out!

It was exactly the kind of surf I had in mind when I "ordered" that Ghost.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by saltman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Live it up while it lasts steve
I am back late tomorrow. Sure the NEer will follow
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23331
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:31 pm

saltman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm
Live it up while it lasts steve
I am back late tomorrow. Sure the NEer will follow
deadset ... you're away again, huh?

this is uncanny
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

User avatar
Cranked
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6376
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Cranked » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm

saltman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm
Live it up while it lasts steve
I am back late tomorrow. Sure the NEer will follow
Hmmmm. Is this just an oz thing salty, because now that I think about it the surf was definitely below par after you arrived in bali.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 3850
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by saltman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Just oz cranky
Remember I scored big elsewhere in that last trip

Hey Crabmeat based on my form so far lock in next tues and Wednesday
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

User avatar
Cranked
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6376
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 am
Location: Willetton

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Cranked » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:28 pm

saltman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 pm
Just oz cranky
Remember I scored big elsewhere in that last trip
Oh yeah, I do now.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23331
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:30 pm

saltman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 pm
Just oz cranky
Remember I scored big elsewhere in that last trip

Hey Crabmeat based on my form so far lock in next tues and Wednesday
I'll clear out my diary, right now!


note: i do not own a diary.
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

Yuke Hunt
Owl status
Posts: 4686
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:16 pm

You spelt dairy wrong.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 30941
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 am
Beanpole wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 pm
Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:03 pm
ps ha ha I went to mongbean's beach today, all I can say is Bondi is not taking any of this very well at all
Ha ha.....you went to Bondi in this weather. Sucked in. Hopefully the swell and rain will carve out some banks. They've been bulldozing sand into the gutters. Can you talk to the producers of Bondi Rescue, Nickompoop?
They leave the gutters in when they are filming.
I didn't go there to surf for god's sake, who the hell would do that

Lord, we get sick of those surf journos and big wave officiaonados lobbing at Bondi every time there's a bit of swell and a howling south Easter. Don't you guys use Coastalwatch?
Actually thought there was more chance of you talking to the Life Guards.
Hope you snared a dirty turmeric latte up at Gertrude and Alice on Hall St while you were there.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests