Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Drailed » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:59 am

Nevermind the ghey little signs. What are they, fccxkn children?

Go an take the camera down. Useless cnuts.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Drailed wrote:Nevermind the ghey little signs. What are they, fccxkn children?

Go an take the camera down. Useless cnuts.
They're not normally easily accessible. Don't know about the Lennox one but the ones I've seen are on top of high rise buildings.
And I understand they're pretty expensive so you'd be leaving yourself wide open to prosecution.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:05 pm

20 local blokes knock on the persons house "gday mate, we all live here snd surf here and that cam is ruining it. We were hoping we could reach an amicable solution, we give you $500 to take it down and we shake hands. Be horrible if things were to get unfriendly"

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:11 pm

alakaboo wrote:I've never in my surfing life used a cam to decide when or where to surf.
It makes zero sense to me. They have minimal appeal and are next to useless, I don't even open the page.

And I'm squarely in the SN demographic (18-45yo well educated and middle class males, mainly) and target market, given I live away from the coast and am time poor.

Tides, wind observations and the forecast (notes only).

The best thing to happen to SN in recent years for my region is when they sacked Steve, because the SEQ forecast notes have a lot more gaps in them for the observant.
Agree with this, occasionally in the past I used to look at the cams and find a reason not to go. Too crowded, too lumpy, too straight etc.

I just go now based on the best option of swell direction and wind direction. Very rarely do I not find something a little fun to get the stoke going...unless it's at Curly.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Drailed wrote:20 local blokes knock on the persons house "gday mate, we all live here snd surf here and that cam is ruining it. We were hoping we could reach an amicable solution, we give you $500 to take it down and we shake hands. Be horrible if things were to get unfriendly"
That's how we roll in Cornwall yo.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:43 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Drailed wrote:20 local blokes knock on the persons house "gday mate, we all live here snd surf here and that cam is ruining it. We were hoping we could reach an amicable solution, we give you $500 to take it down and we shake hands. Be horrible if things were to get unfriendly"
That's how we roll in Cornwall yo.
http://www.surfcams.co.uk/region/cornwall-surfcams
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:49 pm

I didn't say the Cornwall boys were effective. It's the Loofy crew after all.
Smart shorts are only so intimidating.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:51 pm

offshore1 wrote:I didn't say the Cornwall boys were effective. It's the Loofy crew after all.
I had Loofy pegged as an Essex boy.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:01 pm

I never look at a cam. Why bother. Just go and surf where you think it might be ok.

The sites main crime is whipping people into frenzy, especially in Autumn it seems. People who surf a handful of times a year decide they'll go out and surf decent sized and powered surf on their gleaming white boards and catch sweet FA. Annoying.
Last edited by Davros on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:03 pm

midlands UK or possibly Luton (which would explain his rampant islama-horror)
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:14 pm

Well yes living amongst those cnuts would do that to you Hatchy, but no , not from there.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Hatchnam wrote:Devils Advocate: as much it's perfectly understandable that many of the Lennox Heads community would be up-in-arms over the cam
a) what makes LH any more precious than Snapper or Burleigh (or anywhere for that matter)
b) if (disgruntled) members of the LH community were to travel anywhere else, would they be inclined to check web cams, or would their staunch impartial code-of-ethics prevent them from doing so.

it all smacks of "it's all ok, as long as it's not in my backyard"

Lennox Heads, Angourie, Crescent ... all places where the romance is still alive, and there is a defined pecking order. It's sad that there's not more places like that. so... everything should be done to ensure they stay like that and not go the way of the goldy or california.

the cam will alter the vibe, perhaps irreparably at Lennox. Every crowded day, real or perceived will get guys bristling. dudes with qld number plates won't be too welcome on days where its pumping. it's been strained for a while, but this will be the tipping point. and so it should.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Sometimes I wonder what world Drailed lives in

13th century Britain perhaps, you know, pitchforks and all that
"Sirrah! Dare thee to sport a surf cam on thy wretched hovel! My merry men and I wouldst insert our gantlets into thy corn hole!"

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Thanks Saltman.
Beanpole

Skipper

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Braithy wrote:Lennox Heads, Angourie, Crescent ... all places where the romance is still alive, and there is a defined pecking order.
Isn't Crescent a seething hell of old rubberneck longboarders?

Anyway - the above description sounds just like Newport Peak on any day over 3'. We're all in love with each other and there is an extremely well defined pecking order. And there's a camera here too!

Really, everybody should take their clothes off and come on out and play!

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Well said, Nick.
Or as Steve wrote only yesterday.
steve shearer wrote: Instead of surfing being a basically private enterprise with a subjective pay-off for the individual based on his/her performance/interiority; this is a totally public completely external, performative exercise. The crowd is not a hindrance, the crowd is necessary, is audience to the performance of the individual. The thing is to be seen, to create a work of performance art based on a beautiful board, a beautiful body, tattooed markings, etc etc.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:03 pm

I think the Pass is somewhat of a best case scenario for a total chaos, free for all crowded break. Only in that the sheer number of women out there have a dampening effect on the worst excesses of male territorialism. Even so, violence and chaos erupts from time to time.

I like to think of surf spots like fish stocks. There are over-exploited stocks, fully exploited but sustainable and under-utilised stocks. By that analogy just about every QLD Pointbreak is totally over-exploited and is pretty much a total Hobbesian war of all against all.
The Northern NSW Points are fully exploited but mostly sustainable: a local or visitor with reasonable etiquette and skills can expect an order in the lineup and can expect a fun surf.

To wantonly exploit a surf spot and push it into that fully exploited category is a heinous manoeuvre in mine and alot of other eyes here, as I'm sure it would be at Angas or Sandon Point or any other spot of similar nature. These spots are special and they deserve some protection from corporate pillaging. Thats why people worked so hard to make them surf reserves, to preserve some of that special spirit for future generations.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Braithy wrote:Lennox Heads, Angourie, Crescent ... all places where the romance is still alive, and there is a defined pecking order.
Isn't Crescent a seething hell of old rubberneck longboarders?

Anyway - the above description sounds just like Newport Peak on any day over 3'. We're all in love with each other and there is an extremely well defined pecking order. And there's a camera here too!

Really, everybody should take their clothes off and come on out and play!

newport is a safe distance from the scourge of the superbank. lennox is right in the wheelhouse.

but i totally agree. it's time to shed the clothes and come on out and play!
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism