Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Over55yrs
Harry the Hat

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Over55yrs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:56 pm

South Manly, long flat spells then boom the bomb closeout set........very frustrating. The Bower looked big from where I was.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:00 pm

North Styne in front of club house wasn't bad this morning if you are out tomorrow

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Hatchnam wrote:Where I "didn't" surf today. Brutal left off the back of mahons pool running for about four seconds before exploding.

Always looked at that and wondered if it had been surfed before..
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:24 pm

i reckon you'd be able to count the total people who've ever surfed it on one, maybe two hands. Only know of one person that apparently has surfed it. There's no room for error on take off, none. and if you didn't kick out after about four seconds you'd either get killed or annihilated into the rocks. And kicking out would be a challenge, as there's so much water pushing you in.

Only time I've seen it possibly surfable was June 5 and 6. the giant NE swell, where it was breaking much further out and wider, monstrous shifty and raw, and linking through to north Marourbra point.
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:13 am

Cranked wrote:Torrential rain on the bukit for the last hour and last night. Just moved my scooter and a few others from the drive way thats now become a creek. The cave stairs might be a waterfall in an hour or so when the water drains down from the boondocks

Got just a couple of uncrowded waves this morning at the other place I usually surf, including a super fast 250m 2 footer, easy the best wave of the (very bad) morning. My rotater cuff is fcukd, couldn't sleep on either shoulder last night, supposedly a warning that something bad has happened
Ive never heard of a Rotater Cuff, what are the dim's? how many boxes. FCS or futures? Pictures? Shaper? Is it repairable?

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:18 am

Cranked wrote:Torrential rain on the bukit for the last hour and last night. Just moved my scooter and a few others from the drive way thats now become a creek. The cave stairs might be a waterfall in an hour or so when the water drains down from the boondocks

Got just a couple of uncrowded waves this morning at the other place I usually surf, including a super fast 250m 2 footer, easy the best wave of the (very bad) morning. My rotater cuff is fcukd, couldn't sleep on either shoulder last night, supposedly a warning that something bad has happened

Ever done the rotator cuff exercises with the thin strips if rubber? They work a treat.

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:39 am

I'm confused, I thought it was one of those new fanged board model thingys, now your telling me it's to do with some sort of bondage game? Tell me more, I'm slightly excited.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:54 am

Davros wrote:

Ever done the rotator cuff exercises with the thin strips if rubber? They work a treat.
Band pull aparts? I did rehab with bands for my shoulder a few years back. Never had an issue since. Agree, worked great. Heaps of different ways too. I couldn't lift my arm above shoulder height. After the band work, golden.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:00 am

Really excited

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:33 am

Beerfan wrote:
Davros wrote:
Cranked wrote:My rotater cuff is fcukd, couldn't sleep on either shoulder last night, supposedly a warning that something bad has happened
Band pull aparts? I did rehab with bands for my shoulder a few years back. Never had an issue since. Agree, worked great. Heaps of different ways too. I couldn't lift my arm above shoulder height. After the band work, golden.
Yeah, thanks guys. I get it about once a year, then get into the rotator cuff exercises, its gets better, I then swear I will do them religiously for the rest of my life, but they gradually drop from my daily stretches and exercises until it happens again... duh!
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 am

lol !

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:17 am

some smokers this morning.

that new toob machine is the balls.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:48 am

No time to get amongst it today, work etc, though managed to snap a pic of the cake left after dropping child off to school.

Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:30 pm

Surprised that the swell kicked so hard yesterday arvo. Even the south end of Manly was solid.

This morning North Steyne was alright.

Wyre
Snowy McAllister

Post by Wyre » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Sandon on the pump this morn. Only had an hour... not much time when it's sizeable.

Some beasts coming through!
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:43 pm

surfed the Point. really ummmeed and ahhhed, but I've barely surfed in the last month and it was 6ft and pumping.
almost a fist fight in the carpark over the shark issue.

my wife got me on the phone in the carpark and asked me not to paddle out. And I almost didn't. Then I did. I don't know why.

I had a bigger board with the stripes on the bottom and someone pulled me up on the way down the point track and told me the increased contrast was a shark attractor. That was nice to hear.
I'd be lying if I said the long paddle out along the edge of the break didn't feel sharky as fcuk......kept looking back to make sure nothing was hovering, circling etc etc.
Finally got out the back and relaxed. Spent a long, long time waiting for a big bomb set and finally got it but it was a super late technical drop and I nosepicked it after freefalling out of the lip, hit the side of my head hard on the water and saw stars, thought I might have had a micro-black-out.
I'd been having a long conversation with Rusty Miller about the shark thing......

I got back out the back and the horizon was heaving and got right in the slot for the biggest set I saw, stuck the drop this time and rode it past the hut.
I turned to paddle back out and started feeling a bit funny. Realised I couldn't remember what I;'d been talking to Rusty about, it was like it was stuck behind a frosted glass window in the my mind. Then I tried to work out what day of the week it was and realised I couldn't. Paddled in. Felt really strange and wobbly, and drove home. Anyone know anything about concussion?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Tell us about the almost biffo.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:48 pm

Yeah, you'll get over it by tomorrow most likely. If you don;t go and see your GP.

Why were they fighting about sharks? that's funny.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable