Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

el rancho
Duke Status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by el rancho » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:28 am

The Alley. Why? I don't know but I may have lost my mind. On my self-shaped 4'11 fish. Last wave was stupendous, from the rock all the way to the rock wall

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:28 pm

el rancho wrote:The Alley. Why? I don't know but I may have lost my mind. On my self-shaped 4'11 fish. Last wave was stupendous, from the rock all the way to the rock wall
I surfed there the other weekend when we had that swell and it was loads of fun. Usually wouldn't bother with the Alley but had a look on my way to Snapper and it looked good so thought I'd give it a go. Also the thought of surfing with 20 people as opposed to 400 appealed.
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:40 pm

jimmy wrote:
el rancho wrote:The Alley. Why? I don't know but I may have lost my mind. On my self-shaped 4'11 fish. Last wave was stupendous, from the rock all the way to the rock wall
I surfed there the other weekend when we had that swell and it was loads of fun. Usually wouldn't bother with the Alley but had a look on my way to Snapper and it looked good so thought I'd give it a go. Also the thought of surfing with 20 people as opposed to 400 appealed.
the alley is peanut central. rarely paddle a shortboard out there. bank is good though

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:40 pm

el rancho wrote:the alley is peanut central. rarely paddle a shortboard out there. bank is good though
Its bloody mayhem out there most of the time. I think the last time I ventured out there was christmas morning two years ago, 5:00am and the place was jam packed ... its a fcuken circus I tell ya, a fcuken circus. The banks are looking pretty good though.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Womble wrote:
el rancho wrote:the alley is peanut central. rarely paddle a shortboard out there. bank is good though
Its bloody mayhem out there most of the time. I think the last time I ventured out there was christmas morning two years ago, 5:00am and the place was jam packed ... its a fcuken circus I tell ya, a fcuken circus. The banks are looking pretty good though.
Wasn't a surfer killed by a boat there a couple of years ago?

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:40 pm

chrisb wrote:
Womble wrote:
Yep.

I've had a fat fcuk on a jet ski drive over the top of a wave I was riding one new years day. He literally ran me over, that was around 8 years back. Another time a boat load of half pissed fishoes came careering through the break at Lacey's and almost collected a few of us. The driver of the boat had a bit of a laugh and waved his stubbie in salute as they passed. Its a cnut of a place.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Womble wrote:
chrisb wrote:
Womble wrote:
Yep.

I've had a fat fcuk on a jet ski drive over the top of a wave I was riding one new years day. He literally ran me over, that was around 8 years back. Another time a boat load of half pissed fishoes came careering through the break at Lacey's and almost collected a few of us. The driver of the boat had a bit of a laugh and waved his stubbie in salute as they passed. Its a cnut of a place.
Sounds like the Wild West. I wonder why, when places like the nearby Pass, although crowded, are quite civilised in regards to both the diving and fishing boats. The times Ive been there warning is given, horns are tooted and the boaters navigate in and out carefully and respectfully.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:31 pm

People from Qld are the utter cnuts of the earth.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:39 pm

it's true. they wanted to have the cronulla riots up here but there aren't as many lebanese going to the beach.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:40 pm

Bravo :-D-:
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Well even the ethnic slur goes here won't live in Queensland
Erase.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:14 pm

that last 5-6 day swell we had about 8 weeks ago, i had 11 surfs at the alley.

i literally haven't surfed since :lol:
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Two foot east windswell mush. Breaking like a dogs breakfast, but a few bowly sections and peaks in the mix. Water quality was appalling, full of storm water runoff, sticks and leaves, chips packets, and fk knows what else.
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

regular

Post by 8 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Which board did your surf in such conditions?

And how did it go?

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Braithy wrote:that last 5-6 day swell we had about 8 weeks ago, i had 11 surfs at the alley.

i literally haven't surfed since :lol:
I saw a clubbie boat go sideways and flip upside down coming in from the surf into the creek mouth today. It wasn't too far from cleaning up a section of the horde.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:34 pm

8 wrote:Which board did your surf in such conditions?

And how did it go?
Hi Andy . I used a 6'0 twin fin and it went ok
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:39 pm

Been having a blast with the kids pushing them onto little waves on their bodyboards.
They are finally at the age when they find being dumped amusing, and just totally frothing out on faceracing 1-2ft windswell.
Catch 50 waves an hour and just melt into bed at sunset.

I took a board but couldn't do it to myself, went bodysurfing instead and it was a hoot.

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:23 pm

alakaboo wrote:Been having a blast with the kids pushing them onto little waves on their bodyboards.
They are finally at the age when they find being dumped amusing, and just totally frothing out on faceracing 1-2ft windswell.
Catch 50 waves an hour and just melt into bed at sunset.

I took a board but couldn't do it to myself, went bodysurfing instead and it was a hoot.
Best time with kids. So good when they're completely wasted after being smashed in the surf.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet