Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:18 pm

brendo wrote:
Trev wrote:I remember when I was still at school, buying (well, "acquiring") a Surfing World with a story and photos on Lurline Bay. So, probably 1964 or 65, they were surfing it on logs with no legropes.

my old man surfed it and wci when he was young. he reckons he was in a surfmag in late 60s, it was credited as unkown, but him and his mates knew it was him. he used to tell me the story from as young as I would listen. when I got a bit older he couldn't find the mag, but in saying that we had packed up and moved to the north coast.hes a straightshooter and a tough ol bloke, Ive no reason to doubt him. hes still got the old Wallace he rode back then to. even had the surf rego sticker on it still when I was a kid.
Haha.
One of the school teachers I surf with was telling me the other day the kids in his class reckon they should licence surfers as a way to help control surf rage. I told him the Sydney surfers used to have to register their boards back in the 60's. I'm not sure he believed me but he WAS gonna tell the kids.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:58 pm

I've seen heaps more good waves at Deadies than at the Southy. Probably checked the Southy more often over the years but I'm actually struggling to remember one decent ride I've seen there. I've seen someone get completely poleaxed out at Wedding Cake. Really freaky wave. Seen heaps more good waves at Clovelly Bombie when it's big than the Southie. Seen Lurline looking very nice a few times as well. Deadies definitely has a potentially better wave as that guy in the video shows by going right through.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

packa
regular

Post by packa » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:16 pm

steve shearer wrote: ... and the nature of depression. Would an experience like this one, fully engaged, senses redlining be enough to snap someone out of depression...or is that slow process of shutting down to the world a kind of soul sickness which is unreachable even by events like this? ...
No. No, it doesn't ...

makemake

Post by makemake » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:21 pm

>>I've seen someone get completely poleaxed out at Wedding Cake
I've seen some cute, uncrowded waves at Wedding Cake but the paddle out was more freaky than the wave.

WEAR BOOTIES all the time - rocks and broken bottles (they wash up and break on the beach)..
..B..
@makesurf
http://surfingsites.net/

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:43 am

The wave I was thinking of was a v big fat peak that someone took off on. It looked like a left but the guy went right proning out down the big fat face. It kept building but I thought he was going to just prone it in towards shore. Then all of a sudden he stood up. He was three quarters of the way down the face. The bottom dropped out of the wave and he free fell into the pit with a lip three times bigger than the face. The face was overhead. He got smashed. Broke similarly to the Clovelly Bombie where the face just pops up halfway down suddenly.

Im not talking about the fullish right that breaks off the North Side. It seems a bit of a hoax.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Had a fun surf yesterday arvo. The first good one in a while.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Dragged down this arvo. At least the water was nice.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:26 pm

you mean there were surfable waves today? i checked it at first light this morning, and bailed. it was barely knee high. yesterday morning was fun but. 2+ foot glassy a-framed sloping peaks running left and right. smooth walled up little numbers. nothing powerful or bowly, but beautifully silky long walls for lining up and cutting back on.
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Marginal. Very reluctant to get dragged down after work. Plenty of learners and log riders. Managed to refrain from cursing too much. Didn't get clobbered. Probably could have had a trim on a mal. Nice little bank underneath it all.

At least Monday felt like surfing for a change.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Bra was fun before the wind got into it about midday. Small but good bank
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Elbo

Post by Elbo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:36 am

Went to Narrabeen Saturday morning. Not much happening, the occasional small set wave coming through. But was a fair way off shore and a pod of dolphins swum up to me. One passed about an arm's length away and rolled onto its back, another one poked its head out of the water to have a look at me. Paddled with them all around me for about 50m before they took off. Was on a massive high for the rest of the day 8)

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:45 am

lucky you didnt get raped.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:47 am

Drailed wrote:Bra was fun before the wind got into it about midday. Small but good bank
As good as the Maldives, eh? ;)

Local was fun on the weekend in the sloppy 1ft conditions ... not much of a crowd and it was very relaxed.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Elbo

Post by Elbo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:04 am

Drailed wrote:lucky you didnt get raped.
Mustn't have been dressed slutty enough.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:11 am

Never seen so many out of control SUPs in the line up as I did yesterday. I counted 7 at one time all on the one bank, taking off right through the surfers. Not one of them would have been under the age of 45. I can see this summer is going to be just great. Someone will be killed or seriously injured at a beach near you this summer. Im getting myself a crash helmet.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:18 am

wtf are you guys doing there Natho?

Lennox instituted a zero tolerance policy to SUPS at the Points.

No SUPs, no worries. Those that show up get shown the door.

It doesn't take much.

Make a stand against Stand-up paddling. Oh, thats right: all the old legends are doing it and the boardmakers are cashing in. Too bad.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:22 am

I dunno, they're pretty easy to chase away and they're nowhere near it when the surf's 3'+. They know they're retards and respond well when gently ushered off.

But yesterday was a retard day, it was 1-2'. slow and the first sunny Sunday in 24 years. what are ya gonna do.

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:44 am

I can't fight this war on my own Steve. We must stand united people. I support the zero tolerance policy implemented at Lennox. It should start at the carparks before the fkz even get near the water.