Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Beanpole » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Saturday morning insanely crowded Crescent early. Frustrating but.......managed to score one bomb that ran at speed right across the bay before closing out down past where the flags usually are.

Pretty stuffed after a good week of waves. Really had enough of over congested line ups for a while. Travelling down to Foster yesterday Port had an excellent looking left breaking out level with the bar and quite a few on it. Actually saw a tourist dive boat or something surf a gigantic wall with studied ease before coming in. Rainbow Beach had the best looking set up with three guys out. Close to going out but decided to continue on to Saltwater which was big, full, crowded and cross shore so I didn't worry about. Forster ordinary but went to Seal Rocks today and they said the fat right on the main beach had been all time on Saturday.

No Pants Lance
Snowy McAllister

Post by No Pants Lance » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Rocked off with our one and only Ox man on his More quad, at his beloved into some sweet soul music this morn. (Nice board it was too Mark)
Only managed a couple though and pulled back from an invited drop in fearing I'd land on his scone such was my clumsy late drop style and cramp ridden takeoffs bit despite this it was just push-ups for the soul to be out there. Sun was shining , mood was mellow, birds were diving and the dolphins frisky.
Thanks Shep ! :wink:
I'll post a full report on my northern sojourn shortly.
Big ups to Jimmy! ' boo And Albi!!!

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Shit surf at North Curlie. Nice looking peak however quite inconsistent sets, a touch fat, even on the low tide, and the strong offshore wasn't helping. Got a couple and then the peak was overrun by about 15 mals. A peak full of mals coupled with inconsistent sets equals no waves for any shorter boards. Should have gone further up the road.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:27 pm

South Boomerang Friday and Sunday. Friday thinking 6-8ft....Saturday massive 10-12+ and...Sunday for about 2 hours untold 4-6ft and very good.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Friday not bad, bunch of guys on guns out back, then there were a few right peaks leading into the beach but beach side wasnt working that great, but not a ton out for Friday Easter, I heard there were better options e.g. Sanbar. Saturday was huge so 2 mad bastards out and I almost went to Seal Rocks but was to lazy and reading Beanpoles report I now regret that decision. Sunday there was a comp on but it didnt really matter because it was great for a few magic hours in the south end generally and again not that busy considering say 3-4 guys to each peak, I didnt see a drop in the 3 hours.

Side note, on Friday copped a beating and hold down as I got caught out getting lazy on the inside away from the rock shelf on a nasty sandbank and havent felt so helpless and alone while i was been dragged along the bottom like a small twig and actually thought about my family when i was under trying to relax. f*cked.

excuse the long answer

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by Beanpole » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Actually checked out North Boomerang on Sunday. Had stayed at Forster on Saturday. It was a little bit wild and since I was going to be the only one surfing I got outvoted :roll: Drove past the south end but couldn't see a park anywhere and it looked packed. Figured it would be packed.

Funny where does and doesn't pick up swell around there.
Saturday Tuncurry was not really doing it. Had a look at Pebbly but it was a bit closie outie. One mile was actually not that big and there were guys out on the south end but it wasn't that good.

Sunday one mile was pretty small, Pebbly wasn't breaking at all and I was expecting Boomerang to be little.

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by Beanpole » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Actually checked out North Boomerang on Sunday. Had stayed at Forster on Saturday. It was a little bit wild and since I was going to be the only one surfing I got outvoted :roll: Drove past the south end but couldn't see a park anywhere and it looked packed. Figured it would be packed.

Funny where does and doesn't pick up swell around there.
Saturday Tuncurry was not really doing it. Had a look at Pebbly but it was a bit closie outie. One mile was actually not that big and there were guys out on the south end but it wasn't that good.

Sunday one mile was pretty small, Pebbly wasn't breaking at all and I was expecting Boomerang to be little.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:37 pm

North boomerang didnt turn on Friday to Monday (think its better under NE swell). Comp on Sunday, hence cars but water wasnt that packed in non competitor area, although that depends on your definition of packed.

marauding mullet
Snowy McAllister

Post by marauding mullet » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:40 pm

Beanpole wrote: went to Seal Rocks today and they said the fat right on the main beach had been all time on Saturday.
I knew it!!! Would have gone up there if it wasn't Easter, I assumed there would be a cast of thousands.
Stayed around home instead but found it hard to find anywhere around Newy on Friday that could hold the size.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by Beanpole » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Really surprised by the waves at Port and Bonny Hills on Saturday. Very impressive.
I expected Saltwater to be way better than it was. The only guy on top of it was a young guy on a fish. He was all over it which gives you some idea of how fat it was.

Some good waves around here today actually. Swell popped up a bit.

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by Beanpole » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:43 am

As I mentioned yesterday there were over 150 surfers out at Bondi yesterday afternoon at about 4pm. That's excluding soft boarders up the nth end and there looked to be at least 20 of them.

Another 4 were going out where we were.

Went out and caught about 4 or 5 waves before it got so gloomy I couldn't work out where the waves were cresting. Always start thinking about the guy getting bitten in conditions like that.

Also there were about 4 or 5 SUPs including one girl down the south end who is particularly assertive and dangerous in crowded conditions. Light and fit enough to actually paddle onto waves but unco enough to go straight through the crowd repeatedly. Gave that area a wide berth once I Sussed that out.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 pm

North Curly 2 foot with RS's Don Norris. said g'day, but he didn't remember me at first :)

ok session, bit weak, bit fat, but clean little peelers. nice peaky take-offs.
steve shearer wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:36 pm
scant swell window
Beanpole wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:39 pm
I had a swim.
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri May 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Hatchnam wrote:North Curly 2 foot with RS's Don Norris. said g'day, but he didn't remember me at first :)

ok session, bit weak, bit fat, but clean little peelers. nice peaky take-offs.
If you told him you were Hatchnam, he probably thought you'd lost weight. :-)(
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by Beanpole » Fri May 02, 2014 8:03 pm

That's like when I was waving at Nick when he came up on TV at Bells. No response whatsoever.

Went down for a beer at Bondi this Arvo. I counted 160 odd guys out and saw three major collisions including a semi competent mal rider doing a nose ride and then clocking a kid in the head who was paddling out. Kid went in clutching his head. I think he had just paddled out. Also one four person take off with two independent collisions. 3-)

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Fri May 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Snorkeled south end maroubra, there was a lineup of 4 or 5 further up the beach. There was so much movement in the water I got sand up my shorts on the way in.

Beanpole
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by Beanpole » Sat May 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Surprised to see a very few little waves with offshore winds today so ended up having a paddle. First surf for the year in a steamer I think. Water is still lovely and warm. Caught a couple of grovellers.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Sat May 03, 2014 6:34 pm

The water was still warm but I was shivering in my spring suit today due to the off shore wind. Ended up paddling for no reason and getting off my board to thread water just to keep warm.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Sun May 04, 2014 1:25 pm

How quick has the swell ramped up. Unrideabley small at freshie and curlie at 8am and now solid 4 foot dee why and maybe even 6 foot plus at Longie!