Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 pm

el rancho wrote:Wonky super fast kirra this morning before a thousand scabs who'd given up on battling the sweep drifted down from the superbank.
Actually ... Kirra was looking somewhat enticing on the drive by ... mid morning with a bit more water under it ... didn't watch it for longer than it took to round the bend though.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:23 pm

it had a day of days look to it this morning. stupidly crowded but enough true clean-up eight foot sets on the back button to keep the crowd honest.

got a few on the seven-o bonzer pintail before I snapped the leggie.

thanx to old mate for grabbing it off the rocks.

got a foot full of sea urchins on the way in. Skip was there with cold beers. genius.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:14 pm

sister flew down. had the whole day jammed full of easter family and kid type stuff. so didn't get a go-out. the small window of time didn't allow for a hunt down or travel to anywhere plausible unfortunately. :|

only had 10 mins up my sleeve to spare for a quick swing by and get a look at what was going down. very solid lines pouring in thru maroubra. north end had a left hander running thru in the shape of a mack truck. formidable raw energy with nothing stand in its way. it was absolutely piling in.

nobody out. nobody. the paddle out looked futile or impossible, and the rock off there's a thing of life and death on days like that.

pic doesn't show up the size, and without anyone out there it was hard to tell. but it looked at least triple overhead. maybe 4times overhead or bigger on a couple that came thru.

Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Hatchnam wrote:north end had a left hander running thru in the shape of a mack truck. formidable raw energy with nothing stand in its way. it was absolutely piling in.
this
http://videobam.com/mrjAL
Sniff wrote:

Elbo

Post by Elbo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:23 am

Went for a walk from Mona Vale to Turimetta and back this arvo. This bloke was the only one out. Bailed just in time on this one.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 am

Hatchnam wrote:
Hatchnam wrote:north end had a left hander running thru in the shape of a mack truck. formidable raw energy with nothing stand in its way. it was absolutely piling in.
this
http://videobam.com/mrjAL
Watched it awhile, not as good as what you saw. Heartbreakingly doable except been unfit from injuries plus lazy for a year now, that rockoff would've stopped me anyway, and being sixty now has psyched me the wrong way for the meantime.

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Got a couple of screaming lefts at Sth Broulee this morning.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Banks have been rearranged in a great way. Hollow 4 footers, light winds, super fun surf.

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Whereabouts Channels? I hit the Manly strip early for some smaller fun ones before it disappeared altogether but I'm thinking there might have been some bigger (& better) ones further up the coast.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:40 pm

this morning, wanda thru greenhills had some fun 4-5ft walls tearing along. running up to 100 metres on the good ones. some sections of the wave allowed drawn out top-to-bottom type arcing. and cutbacks into the reform on a few of them. the bonzer was perfect for it.
Sniff wrote:

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 pm

Saturday morning insanely crowded Crescent early. Frustrating but.......managed to score one bomb that ran at speed right across the bay before closing out down past where the flags usually are.

Pretty stuffed after a good week of waves. Really had enough of over congested line ups for a while. Travelling down to Foster yesterday Port had an excellent looking left breaking out level with the bar and quite a few on it. Actually saw a tourist dive boat or something surf a gigantic wall with studied ease before coming in. Rainbow Beach had the best looking set up with three guys out. Close to going out but decided to continue on to Saltwater which was big, full, crowded and cross shore so I didn't worry about. Forster ordinary but went to Seal Rocks today and they said the fat right on the main beach had been all time on Saturday.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Rocked off with our one and only Ox man on his More quad, at his beloved into some sweet soul music this morn. (Nice board it was too Mark)
Only managed a couple though and pulled back from an invited drop in fearing I'd land on his scone such was my clumsy late drop style and cramp ridden takeoffs bit despite this it was just push-ups for the soul to be out there. Sun was shining , mood was mellow, birds were diving and the dolphins frisky.
Thanks Shep ! :wink:
I'll post a full report on my northern sojourn shortly.
Big ups to Jimmy! ' boo And Albi!!!

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Shit surf at North Curlie. Nice looking peak however quite inconsistent sets, a touch fat, even on the low tide, and the strong offshore wasn't helping. Got a couple and then the peak was overrun by about 15 mals. A peak full of mals coupled with inconsistent sets equals no waves for any shorter boards. Should have gone further up the road.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:27 pm

South Boomerang Friday and Sunday. Friday thinking 6-8ft....Saturday massive 10-12+ and...Sunday for about 2 hours untold 4-6ft and very good.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Friday not bad, bunch of guys on guns out back, then there were a few right peaks leading into the beach but beach side wasnt working that great, but not a ton out for Friday Easter, I heard there were better options e.g. Sanbar. Saturday was huge so 2 mad bastards out and I almost went to Seal Rocks but was to lazy and reading Beanpoles report I now regret that decision. Sunday there was a comp on but it didnt really matter because it was great for a few magic hours in the south end generally and again not that busy considering say 3-4 guys to each peak, I didnt see a drop in the 3 hours.

Side note, on Friday copped a beating and hold down as I got caught out getting lazy on the inside away from the rock shelf on a nasty sandbank and havent felt so helpless and alone while i was been dragged along the bottom like a small twig and actually thought about my family when i was under trying to relax. f*cked.

excuse the long answer

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Actually checked out North Boomerang on Sunday. Had stayed at Forster on Saturday. It was a little bit wild and since I was going to be the only one surfing I got outvoted :roll: Drove past the south end but couldn't see a park anywhere and it looked packed. Figured it would be packed.

Funny where does and doesn't pick up swell around there.
Saturday Tuncurry was not really doing it. Had a look at Pebbly but it was a bit closie outie. One mile was actually not that big and there were guys out on the south end but it wasn't that good.

Sunday one mile was pretty small, Pebbly wasn't breaking at all and I was expecting Boomerang to be little.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Actually checked out North Boomerang on Sunday. Had stayed at Forster on Saturday. It was a little bit wild and since I was going to be the only one surfing I got outvoted :roll: Drove past the south end but couldn't see a park anywhere and it looked packed. Figured it would be packed.

Funny where does and doesn't pick up swell around there.
Saturday Tuncurry was not really doing it. Had a look at Pebbly but it was a bit closie outie. One mile was actually not that big and there were guys out on the south end but it wasn't that good.

Sunday one mile was pretty small, Pebbly wasn't breaking at all and I was expecting Boomerang to be little.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:37 pm

North boomerang didnt turn on Friday to Monday (think its better under NE swell). Comp on Sunday, hence cars but water wasnt that packed in non competitor area, although that depends on your definition of packed.