Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Animal_Chin
Local

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Animal_Chin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:30 pm

This vid sums up my session yesterday morning at 13th Beach:

http://vimeo.com/85087757

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Hope you were the fat guy.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Animal_Chin wrote:This vid sums up my session yesterday morning at 13th Beach:

http://vimeo.com/85087757
3-)
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Flinders before eatin' time

It was actually not that bad. Swell was pretty decent with a lot of grunt but you had to pick them. And when you did man did you get some good rides. I had it to myself for 45 minutes then after that I shared it with 2 other guys.

One of those sessions where I'm fcuked if I know how many waves I got :-D-:

Bunch of people at Meanos getting some serious waves too, bit full on for me though at that place though with this swell, too short, fast, powerful and vertical for my abilities.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Ah, Meanos. Paddled out one day with a guy who was having his first surf on a new board. First wave, he tried a no paddle take-off as I was punching through the lip. I looked back to see how he went. All I saw was the front half of his board flying upwards. Board looked like it might have gone ok, too
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:15 pm

Legion wrote:
Grooter wrote:Flinders before eatin' time
Could you narrow it down for us groots? I mean, that could be any time of the day for you ...
:lol:

Between 10 and 12 so just before my third meal of the day
swvic wrote:Ah, Meanos. Paddled out one day with a guy who was having his first surf on a new board. First wave, he tried a no paddle take-off as I was punching through the lip. I looked back to see how he went. All I saw was the front half of his board flying upwards. Board looked like it might have gone ok, too
The first time I surfed there I paddled out on an epoxy 7'6" mini-mal not knowing for sure what it would be like. Needless to say I got fcuked up :-D-:

Been back a few times since on my 7' which is still too big for it even at high-tide on a small swell so 9 times out of 10 I'll go Cyrils instead
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Cyrils still has that heavy section that can fcuk you up, but you're right, it doesn't compare to Meanos. Best I ever saw surf it was a guy called Brendan Rooney. When the tide was getting too low and everyone else was paddling in, he'd be paddling out. High line tubes over virtually dry rock
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Legion wrote:Cyrils. The very name evokes terror in the hearts of the bravest surfers.
Yeah it's a good one :)

swvic wrote:Cyrils still has that heavy section that can fcuk you up, but you're right, it doesn't compare to Meanos. Best I ever saw surf it was a guy called Brendan Rooney. When the tide was getting too low and everyone else was paddling in, he'd be paddling out. High line tubes over virtually dry rock
That's nuts!

A mate of mine took off at Cyrils once and looked down and saw nothing but dry reef as the swell just sucked it all away.

The Trigger guys were happy to see him at the Pt Leo shop with a severely fcuked up board to repair :-D-:

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Somewhere on the NB's with only a couple of other people. Sun, warm water, and peaks aplenty. Love it when school holidays finish.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 pm

This evening's session at the north end of my local was the best I have ever had there. The right hander was really good.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:12 am

/\ yeah, it was a bit of fun hey? Nice little shape to it. Wackable, fun to cutback on etc... But if only it'd barrel properly once in a while hey ? :wink: rare cover up here and there at best usually
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:05 pm

Was definitely fun and relatively uncrowded. I realised how static I am when up on a wave. Sometime to work on. Almost wrecked my board on the rocks on the way in. I thought was south of the rocks but no, there was one slab that I didn't take into account.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:06 am

Sat on the big rock with my son this morning and watched the human catastrophe which is the Alley in 3-4 foot king high tide onshore conditions.

All kinds of occupational health and safety atrocities being committed every 7 to 8 seconds.

This one guy on a goat boat, with no leash, thought he'd steer right into the teeth of 4-footer breaking right on top of him. I let out a maniacal laugh as the goat boat bounced off about 11 people on it's way to the creek mouth.

Then dragon boats came through the lineup! The first boat, kinda knew what they were doing. The second, not so much. They just charged through the middle of the alley and left people scrambling everywhere.

Then as karma would have a 20-foot centre console was waiting for his gap in the sets to plough through the creek mouth for a spot of pellagic fishing on the reef. The swells must have been big from his vantage point, because he gunned it right at the dragon boat.

The dragon boat scrambled right and copped a little two footer side on and rolled. They oocupants were left swimming trying to get back into the dragon boat as a whole racing SUP peloton committed themselves the the creek mouth took off.

It's better than tv.

... then you realise it use to be a cranking wave right at the top of your list as one of your favourites when it's linking up to the southern end of palmy.

Now. It's a complete unsurfable travesty each and every weekend.

:(
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:03 pm

It should really be renamed Clusterfcuk Alley.

Hear Tate wants to have it named a navigable waterway?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:16 pm

I went north today and tackled the mess that is Fong's backyard. He and I got separated on the walk out and we went to different spots but both got waves, despite the crowds.

Desperate times require desperate measures. :d
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:58 am

Had a fun dusk session at my local yesterday. Wasn't expecting anything at all since it was small and wind affected but it turned out to be very fun indeed. The best bits were the last last few waves where I stuffed up the takeoffs because I now know exactly what I did wrong for each of them.

This morning, not so fun due to the lack of swell and the high tide. Took a mate's fish out and was struggling on it. I only realised it was a 5'6" when I got out of the water.