Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by black duck » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:23 pm

purple pyramids wrote:leg rope broke on the first wave. luckily the board ended up on the sand, not the rocks. cut my foot on glass. saw two blue tongues on the walk home.
purple - were the blue tongues in Tama gully?
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 pm

black duck wrote:
purple pyramids wrote:leg rope broke on the first wave. luckily the board ended up on the sand, not the rocks. cut my foot on glass. saw two blue tongues on the walk home.
purple - were the blue tongues in Tama gully?
yep. those are the ones. they must be a pretty tenacious pair to survive in an in area so heavily trafficked by dogs...and wankers.
hope they breed and prosper.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:38 am

The odd fun wave around this morning.

We scored some super super fun clean as 2ft pitchin beachies. Must have got a 1000 waves this morning. Was just sooo much fun, even the dolphins were getting in the barrel.

Calm before the storm and looks like every bank will be destroyed next week!!!! :( :(

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:28 pm

A fun session on The Island today, it's been so long since we've had some smooth conditions but the last few days have been very much enjoyable. With 4 hours off work and the swell dropping we got into a some fun 2 to 3ft waves at on of our breaks. Suppose to be a South Swell hitting in a few days where I'll try and get out at "Suicides" where I'll post some good photos of why it bares that name. Hope you're all getting some waves back home!
Attachments
8-21-2011_003.jpg
8-21-2011_001.jpg
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Had some very small stuff yesterday.
Today was a different matter. In preparation I added Fong's gun to my car. And it would have been the right board but............ big, hairy and low tide with a massive south to north sweep. All the sand which has been washed away over the past few months is hanging around in a sandbar about 300-400 meters out and almost right across the bay so with this size swell there's a massive closeout at the end of any wave you might be lucky enough to catch.
The wind was from the south overnight so it was relatively clean until you got outside the headland. Breaking Waaaayyy out past there.
There were some reasonably good waves coming through with long walls and longish rides but you'd have been getting pounded and smashed trying to stay in the take-off zone.
Couldn't find any takers to paddle out with me so I went home to bed. :oops: :roll:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:03 pm

I would have come out with ya Trev, would have been a good practice session for Fiji...even if it was just for paddle fitness. I would assume Noosa is doing its thing, or is the swell too South?
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:14 pm

ledge71 wrote:I would have come out with ya Trev, would have been a good practice session for Fiji...even if it was just for paddle fitness. I would assume Noosa is doing its thing, or is the swell too South?
I guess Noosa is working. The angle of the swell down here suggests it'd be getting in up there.
Anyway I'm in Brisbane for the next couple of days. Here's hoping there'll be some leftovers on Thursday and Friday. :roll:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Came home a bit grumpy. Junior bugging me to hit the beach. Me making excuses,on shore, closing out, cold. Had a cup of tea and gave in. Beach all of the above but not too much and had a bit of fun. :D :D
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 am

Caught the longest wave of my life today, musta been close to a kilometre.

20+ top turns, and bookended by barrells.

Needed it too, been feeling a bit old and hopeless in the surf lately.

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:55 am

Lucky bugger tiger!!.

Haven't got wet for a few weeks, but managed some nice waves this morning, left handers too, even better!

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 am

Stoked!
Things must have improved since yesterday's suprise swell dissapearance.
You're missing the general public doing the pick it, put it down and piss off at Used Undies today ya poor bugger!
Only a rat can win the rat race.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:21 pm

tiger wrote:Caught the longest wave of my life today, musta been close to a kilometre.

20+ top turns, and bookended by barrells.

Needed it too, been feeling a bit old and hopeless in the surf lately.
lucky bastard tiger
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Forgot to mention my 1st wave of the morning at T Tree, had a dolphin share it with me doing jumps out of the wave face all the way into the bay.

Hey Cuttles, swell has moved a bit more to the E and thickened. T Tree was solid and consistent and maybe 12 guys out at the max. Pot was quality when they came, but not as many hitting, and crew on it. I just timed my paddle across from T Tree just right to co-incide with a bomb set. Only gripe was the wind still had a bit too much S in it, and was blowing up the point.

RE the markets, we don't do wednesdays. Hearing ya about the tyre kickers :roll: .

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Beerfan wrote:Lucky bugger tiger!!.

Haven't got wet for a few weeks, but managed some nice waves this morning, left handers too, even better!
bit fat by the time i paddled out this afternoon - but they were rideable and they were lefts.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:19 pm

First point on the mini simmons....fun fun fun. Made a very very shit day for me that little bit better

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Image :D

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:37 am

these reports are killing me :( no board, no time = no fun for me
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:16 am

I have offered mate.... 8)