Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:28 pm

^^^^^^^

Where's the other two Mick?

And let's see the undersides as well.

Looking good.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Flinders, Gunna was too big and messy, Westernport was too small. Plenty of swell but the wind had turned most of it to junk

Got a few rides and then called it quits
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:40 pm

TrevG wrote:^^^^^^^

Where's the other two Mick?

And let's see the undersides as well.

Looking good.
Only got a few pics Trev, the other two are also done. 6 Foot and another 6'6 for the brother-in-law.

Going to hit Wurts tomorrow, should be good conditions, just not much swell!
Attachments
013.jpg
Underside of the 5'10
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 am

Got some fun little beachies this a.m.
North of Ann St and South of Curra. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:11 pm

woolly wrote:Good, clean looking board Mix.

May I ask how the rubix cube design was applied? Is that all airbrush? :shock:
Hey Woolly, full board Decal. It actually replaces one layer of glass. It's lighter than glass but supposed to be 40 to 60% stronger. Web Site: www.inlayz.net

We built two boards the exact same and the one with the inlayz was about 500g lighter than the plain board.

Still, at the end of the day, it's how well it surfs and not how good it looks...counting down the days for test riding!

Trev, hit WURTS this morning, most likey the same as what you guys got. Nice peak to ourselves and glassy glassy glassy. A few tight little barrels to be had.

Why is it when you get on a bank to yourself everyone else that walks onto the beach decides to paddle right out next to you! THe whole bloody beach had banks and people just want to sit on your lap. Sorry guys but IT PISSES ME OFF! Do you want me to hold your bloody hand! It's my PET HATE!

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Had a fun beachy session near coolum . Met my first ever Realsurfer in the water... G'day Digger ! . I only picked him by his board, a MORE quadfather.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:31 pm

smallhouse wrote:Had a fun beachy session near coolum . Met my first ever Realsurfer in the water... G'day Digger ! . I only picked him by his board, a MORE quadfather.
Good news smallhouse.
Glad you met Digger. And glad he was getting a surf. He's been complaining about not getting any recently. :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:54 pm

No surf for me today, yesterday I had a few with tiger and a few others, it was good but I didn't score unlike tim (the prick :) ). Bugger got the wave of the session. Two barrels on the one wave.
Oh well, nother day nother session...
Anyway, I'm off to evans head tomorrow for a funeral. Sad occasion but a chance to surf the old local stomping ground. Hope to have a few words to scribe tomoz

Damage
Owl status

Post by Damage » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 pm

ledge71 wrote:[Why is it when you get on a bank to yourself everyone else that walks onto the beach decides to paddle right out next to you! THe whole bloody beach had banks and people just want to sit on your lap.
You should ask them. Put them on the spot. :D

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 pm

ohhh mick....if only munch still posted here...u two hit it off :wink:

checked t-tree b4 dawn....flat as...6 mals out in pre dawn darkness

met 6 more walking out as i went back tho the national park

hmmmm....i should mention this

surfings just one escape from life.....i find walking in the park

another

early the lights quite dim....trees standout...and you listen too birds waken

i get a lot out the walk....if we have waves thats a bonus :idea:

i went check hippos...as u do :roll:

4 out...6 more going join....looking south tho the now most awesome sunrise

i could see bank after bank....all breaking shithouse :lol:

but hey.....i went for a walk and surf on my own in pretty much crap

we still don't have any banks up the nth end :cry: :cry:

got out and went work.....the surf was fun.....but the chripin of the birds in the national park...i think, more so, made the effort get out bed 8)

sat in my head all day :wink:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:31 am

got out and went work.....the surf was fun.....but the chripin of the birds in the national park...i think, more so, made the effort get out bed

sat in my head all day

There's a break not far from me, where you need to paddle across a river, then walk across a spit ( i guess you'd call it? ), which is full of trees. Im with you, its a great feeling, and can be half the fun of going there, especially early. Very quiet and still. The bonus of seeing the sunrise from the surf tops it off.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:43 am

Lawn looks good
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 am

Found a quiet bank at Wurts this morning.
Just me and a mate.

You guessed it.
ledge71 wrote:
Why is it when you get on a bank to yourself everyone else that walks onto the beach decides to paddle right out next to you! THe whole bloody beach had banks and people just want to sit on your lap. Sorry guys but IT PISSES ME OFF! Do you want me to hold your bloody hand! It's my PET HATE!
Two guys paddled out right onto our bank.
"Morning" Ledge. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Doesn't count when the two guys that were in the water were kooky long boarders!

Cya there again tomorrow if the conditions stay the same!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:47 pm

ledge71 wrote:Doesn't count when the two guys that were in the water were kooky long boarders!

Cya there again tomorrow if the conditions stay the same!
Hey, the swinge ris only half a longboard.... :? :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

murrum
Local

Post by murrum » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:11 pm

The lunchtime surf. Pop home for a quick feed and chat with the Mrs with the kids out for the day. Then a 40min session where I snavelled a couple of sets from the easter holiday crowd of 8.

Perfect autumn conditions. Nice clean 3ft southerly swell with 10knot westerly. The decent period making them run perfectly along the reef. The a few more on a peak at the beach befor eback to work with a smile.
the dreams that stuff was made of

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:45 pm

murrum wrote:The lunchtime surf. Pop home for a quick feed and chat with the Mrs with the kids out for the day. Then a 40min session where I snavelled a couple of sets from the easter holiday crowd of 8.

Perfect autumn conditions. Nice clean 3ft southerly swell with 10knot westerly. The decent period making them run perfectly along the reef. The a few more on a peak at the beach befor eback to work with a smile.
Oh Murrum, what can I say "the perfect crime!"

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:06 pm

smallhouse wrote:Had a fun beachy session near coolum . Met my first ever Realsurfer in the water... G'day Digger ! . I only picked him by his board, a MORE quadfather.

Hey smallhouse, was a fun session, saw you to guys over on that left but didnt want to paddle over and spoil your solitude, now I wish I did so would have got to chat to you a lot longer, oh well, it was a good day wasnt it. :D
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".