Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Waves all up and down the coast again today. My local looked pretty ordinary but I punted on it improving with the incoming tide.
It did. 8)
Paddled out at half light..................tick
Surfed alone for 30 minutes..............tick
Murky water..........................half tick (I could just see my feet :wink: )
#sixfeetissixfeet!

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:17 pm

TrevG wrote: Murky water..........................half tick (I could just see my feet :wink: )
Well you thought they were your feet... :|

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Superfun offshore shoulderhigh beachies mid sunny coast .
Surfed straight over a 1m shark .
The first one i've ever seen while in the water surfing .
Paddled straight back out for another wave .
Ps: MP , i had work yesterday, no surf ! :evil:

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:33 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
loving my new huie quad....still not sold on quads btw :idea:

it seems.....when i get a decent one and surf hard off my back foot

it's super super fast and can do anything 8)
My opinion on quad performance type boards is that they're only really good in 3ft+ waves. Shithouse in the small weak stuff unless they're in a board made for the small shit...like a fish etc.

I ride my quad over here in 3ft+ but usually ride a thruster biscuit that I made for anything smaller. I don't really need a fish here because there's usually enough power on the smaller days to avoid riding one...on saying that, another board in the New Guinea quiver couldn't hurt!

The quads are also very fast and it took me a while to learn to control the speed (in other words control my surfing) as I was often running too far down the line too quick. I love mine here because we often get very fast racey sections that require that additional speed.

Going for an early before work, fingers crossed!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:34 pm

I just heard there was a large shark spotted at Kawana today for anyone up that way..

No Pants Lance
Snowy McAllister

Post by No Pants Lance » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Faaark. Cummmon. Didn't anyone south of tweed get something to gloat about?
Sydneys copped a solid bit of swell past two days.

I only got to sneak a drve by view of Tama on way to extra work I've picked up past couple of days. From what I saw it wasn't for the faint hearted. Or no lineup for old men. Noticed a jet ski zooming about there late this arvo. Lifeguard patrol I suspect.

So, anyway, if you consider driving tourists around the harbour in a speedboat and excitedly taking them acrossthe heads in rolling nor'easter lines, pulling up at south head and ooing and ahing at the slabs unfurling on the ledge there surfing....that's all I could manage. I know .. Bit of a stretch.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:38 pm

skipper wrote:Faaark. Cummmon. Didn't anyone south of tweed get something to gloat about?

I only got to sneak a drve by view of Tama on way to extra work I've picked up past couple of days. From what I saw it wasn't for the faint hearted. Or no lineup for old men. Noticed a jet ski zooming about there late this arvo. Lifeguard patrol I suspect.

So, anyway, if you consider driving tourists around the harbour in a speedboat and excitedly taking them acrossthe heads in rolling nor'easter lines, pulling up at south head and ooing and ahing at the slabs unfurling on the ledge there surfing....that's all I could manage. I know .. Bit of a stretch.
Gotta be happy cruising around Sydney Harbour and getting paid for it, Skip. 8)
#sixfeetissixfeet!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:40 pm

I'll be south of Tweed tomoz.....I remeber when I couldnt surf everyday, I used to just drive by and have a look at the ocean, it was better than not seeing it....but if it was decent, then fark, the rest of the day was hard work..... :roll:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 am

yeah...if i can't surf ...i got at least check it

unless inland

surfed out front...clean , lined up...1 ft....but close out city :cry:

it's amazing ....why is my sand so fu.cked up...yet half a hour sth...pridmores haunts are lining up :?:

thats surfin :o :wink:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 am

ahhhhhhhh, peak day Wednesday in a decent swell! lovely!

take off, fast drop, drive hard off bottom - rip calf muscle [again] - stay on feet, nurse roundhouse cutty, see rip bowl forming, get into possie, standup straight , pitted, duck heaving lip on the way out, pull off the back.

best standup barrel of the year so far! woo hoo!

the peak was twice the size of the point yesterday, but both were fun.
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 pm

skipper wrote:Faaark. Cummmon. Didn't anyone south of tweed get something to gloat about?
tama was closeouts, watched for half an hour, only saw one ride and that was someone going straight to get in. even that didn't work out too well. bronte, nothing. wrong swell for the bombie. while nappydripper was off charging ours, i beat up a bus load of disabled kids at maroubra (in the spirit of when in rome) before selling their teacher a foily of third-rate weed sprayed with mortein. then went and sat on south head waving at you skipp to give me a tow-in in honour of the dunbar.

alakaboo
Duke Status

Post by alakaboo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Went for a roadtrip today. Was tossing up between the Bra and going further afield where the banks are better and the crowds are smaller.
Best decision ever.

Wow. Just wow. Words fail me.
Too stoked to do it justice.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say best beachbreak surf I've ever had on a standup.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 pm

I slept in today. Too small. Saving myself for Sunday. :wink:
My wife and I went over to Happy Valley, bought coffee and muffins from the kiosk and found a shady seat for an hour or so for morning tea. All very peaceful and civilised. That should put me in the good books for a week or so. 8)
#sixfeetissixfeet!

KMD
regular

Post by KMD » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:31 pm

fuschia me. Four hours of surfing, saw a shit load of pumping waves yet no matter where i would paddle, what i would do, how patient i got i fuschia was constantly out of position today. Was infuriating.

Anyone else on the northern beaches get a similar treatment or did i unknowingly run over a dog or something and im getting kicked in the ass by huey for it?

Only upside was at most there was only 2 or 3 guys around me for 50m+ and the majority of the time i was alone. Got about 4 good waves, 1 an hour and only made 3 barrels on a day that looked like, from shore and when i was out there that there was millions to be had.

Still, 4 hours in the sun and did catch ALOT, am totally surfed out and back home with a reduced price iced coffee and sushi.

jimmy
Harry the Hat

Post by jimmy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Shared a session with Baldy and Taj today.. When those two are out it gives you confidence that you're at the best spot available.. Was a bit of a buzz to be on the same bank as KS and it was funny he didn't need to drop in on anyone 'cause everytime he paddled for one everyone else stopped.. :D
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:11 pm

alakaboo wrote:
Went for a roadtrip today. Was tossing up between the Bra and going further afield where the banks are better and the crowds are smaller.
Best decision ever.

Wow. Just wow. Words fail me.
Too stoked to do it justice.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say best beachbreak surf I've ever had on a standup.
im guessing said breaks name has five letters in it :wink:

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:33 pm

TrevG wrote:I slept in today. Too small. Saving myself for Sunday. :wink:
My wife and I went over to Happy Valley, bought coffee and muffins from the kiosk and found a shady seat for an hour or so for morning tea. All very peaceful and civilised. That should put me in the good books for a week or so. 8)
Coffee and Muffins puts you in the good books for a week or two! WOW mate, just think of what you could get away with if you took her out to dinner!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:39 pm

ledge71 wrote:
TrevG wrote:I slept in today. Too small. Saving myself for Sunday. :wink:
Coffee and Muffins puts you in the good books for a week or two! WOW mate, just think of what you could get away with if you took her out to dinner!
For me to know........... :wink:
#sixfeetissixfeet!