Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

bumfluff
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by bumfluff » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 pm

TrevG wrote: Trouble is Fong just can't accept that we had better waves down this end than he did. :oops:
That's alright cause I've have my finger in both pies anyway.. Been at Noosa about 4 times in the last 2 weeks when it's been big and easterly :o

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 pm

bumfluff wrote:
That's alright cause I've have my finger in both pies anyway..
no ones interested in ya sex life bummy :P

i'm not judging.....but when i met u was amping on 1 ft nationals as i was coming in some wat jaded and unsurfed out from 3 ft t-tree :wink:

horses for courses :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
bumfluff wrote:
That's alright cause I've have my finger in both pies anyway..
no ones interested in ya sex life bummy :P

i'm not judging.....but when i met u was amping on 1 ft nationals as i was coming in some wat jaded and unsurfed out from 3 ft t-tree :wink:

horses for courses :idea:
The conditions that day were far from good mate. But the fella I was surfing with that day is far more easily pleased than I am. In fact it's a sure sign that he's a good surfer cause he can use shitty conditions and still get a good sesh. Like you say there's a difference between a good sesh and good conditions... :o

And one foot?...I dunno if it was one foot that day, but that's another debate...and anyway, thanks for letting us know it was 3ft just around the corner ya c*nt.. :lol:

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:17 pm

[quote="mustkillmulloway"]
and u....ledgeeeeeeeeeeeee....should know wat a decent wave looks like...liar :!:
quote]

I thought my report was spot on!

- I did get a few good ones!
- The concentration levels required to ride the waves over the exposed rocks out weighted the QUALITY of the surf.
- It was a perfect morning to be in the water!

And here your honour is where I rest my case.
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Speaking about pumping surf...

Here's my daughter who's just turned 3 on her 5th attempt of standing up on a board. Very proud dad!
Attachments
043.jpg

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:44 pm

ledge71 wrote:Speaking about pumping surf...

Here's my daughter who's just turned 3 on her 5th attempt of standing up on a board. Very proud dad!
now thats what I call a good surf session, top photo ledge
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Too cute dad. :)
She'll be doing dropped wallet lay back slashes in no time. 8)

I've had three days in a row in varying small conditions. Two onshore slop days either side of a clean day yesterday.

At the 'funny' place again today, and for a while there was only 2 of us surfing the whole beach. Pretty unusual for 'the funny place'. Until 3 of the ' Funny place Rescue' boys came out on their rescue boards for a bit of....fun, of course. We chatted about how nice the water temp was, and about the poor young Brazillian guy who broke his neck a couple of months ago, and was flown back home the other day, his life irreparably changed for the worse. And despite the sobering realization that tragedy can strike when you least expect it, and rubbish conditions, we had....fun. Blessed to be alive and able to do so.
Probably do the same tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be fun again.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 am

So skipper, I ve now had three days of small conditions, too.
Three days, three different spots.
All good fun. Today I went to a (relatively) little known beachie which Ledge put me on to a while back. Haven't got around to surfing it today. Nice little spot at the end of a short road between some beachside houses. Bloody tough walk back up the steps after a surf though. My old legs struggle sometimes. :oops: Just me and my 15 new best friends. :twisted:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:54 pm

was Thorny out ?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:56 pm

pridmore wrote:was Thorny out ?
Not where I was.

Ann St was chokkas at about 5.30 am. Currimundi Lakes - couldn't even get a park in the main car park with about 20 out already and a steady stream heading off up the beach on foot. So I split the difference. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Heading back to the island tomorrow. Looks like some good swell on its way up there...fingers crossed.

Cya all in three weeks.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:17 am

ledge71 wrote:Heading back to the island tomorrow. Looks like some good swell on its way up there...fingers crossed.

Cya all in three weeks.

cya ledge, maybe next time your back in town might get a surf in with you and the old man. :wink:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Have fun Ledge..

Looks like the swells picking up already :lol:

It was looking pretty flat next week but the swell forecast has bumped up a bit and there should be a few offshore days too. :shock:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:44 pm

They say if conditions are the same as yesterday and you got waves then, you should go back to the same spot today.
Which is what I did.
R St again but a bit earlier and I actually got 4 or 5 waves on my lonesone before all my new best friends (about 25 this time) arrived.
There were still enough to go round, both lefts and rights.
Paddled out alone, wondering if there was any nasty sea life lurking. Saw a large fin cutting through the water heading south about 200 m further out. Took a while to determine it was a dolphin. Calm and settled I then realised it had gone under and stayed under - not a dolphin trait :roll:
Maybe I just lost sight of it but I gambled on it not backtracking, besides there was a guy swimming not far from me. :wink:
Water was clear as a bell, sand bottom a favourable sandbar which seemed to curve around and back tp the shore giving longish rides.
The only problem is that on the northern side of this is a deep gutter which goes right in close to the beach and the waves here are eating away at the sand dunes which at this point are probably 3 stories high. Nasty situation affecting only about 300 - 400 m of shoreline. Hope the gutter fills in soon.
Beanpole

Skipper

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:27 pm

TrevG wrote:They say if conditions are the same as yesterday and you got waves then, you should go back to the same spot today.
Which is what I did.
R St again but a bit earlier and I actually got 4 or 5 waves on my lonesone before all my new best friends (about 25 this time) arrived.
There were still enough to go round, both lefts and rights.
Paddled out alone, wondering if there was any nasty sea life lurking. Saw a large fin cutting through the water heading south about 200 m further out. Took a while to determine it was a dolphin. Calm and settled I then realised it had gone under and stayed under - not a dolphin trait :roll:
Maybe I just lost sight of it but I gambled on it not backtracking, besides there was a guy swimming not far from me. :wink:
Water was clear as a bell, sand bottom a favourable sandbar which seemed to curve around and back tp the shore giving longish rides.
The only problem is that on the northern side of this is a deep gutter which goes right in close to the beach and the waves here are eating away at the sand dunes which at this point are probably 3 stories high. Nasty situation affecting only about 300 - 400 m of shoreline. Hope the gutter fills in soon.
As I found out at Noosa the other week, dolphins can stay under for a LONG time. I too had a similar experience where we saw some thrashing of somthing that was at least 2 metres long, about 50m out from the line up. Then a large fin popped up about 20 metres away, and then a few minutes later a dolphin popped up with a tuna in its mouth.

Still got the heart racing and all in the line up were on it. I've never been so happy to see a dolphin. I'm sure the cunce do it on purpose.... :D

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Had a classic totally crap surf at Bondi yesterday arvo. As only Bondi can do-rippy and rotten with a 2 foot wide sandbank out the back. The highlight was definitely seeing a guy go out with a new maroon fish with carefully waxed areas for each foot. Almost perfectly circular with a gap in between :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hope you don't try to put a foot forward to make the fish go properly mate because you'll slip off :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:16 am

had lots of great waves last few days..... :D
only small but an hour or 2 after this shot when the crowd left and it picked up, and tide ran out , it was super fun 3 ft ...timing is everything on the weekend at busy spots....
this was thursday and was really fun 2-4ft peaks, super fun, 3 or 4 out, great beachie.... 8)
today looks shite but not too worried, had plenty of late, whoever said this place has no waves, was tripping, bring on winter .... 8)

www.moresurfboards.com

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:56 am

looks heaps of fun! great little waves.

i wish it were that clean down here! the size is up, it came up friday afternoon, but it's mush.
SEers getting in everywhere. more size today, but more mush.
battled the bluebottles, purple people eaters & slop to have a surf yesterday.
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...