Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

lessormore
barnacle

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by lessormore » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Finally, some waves in Sydneytown. Must be because I ordered a new board last night. :roll: :D
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

JET01
barnacle

Post by JET01 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:40 am

Not sure what the surf was like in sydney yesterday, but it was pumping on the central coast.
Hands down the best days surfing i've ever had since i started stand up surfing in `06.
In the water at 0700. Offshore head to over head sets. Long right beach breaks... not empty, but nowhere near as busy as my home break.
0930, in for a powerade and a water. Checked a few other beaches while the the tide went out a little.
1030, found the northern end of a central coast beachy, with long right handers, shifting peek, head high sets and 1 GUY OUT!!!
1300... Kaza's kebab with the lot, and i'm talking everything, things you've never had on a kebab before. The usual with sour cream, mushrooms, and bacon. Washed down with a 2 XXXX Gold King Browns.
Got home to Cronulla at around 8:20pm... Absolutely dog tired, thinking how could this get any better... My girlfriend got home... It got better ;) :twisted:

Boards. First surf i rode my 6'4 More Quadfather. The waves were perfect so i decided to try it out as a thruster for the first time. C-drive Medium fins. Didn't put a foot wrong all session. Magic surf on a magic board. Big thanks to Mark Pridmore (again), and merry xmas to you and your family.

Second surf seeing as i'd had my fill during the first session I'd decided to give my new 5'9 a go, hesitant as i thought it was a little short for the bigger surf. Board handled the size with ease, and didn't slide out despite that big wide square tail. Ordered a tail pad from Surfstitch the other day and look forward to putting it on my new board. I'll be giving Stu Paterson a call today to let him know how get this board is.

Hope there were a few of you that managed to make the most out of the magic day yesterday as the outlook for sydney is pretty dismal for the rest of the week... Santa never brings me waves on Xmas that's for sure.
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:24 am

bronte was so crowded i left the board on the beach and went bodysurfing. caught a dozen long rides, lost my shorts twice.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm

sounds like fun was had, goo stuff mate...
I surfed very fattish 2 ft beachies but had great fun on the FFF ( semi-finless ), had to be the perfect board for the waves IMO.....plenty others getting nuthing or struggling alot, and I was smiling like an idiot...hahaha.... :D

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Surfed a south corner (semi point) in what started out absolutely clean, great waves, just under head high. Within an hour the tide come in with the new swell and picked up heaps and was hitting the bank better (seen a couple while doing the run around that were double overhead). Some of the waves were soo perfect it felt like you couldn't stuff em up, just multiple turns to the beach and a couple of racy sections. Priddy I had the swinger and was worried it would be too big for it (GYU fins as well!!), but just doing these big loofty bottom hand turns and it seemed to generate even more speed through those turns, while others on shortys were not quiet getting round the sections and then getting faded. When coming off the top it was just holding speed to get back into the pocket. Might have been best surf on it yet..back there tomorrow before work!!! Yay.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:10 pm

yeah, stoked you are enjoying it mate, they handle bigger waves than you think with the pulled in tails, swell has faded here but there must be a new one coming ??? or same swell as yesterday ???

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:03 pm

Finally after 3 months a show on the bar for two days, hope the swell generating low stays on the great circle line as it passes beyond NZed .

Whet your appetites, got it before the Victorians woke up,
Good morning.jpg
=1000 words
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

murrum
Local

Post by murrum » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:38 pm

^ A number of beaches between there and me were cooking. Reports of Kai Otton scoring along the stretch.
the dreams that stuff was made of

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Only about 10 at sparrows and yes Kai was doing it at one stage during the day here. :lol:
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:44 pm

pridmore wrote:swell has faded here but there must be a new one coming ??? or same swell as yesterday ???
Looking at the Batemans Bay wave buoy a new swell appears to be on it's way Mark. Probably not too far off the mark with my Thurs arvo/Fri morning call up your way Mark!!!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Great fun for 2 1/2 hours at my local.
Good crew, no crowd.
2' - 3' on the Iggy Scale. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Caught a couple of set waves at Bronte yesterday afternoon. Even with the crowd it was the best action about recently. Love that low tide bank.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:56 am

2 Xmas surfs at a local beachy/cove, great fun, 2-3 ft glassy peaks, bit fattish but still really good fun on the dim-SIM, was good size for my young fella too and was good to see him getting plenty of waves, step-dad was also there so good family surfing fun.....back for more soon..... 8)
had a dolphin go right under me , felt the swoosh on my foot, looked down and saw dark shadow, got a hell ova fright but then it came up about 6 ft in front of me, it came from inside the break and was heading back out, you never have a clue where they are...they were hanging around alot, occasionally coming up close and blowing out their blowholes and scaring the shite outte people....awesome creatures and its like they enjoy the closeness with surfers, I reckon you could almost pat them if you tried enough.... 8)

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:52 am

Great little trimmers yesterday morning at Bondi. Glassy, clean and uncrowded :D :D :D :D :D :D
As usual not going anywhere for xmas pays off. I know some people who went to Port Douglas for xmas.
Hope they took their rain coats.

I was thinking of having a quick trip out of town for a surf this week but looking at the weather and swell predictions
I think I'll wait a while before deciding.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:13 am

got a christmas wave at maroubra, much to my surprise. swell swung to the east, wind died, tide was okay.
only little, but good shape and had a peak to myself for 40 mins :shock:
testing out some new fins in the new board, got a few little runners and even a head dip.
tide knocked it about, so I was home early to kick off the day with the kids.
happy days!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Scored some super fun, clean, peaky, sucky 2ft/2ft+ uncrowded (apart from the dolphins) waves this morning. Was shattered after a 3hr session.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:23 am

Fking shit and onshore again. Noosa only option but its small and crowded. fk this im over it.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:49 am

I officially only surf in winter.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism