Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by pridmore » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:30 am

Hope you do get some waves mate...feel bad posting about my fun sessions when most dont seem to having much joy...we had a southerly change come thru yesterday and seems to be still from that direction outside this morning, dunno what it'll do to the swell but it will open up more spots around here instead of just the one or 2 ( one has crap banks and the other good so 90% of surfers are all on one bank )....
my grom team rider has been competing at Narrowneck in the Rip Curl Gromsearch and scored an 8.5 yesterday, think he got 16 or 17 out of possible 20 so I am stoked, he has been ripping and practicing alot and deserves some good results...one or 2 more good surfs and he gets to compete at Bells.... 8)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:27 am

I got waves!! :D

Only small but some nice lines on the log.

Congrats on your little sponno, some good scores there

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 am

bumfluff wrote:Surfed Fingal today, 2ft pretty clean. Went around the corner and was a bit smaller. Was out with a mate and a 4ft shark came out from the rocks and swam in between us about 3 metres away....yewww
I've been spear fishing around cook island ... The amount of sharks there is crazy. We saw a big tiger there one day, middle of the day, sun beaming and it was just swimming around looking at us, completely non threatening. But still, I poo'd my speedos.

I must have seen 3 or 4 big, really big sharks over the years surfing fingal point and the backbeach. One day a big one was herding up dolphins in the gutter in front of the bank we were surfing. I reckon that's the most scared I've been in the water ... no where to go, just had to wait it out. No idea what kind of shark it was but my mate reckons it was more than twice the length of his board and he rides a 6'5". :shock:
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Scored some super fun 2ft+ peaky waves this morning at a not so secret typical GC beachie. Quite long rides considering it's a beachie. Was certainly fun but what the feck is it with sheep. Me and my mates were on this bank and not a soul either side of us for as far as the eye could see. Every man and his sheep then proceeded to paddle out and sit in our back pocket. WTF!!!! Feck off down the beach I say. :evil:

Swell decayed anyway as the crowd arrived so we certainly got the pick of it from dawn (4:45am) for the first hour.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Had a 2 hour session. Not crowded. A bit full, but fun. 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:29 pm

And holy shit got another wave this arvo.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:29 pm

yuz can all feck off :evil: Oh well, put in the hard yards at work, time for surf will be later when the swell is all gone :lol: :lol:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:21 am

Pumping 3-5ft barrells, unreal session was had, 4 out and great fun lefts, got a few pits and one was worth remembering.....when I left was still good but tide was too low and ya had to pick em but when I paddled out, they were nearly all really good...nuthin like getting properly tubed to start the day.....
:D :D :D :D

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 am

pridmore wrote:Pumping 3-5ft barrells, unreal session was had, 4 out and great fun lefts, got a few pits and one was worth remembering.....when I left was still good but tide was too low and ya had to pick em but when I paddled out, they were nearly all really good...nuthin like getting properly tubed to start the day.....
:D :D :D :D
It sure was pumping. I got there too low on the tide and pulled into closeouts for 45 minutes up at greens beach. Only one out as far as I could see.

Back is hurting right now. :lol:
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Got a knee high wave at Terrigal Lagoon this morning on the log.

No-one else out, inconsistent, but the waves that did come were a'peelin.

Got to thinking about crowds and how I nailed it. Then 4 SUP's paddled out...

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Awesome morning. Cleaner and more consistent than yesterday.
Not "all time" but great fun. 8)
Be all gone by tomorrow and wind is Easterly now. :twisted:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Braithy wrote:
bumfluff wrote:Surfed Fingal today, 2ft pretty clean. Went around the corner and was a bit smaller. Was out with a mate and a 4ft shark came out from the rocks and swam in between us about 3 metres away....yewww
I've been spear fishing around cook island ... The amount of sharks there is crazy. We saw a big tiger there one day, middle of the day, sun beaming and it was just swimming around looking at us, completely non threatening. But still, I poo'd my speedos.

I must have seen 3 or 4 big, really big sharks over the years surfing fingal point and the backbeach. One day a big one was herding up dolphins in the gutter in front of the bank we were surfing. I reckon that's the most scared I've been in the water ... no where to go, just had to wait it out. No idea what kind of shark it was but my mate reckons it was more than twice the length of his board and he rides a 6'5". :shock:
Yep, this does'nt surprise me Braithsta.....it's easily the most sharky place I've ever surfed. Heck, even the name of the place just sounds sharky "FINGAL" :o

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:15 pm

TrevG wrote:Awesome morning. Cleaner and more consistent than yesterday.
Not "all time" but great fun. 8)
Be all gone by tomorrow and wind is Easterly now. :twisted:
Yep all gone, some nice sliders early

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Goldy was smokin this morning. Easily the best it's been for probably a month by the look of these pics!!!
2010_1215_1_4_1024.jpg
2010_1215_1_12_1024.jpg
2010_1215_1_14_1024.jpg

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Not much on the island. Very small 2ft but with the most perfect conditions. Winds stayed under 5 knotts all day.

Four more sleeps.
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Pics Ledge, pics mate...where are they?

I showed you what you missed out on back here today (and boy you did miss out mate)!!!

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:21 am

Uluwatu at 6:30am this morning. There were only 10 people out there at the time.

OK, to call it surfing would be a huge stretch of imagination ... I spent more time paddling to avoid waves than paddling to get onto waves. I'm surprised that my white boardies weren't stained when I got out at the cave.

A huge contrast to a week ago when I was getting all those lefts out at Racetrack (The Peak?). At one stage today it seemed that I could have been swept all the way to Padang Padang.

Just when you think you are getting better, reality slaps you down with a huge reality check.

Oh. And I wasn't wearing booties as well. How stupid can one get?
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Flinders.

Sh.itful.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love