Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by pridmore » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:55 pm

had some small and crowded waves today, but not too many others seemed too interested in getting waves, might have been 30 people out but only 6 or so catching waves....super clean and great fun on the semi-finless, all the volume gets me on early and catching anything almost like a mal ...sure I was pissing alot of touros off....hahaha...... :D

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Donweather wrote:Pics Ledge, pics!!!
No cam out today Don. We got it even better this arvo with nearly dead still conditions and a good 3 to 4 ft swell lining up through the grave yard. Hitting it early before work in the morning, I'll try and remember to get some snaps. It's also my half day but there's supposed to be some wind in the arvo, time will tell!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:26 am

pridmore wrote:gunna be here fo Xmas...my number is on my web-site if ya ever wanna catch up for a surf....or PM to discuss the south surf spot options... 8)
Sounds good champion. When I get back from up north, I'll PM or text you.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Looking good for the early tomorrow on Sunny Coast, due to swing south west at 4am...not a lot of swell around but could be some fun little ones.. :D

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:41 pm

bumfluff wrote:Looking good for the early tomorrow on Sunny Coast, due to swing south west at 4am...not a lot of swell around but could be some fun little ones.. :D

I went down for a surf today mate, no wind in afternoon, but only went body surfing as did not want to put my foot through to much, the water was beautiful but mate, there is noooooooooo swelll at all
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:48 pm

diggerdickson wrote:
bumfluff wrote:Looking good for the early tomorrow on Sunny Coast, due to swing south west at 4am...not a lot of swell around but could be some fun little ones.. :D

I went down for a surf today mate, no wind in afternoon, but only went body surfing as did not want to put my foot through to much, the water was beautiful but mate, there is noooooooooo swelll at all
Yea I know, it's tiny eh... still, will be good for the maiden voyage of the new stick. I went out on Saturday afternoon and it was clean as a whistle but ya not much swell around at all...

After the last 3 weeks though I'm just happy to see it clean.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:34 am

Saturday morning at Flinders

Was the only one stupid to go out in a hurricane and a 1.5 metre swell. Barely caught anything other than mush and copped the rail of my board in my face after getting dumped for my troubles
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 am

Luxury Hatchy.
Only waves in Sydney lately are coming from

Oprah :(

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 am

swell has picked up a bit, super clean, water is great, banks are fun, crowd is huge hahaha...I love summer....surfed the 5'3" dim-SIM and it was great in those conditions, sat out the back with mal riders and kept them honest....this design is a must for summer waves, if ya persist with a shorty in these waves, you'd be crazy......or getting frustrated and less waves than you could.......bikinis, breasts, and brown bodied babes all over the place, how great is summer..... :D

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:40 pm

On the way to look @ the surf stopped next to car with a a complete gormless idiot at the wheel and his his Betty Barolga girl sitting next to him singing at the the top of their voices “ something something rumpum pum pum pumrum pum pum pum”

1) What the hell is ‘rump pum pum pum”
2) Where they tyrying to upset me ?

Felt like sticking that stupid tree that was tied to the roof of their volvo fair square up their quackers.

PS if the surf doesnt pick up to a surfable level im going to make someones Christmas miserable !!! just so that I can be happy.

Only through pure selfishness will you truly be free

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 pm

^^^

Sounds like a Xmas carol ya grumpy cnut :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Hatchman wrote:^^^

Sounds like a Xmas carol ya grumpy cnut :D

Sarcasm hatchwell ... It was sarcasm.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:51 pm

still, it would be funny trying to see you stick that christmas tree fair up there clacker, lol, then get a happy snap and post it on realsurf.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Surfed Fingal today, 2ft pretty clean. Went around the corner and was a bit smaller. Was out with a mate and a 4ft shark came out from the rocks and swam in between us about 3 metres away....yewww

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:40 pm

bumfluff wrote:Surfed Fingal today, 2ft pretty clean. Went around the corner and was a bit smaller. Was out with a mate and a 4ft shark came out from the rocks and swam in between us about 3 metres away....yewww
WTH were you doing down there?
Did you get permission off Fong?
Fingal was always sharky.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 pm

TrevG wrote: WTH were you doing down there?
Did you get permission off Fong?
Fingal was always sharky.
:lol: Sorry Fong, next time I'l email him first...

What do you mean WAS sharky? There was more marine life in the water today than I've seen at Underwaterworld. There were fish everywhere, bird swooping, heaps of dolphins, stingrays, bluebottles, sharks, it was all happening. Sitting out the back of the spit, with that much fish hanging around, there would have been a few sharks for sure. Dolphins were rounding the schools of fish up and smashing them.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Hatchman wrote:Saturday morning at Flinders

Was the only one stupid to go out in a hurricane and a 1.5 metre swell. Barely caught anything other than mush and copped the rail of my board in my face after getting dumped for my troubles
Huey will soon reward you for your faithfulness my son!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:04 pm

I am going to get a wave tomorrow. Somewhere. Noosa looked ok this morning on the cam. Fk work I quit.