Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

marcus_h
charger

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by marcus_h » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:00 pm

Just heading down with the family for the weekend Mark.

Sorry mate how did Darryl Holman do where?

No new sleds, bit pricey over there aye.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:05 pm

Sorry mate, thought you must have went with him for the longboard comp in the States , actually think he went with Noosa team...dont worry bout that..... 8)

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Looks like you guys down Byron should get a few over the weekend...although enjoy them while they last!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 am

Ah right, nah just went with a mate to check the place out and drink stupid amounts of beer.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:15 am

The only swell today

*drumroll*

... is in my pants.

*grabs coat, exits*
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:57 pm

two tusk fish and a sand flatty

i love this flat swell

it's bonding time for me and my kayak 8)

p.s
ledge71 wrote:Looks like you guys down Byron should get a few over the weekend...although enjoy them while they last!
yeah and at least it won't be crowded :roll: ...three hundred fighting over two foot slop

state the art or mourning the earth it ain't :!:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:52 pm

South Bondi. Little ambivalent about going out at first. Not too match fit. 3-4 + unwieldy southerly, bit o grunt in it.
Still fricken chesty from that flu. Lot o paddling, coughed me guts up, and got a thorough rinsing. But managed to jag a few rollers. Flouro's conference and the onshore kept any prospect of a crowd right down. Short session, but pleased as punch to conquer doubts about conditions. Topped off with sauna, cold rinse, hot shower, coffee and muffin at crabbe hole. Good to be alive today. Tomorrow will be another day.
Home to conquer demon of the torrent kind. Thanks again Mic.

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Last week's stormy has pushed the sand around heaps, and piled a nice little whackable wedge up the end of the beach. Snuk out there and didn't see a soul around... 4 minutes later... 4 guys running up the beach. :evil: All good though... local groms and I know all their dads so they go easy on me. :lol:

It was only waist high but had a ball on the quad pod sans leash, hooting 35kg kids punting airs on next-to-nothing in between running inshore to grab my board.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:48 pm

what the bloody hell is surf anyway, went fishin and cau9ht nothin, cant even be bothered checkin this weekend as it will be shite anyway and will just depress me, come on, some time let some swell arrive up here. Im startin to 9et really pissed off now :evil:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:59 pm

^^^
Awww that is a bit sad big fella.
We've had a shitfull of flatness down here for a while. :roll:
Bit of a roll today tho. Had a rare session of therapy in it myself. Needless to say but it felt good.
Your turn will come I hope . Patience. :wink:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:51 pm

diggerdickson wrote:what the bloody hell is surf anyway, went fishin and cau9ht nothin, cant even be bothered checkin this weekend as it will be shite anyway and will just depress me, come on, some time let some swell arrive up here. Im startin to 9et really pissed off now :evil:
Late morning-lunchtime mate. Ledge has gon eback to work and the swell arrived. Not big but great fun after a two week flat spell.
There'll be waves early tomoz. too (somewhere :wink: ).
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:08 pm

diggerdickson wrote:what the bloody hell is surf anyway, went fishin and cau9ht nothin, cant even be bothered checkin this weekend as it will be shite anyway and will just depress me, come on, some time let some swell arrive up here. Im startin to 9et really pissed off now :evil:
i know exactly how u feel

first two springs up here i could have cut my wrists :!:

now....i'm good with no waves for a couple months
this coast( and hinterland) has heaps offer besides :idea:

want take the kids campin noosa show wénd :?:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:09 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:
i know exactly how u feel

first two springs up here i could have cut my wrists :!:

now....i'm good with no waves for a couple months
this coast( and hinterland) has heaps offer besides :idea:

want take the kids campin noosa show wénd :?:

p.s i credit tiger with explaining the sunny coast no waves in spring syndrome :mrgreen:

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Unfortunately the flat spell has only just started!

But as Fong said, there's plenty of other stuff to do. Most notably slaying fish.

That's the only way to keep sane up here. Surf your ring out the 1st 6mths of the year. Work hard/fish/go away on holidays, the 2nd half of the year.

otway1949
barnacle

Post by otway1949 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:19 pm

There must have been somewhere else better today down here.
My favourite left hand was fully present on the rising tide and a small but appreciative crew (4) were on it 13 degree water but underlying waves that looked unimpressive from the carpark had some deep seated power.
Then it went glassy still only 4 for 3 hours then home for breakfast and coffee :D
Jaffa, I'm opinionated, and I'm sometimes right. So?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:43 am

Smaller this morning but still fun.
But kayaking the passage tomorrow will be about as fun as it gets from here..
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Cuttlefish
barnacle

Post by Cuttlefish » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:21 am

Zipped off down to Nthrn NSW Sat evening and rolled up to 3-4' Broken head beachies Sun morning.
Mostly closing out then rolling through deep water for a slam on the shore break.
Hhmm. went out anyway.
Took a drive over to Lennox to see 70 ravenous surfers battling it out over fat, sectiony waves.
Watched that for a couple of hours.
Cruised back to Broken to see the high tide had swallowed the swell up. Went out again anyway.
Monday morning and a whole different ball game.
Still overhead on the sets and with some really fast rights that provided plenty of fun up near the creek mouth. Plenty of walls that were holding up with less swell size.
Not too crowded and all mellow.
Had a look at Lennox again but as I was driving slowly along the line of cars parked nose in I spotted the very last spot left in the carpark.
Just about to turn in and an eager driver whips past in front of me. Must have spotted it from the main road and he was on it.
Figured I'd already been dropped in on and this was only the car park so head back to Broken for a mellow beach break surf.
Lennox had looked very average with plenty of crew scrapping over average waves.
Very happy with the decision.
High tide eventually did its work and filled the bath tub up.
Dropped in to one of the shapers factory on the way home and helped send a board back up to the Sunny coast for one of their customers so that helped with petrol money. :)
Not a bad call heading down there this time.
Had to go as figured the NE'rs were about ready to set in for the start of spring.
Last chance to latch on to a nice South swell.
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only a rat can win the rat race.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:04 am

2-4ft beachies, lumpy and too straight but clean enough, had to pick the goodies and only got 7 or 8 waves in an hour but had fun , surfed the green QF project board for the first time in 9 months, went well for me in the waves..( first surf on a board with fins in a few weeks )..a few waves were long and sectiony and the quad drove down the line well but the quad drove hard thru some tight turns in the rippy bowly bits too, might try some more upright fins on the front to just liven it up a little....hoping for some more today but not sure what swell will be left this morning..... 8)