Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

pridmore
Owl status

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by pridmore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:19 pm

I miss the ba' hard to beat it when itlining up and throwing a nice sandy pit.....keen to hear how it was....what sled do you ride out there MH ???

climbo
Grommet

Post by climbo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Terrigal again today, 4-6 foot, crazy crowds but sone awesome waves coming through. :)

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Mark ended up at the bluff, wasnt too bad but the wind hit it again.

I usually ride the quad out there mark but have ridden the 5'5" a couple of times. Quad is good, lets me get into it early

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:15 pm

yeah, you would get in early but must be a bit of slip n slide when its hollow ??? I use my b-fly fins to fix that up, great 4 the ba......and that type of waves....

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Hahaha yea can be abit like a bar of soap when it gets hollow, cheers on the tip with the fins

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Post by dUg » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:30 pm

Here, on a borrowed 9'2" Sunnova. Needed every inch of it too... typical gutless summer conditions. Got some fun little peelers though, and it was an awsome day.
dribs.jpg

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Boy that wind is wierd up here.
Started the day roaring onshore ENE which it was all night. By midday or so was nicely offshore before quickly swing back to a NE'er.
Tomorrow will be interesting. :?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:40 pm

diggerdickson wrote:woken up by the wind and rain, no surf tommorow now, sleep in time
12.40am!!!
Digger you've gotta stop playing on the intermathingy at midnight. :lol: :oops: :?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Yea Trev...roll the dice!

I can't remember the last time it went off-shore during the day! I'll get up at 4 and see how it is! Fingers crossed!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:25 pm

the winds picking up...ene on my balcony at least right now :cry: getting stronger and gusty

bizare swell/weather event this week

moments of perfection made up of a majority of average rubbish

i don't even put shit of the forecasts....no one can pick it...u just got be on the spot @ the time :idea:

had a quick chooper taylor pre dawn fish....followed by a wait with 20 others for dawn to get off the rocks at nationals :lol: ( convinced one guy wait till sun hits the water fully/ later due tiger sharks 8) )

first wave 4;55 follow 5 seconds later by the first drop in :roll: :arrow: :lol: ( we all got soul :lol: )

oh well at least i'm taking off deep :wink: .....ended up in the course a hour getting one gem thu too little cove ( does anyone call it johnstons anymore :?: ) and several more good ones i got dropin on....i'm kinda thinkin the outside shoulder hopping longboarder always wins :cry:

but it was 3 ft semi full shit....not type waves i'll fight for :idea:

still riding my old single....it's taken a while but i've got the feel for her again...and it feels ALL RIGHT 8)

than i went back bed and slept the whole day :shock: ....fu.ck...now i know wat it feels like be retireed :P
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Little
regular

Post by Little » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:30 pm

I surfed South Palmy today with about 23,000 other people, 22, 960 of whom should not have been out there. I'll give them credit for paddling out in decent size but fu<k, a bit of decorum please! How come as soon as it gets over 4 foot everyone thinks it just becomes a free for all? The bomb set rolls in, the eyes roll back and it's abondon ship with loose bloody mals going in every direction. It's funny from the beach but not when you're out there.
I rode my Webber Minifish for the first time in some size. Paddles in early and goes like a rocket but it's probably not as precise as my simon. Gets a little skatey in the really sucky sections and the shorey. Heaps of fun, though and gets heaps of waves.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:57 am

Forgive me shearer for I am oblivious … forgive me as being a soulless ignorant I know not what I do … :oops:

it has been a few days since my last confession of having no soul … :arrow:

it was still dark and it was overcast, windy and drizzling rain … something made me get out of bed, though it was not a connection with a higher force of nature nor a deep inner appreciation for surfing … I just got up … :roll:

due to not possessing soul power I had no idea where to go and surf but because I am an ignorant soulless kook I decided to go straight to a nearby beach which just so happened to be the ideal location to find a balance between the strong ENE wind and E swell … now ‘soul man shearer’, when I reference it please don’t confuse the word ‘balance’ with any “soul man” meanings to do with mind, body, spirit and nature that I simply could not understand because I am simply not in your league of extra ordinary soul men … I just meant that by accident I just ended up somewhere that seemed to be OK in the prevailing conditions … :idea:

anyway … when I got there a good mate of mine was also there … he and I are not spiritually connected at a higher level of self awareness and consciousness and we did not understand that whilst standing there checking out the surf we could have been experiencing a deeply soulful and soul cleansing epiphany, because he also has a family and a job … at this point we did not suddenly have an inner awakening of our senses as if a power that only soul men could truly fathom , we only looked at each other briefly and said “well, we’re here and there’s a wave, lets get out there” … :D

as we walked onto the beach we noticed the “beach closed, polluted water” sign … I then noticed what was the cause … the lugga was open … now most real surfers at this point must be thinking that I would have immediately flown into a fit of old man rage and would have run off screaming and waving my arms about looking for shovel wielding boogers … but , on the way into the car park I noticed a figure perched vigilantly in the window of a near by beach property holding a pair of binoculars and as I drove by he gave a reassuring nod … yes, it was PJman … I of course knew who the real culprit was here … it was mother nature who caused the overflow with all the rain … it seems that the soul of surfing is also out to get me and I can only assume that shearer created a disturbance in the ‘soul force’ in an attempt to rid the world of soul of ingrates like me … but luckily for me the ENE winds had blown all the pollution down to the next beach to the south and the water was actually nice and clean … it wasn’t as if there was a higher soulful force watching over me to ensure my experience remained self gratifying … it was just great f’king luck for us … :!:

anyway we paddled out and proceeded to enjoy the peaking lefts and rights and we happily shared the waves … it wasn’t because of a mutual respect for each other’s inner soul and zen … it was because my mate is a goofy footer and was happy to take the lefts as I was happy to take the rights … despite the wind the faces were remarkably smooth and holding up nicely enabling nice decent length rides and workable walls … after about an hour another mate of ours paddled out and we were happy to see him but because none of us have any soul we were not quite sure why , so we all just shared the waves and enjoyed the fact we were having a surf together … :idea:

shortly after it was time to leave and get my soulless arse of to my soulless job which is the main reason I am oblivious to the true meaning of surfing and why I will never be worthy of entering the inner sanctum of the world of soul surfing … :|

after my surf I was obviously felling completely empty and was left searching for answers to the ultimate question of life the universe and everything but even I now know thanks the soul shearer’s advice that without soul I will simply never really find it … :cry: however I did feel pretty damn happy that I got another surf in this morning and enjoyed some OK waves with a couple of mates … :D

:mrgreen:

monkeyman
regular

Post by monkeyman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Manly was great the last two days - and more importantly people were friendly. I only surf 2 or 3 times a week and the usual contenders who I see every time I surf, and who hang out around the beach without smiling and are old enough to know better, still don't acknowledge anyone in the water bar their little group of grunters.

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Just back from a week at noosa. today was the best its been. only 10 -15 out at ti tree from 6 to 8 am. second session at nationals was a shtfight , nearly got axed by a minimal dropin . giving it a break now for a few days.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:27 pm

smallhouse wrote:nearly got axed by a minimal dropin.
it always makes me laugh when I see people write mini-mal this way ... I know what you mean but I think that there is a subliminal message going on ... :idea:

minimal skill ... minimal brains ... minimal performance ... minimal fun ... minimal idea ... :lol:

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:35 pm

no time for surfing today, kingys on the bite :lol:

stuffed from past few days anyhow.
signatures, finally got it covered.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 pm

what?