Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

bintang

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by bintang » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 pm

P-Pass 4-6ft :twisted:

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm

First look at the points this arv, since the epic banks that were there last year.

T Tree has bugger all sand, most of the sand across Eno's into the Pot is gone. Although there were some linking thru. All the sand is gone.......but it has ended up somewhere :shock: .

Think I'm gunna get the longest rides of my life in the ensuing days. The ones that don't chew me up and spit me out that is :P .

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:58 am

ha... have fun up there..sell is bumpy and chunky down here but hoping for it to sort itself out a bit more today, a few spots I have missed lately too... 8)

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Yea, heading to Noosa at 4am in the morning before work.

Should only be about 100 in the water by the time I get there...oh well, who cares, Noosa rocks!

Signed;

Number 101
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Hey Mick.
wanna pick me up?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 pm

me 3 ??? :roll:

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Im leaving my surf till thursday, hopefully people will have surfed enough and the crowd thins out, like I can hear people say "TELL HIM HES DREAMING" Maybe my local point on thursday or down south further, I just hate crowds :|
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Thursday's looking the goods mate.
But tomorrow will be good too if the wind backs off.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:11 am

very average today.....did i see u out there ledge :?:

yesterday wasn't that flash either

monday was sick hollowness 8)

i think tommorrow been well and trully over hypes

but i'm hoping too :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:very average today.....did i see u out there ledge :?:

yesterday wasn't that flash either

monday was sick hollowness 8)

i think tommorrow been well and trully over hypes

but i'm hoping too :lol:
no, dont say its so :(

ledge71
Local

Post by ledge71 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Yea I was out there. It was pretty crappy, actually the worst I've surfed it for a long time. I was to early I think, tied was way to low and the banks were F&^%ed. I was on my home by 7:30. Might have got better during the day but I doubt it...wind stayed straight EAST all day. It's suppose to go SE by the morning but is still straight East as I write this....alarms set for 4am, if it's light from the SE in the morning I'll go check Moffs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Don't tease me Huey!
Everyone has to pay their reef taxes!

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am

surfed at coolum, just like pipe, only really really shitty and small, plus breaking over shite sandbanks. :evil: Going down agian in 1 hour hoping, just hoping for some waves, why not, may as well get wet agian

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:09 pm

I caught a full blown case of surf panic this morning.
Twas pumping with a light offshore and after an early morning chore I wrangled a surf window.....you cunce think I got all day every day to surf; I'm not like Carroll....I have to work weekends and odd hours.
But I do have windows and this one was closing rapidly....a few hours....before old mate was coming round to finish off a project we;ve been working on for months....no excuses possible.
Put the toast on, and suffered quiver paralysis...3-5ft plenty of water moving round and I'm thinkin a solid beachie that will be unattended...need a paddler. QF would be perfect but since my bruvva borrowed it I can't quite seem to track it down....
In the downstairs looking at surfboards, 6'9"s and 7'0" were too big. A finely foiled Mitchell Rae flextail called out to be ridden....a demanding hard mistress of a surfboard that is first packed for Indo but that seems to wierd out in Aussie surf, unless it's perfect hollow lefts.
Burning smell, fcuk; the toast. Mouldy boardies. Gotta get some diamond dobbies, the rash is outta hand.
Oil light cam on in the van, beeping , it's an electrical fault. Gauges don't work.
The Point was crowded to the max.
The beachie was maxing .....big lefts erupting into a rip. A toothless man in a van was checkin it.
"seen any?" I said.
"nah"........
Drove south thinkng spot X down the coast might be cooking....no time, no time.
Against the wall were big chunky cement mixers: a screaming mass of terns dive bombing some serious splashing and chopping in the line-up. Discoloured river water sitting in a big muddy wedge off the wall..
Place where that poor kid got chomped......I looked around for a car with surfboards, someone to share the risk. No-one.
Couple of mullet fishos checking the action.
Give it Shearer, the jig is up.....

Checked one more spot on the way back...a semi surf spot in front of the cliff line that is often towed now on big swells. I rockfish it alot and had seen the sandbuild-up. The SE angle of the predominant swell was border-line. Rising E swell sets were bombing it.
Deep water to shallow with an easy entry and fckued up exit.....but I know the rocks there....the underwater bombies protruding in the impact zone and the little key-hole exit.
Soon as I got out I thought....Nup...this isn't on at all. It was too square, too random. I paddled into one and got pitched from crest to trough. Felt the leggy hook up on a bombie and went straight down and peeled it off. There was a solid East set behind it and it washed me into the rocks.....I could see an old couple walking along the cliff looking at me.....like Carroll with his mates, I felt happy and relaxed. Just swim round this little washing machine of an island up this little channel, turn hard right and ride the surge up into the keyhole. Clambered up like a derelict penguin.
The board somehow got washed straight up over the rocks and was deposited into a little tidal pool without a scratch.

Then one more sneaky go-out at an inside section that features wedgy peaks when two swell directions intersect. Twas golden. Owen Wright paddled out and the rain came down hard. He went whack, boof, shralp, slice, kerrange, but didn't do many airs.
Injury hangover?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:48 pm

4.30 am.....just getting light.................check
swell..............................................check
long lines.........................................check
long period swell mixed with shorter stuff...check
almost dead low tide............................check
Devil wind (all night easterly...................check..... :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Went out anyway........got a few waves.....check
Wind dropped off - went glassy................check.... 8)
Was I in tune with the surf?....................Nope......... :twisted: :oops:

Oh! And SHARK!.................................check. :shock:

Maybe tomorrow. :cry:
Beanpole

Skipper

mical
barnacle

Post by mical » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 pm

About to ditch my 'responsibilities' (see: work), put on my 'soul' cape and chase down a bank that's coping with this 2m swell and off/cross shore wind.

Here's hoping :idea:

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:25 pm

sorry folks ... no 4 page essay from me ...

despite having no soul my insatiable lust for surf dragged me out of bed at dawn ...

it was p!ssing down and I thought that only soul surfers would normally brave these conditions but I headed to the beach anyway ...

again, not having any soul I should have had no idea where to go to get the best out of the conditions , but with an amazing stroke of luck I ended up at a place that was breaking nicely ...

although I have no connection with mother earth, :arrow: in another amazing coincidence it stopped p!ssing down and it glassed off as I paddled out ...

although I am not at all in tune with the essence of surfing and the true entity of soul I somehow found a way to have a really fun time amongst the nice 4 foot rights ...

although I am bitter and intolerant of others in the surf I also found a way to share the waves and even found time to enjoy some light banter between sets with some of the other soulless ignorant’s who surf before work ...

I later thought about having a couple of bongs but then realised that I was only kidding myself thinking that I was anywhere near worthy :arrow: so I re-assessed my worth to this planet, mother nature and the essence of soul , and had a large flat white instead ...

despite my obvious lack of understanding of the experience I had this morning and how it may have enlightened me , I still felt like mentioning it anyway ... :idea:

BDL77
regular

Post by BDL77 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:31 pm

TrevG wrote:4.30 am.....just getting light.................check
swell..............................................check
long lines.........................................check
long period swell mixed with shorter stuff...check
almost dead low tide............................check
Devil wind (all night easterly...................check..... :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Went out anyway........got a few waves.....check
Wind dropped off - went glassy................check.... 8)
Was I in tune with the surf?....................Nope......... :twisted: :oops:

Oh! And SHARK!.................................check. :shock:

Maybe tomorrow. :cry:
Nice Check list.

Mine was:
5:10am wake up ...................... check
Head cold................................check
Blocked nose............................check
Sore throat.............................check
Nasty Wet chesty cough................check
Stand up head swimming...............check
Back to bed..............................check

Man oh man I hate flu - My son is in day-care twice a week and the place is like a breeding ground for colds and viruses. :( :cry: :evil:

Will have to wait for the next swell. :evil:
“I am getting wealthy in ways that don’t count at the bank”
- Gerry Lopez

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:35 pm

^^^^

best you avoid it anyway considering the "visitor" who showed up the other evening ... :shock: