Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

munch
Harry the Hat

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by munch » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:36 pm

munch wrote: it's raining, has been since sat and it looks like one of those setting for a bit ones - the bom says it's not but me bones tell me otherwise
I could of been wrong ...
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

JET01
charger

Post by JET01 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:59 pm

I surfed at Elouera today just as the onshore kicked in, it was just me and about 100,000,000,000 purple jelly fish....
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:53 pm

had a awesome surf today at tea tree, carpark was closed so hardly any crowds, truly scored
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:04 pm

diggerdickson wrote:had a awesome surf today at tea tree, carpark was closed so hardly any crowds, truly scored
Very nice... posts like this make me homesick :roll:

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:16 pm

diggerdickson wrote:had a awesome surf today at tea tree, carpark was closed so hardly any crowds, truly scored
Pretty good result given that I remember your comments about NEVER going back there after your first visit.
It does tend to grow on you doesn't it.
Incidentally, I'm interested in what the wave was like with the onshore wind.It was pretty strong down here.
#sixfeetissixfeet!

entropy

Post by entropy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:26 pm

isle of juc, made me feel like skolling a kronenbourg it was so french.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:02 pm

TrevG wrote:
Pretty good result given that I remember your comments about NEVER going back there after your first visit.
It does tend to grow on you doesn't it.
Incidentally, I'm interested in what the wave was like with the onshore wind.It was pretty strong down here.
Not that great trev, little bit lumpy, not much wind though and once on the wave it smoothed out straight away, had a few that you could have called glassy a bit futher down the point :D . Got a few that run all the way to the middle of the beach from the point. It was awesome to really test out the new board and find out what it really performed like. It had enough size to push you along with a bit of grunt if you picked the right one. But the fact that the crowd was small, at one stage only 4 in the water, never a hassle really to get a wave. Gotta love fong with him knowing the car park would be closed, made for a great session and a lota fun.

Yes the place does grow on you, but nationals was crazy with crowds and so was the pot, but i imagine the locals would have thought that there was hardly anyone there, couldnt work out why tea tree so quiet with the crowds. I will definately go back but will carefully pick my times and not when its going off cause the scene is just not worth it. Everyone shouldnt bother going those times, to much hassle :wink: :lol:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand

Post by steve shearer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Little North Coast point.

Twas only 2-3ft , C grade with a light onshore.
No-one out.
Would've been funner with a few others to be honest.

Fair dinkum, I always feel dubious about calling south swells from rapidly transiting SW fetches across the Lower Tasman .....but in Wednesdays forecast a south swell, filling in Friday morn was duly called.

No-one around.
No-one in the carpark.
Perfect sunny day with boardshort warm water.

God anyone who reckons internet forecasting had bought crowds needs their head read.
This was the kind of quick up and down pulse that previously wouldv'e only been picked by the very astutest weather watchers.
Yet with 2 full days warning not one other person on the favourable tidal stage of a pointbreak.

I rode Pridmore's 5'7" proto fatbat.
Felt like I was standing on a drunk squirrel riding a cake of soap round the bath tub.....IE totally out of control.

So much talk about changing fin setups.
Try riding a 9foot mal for a few sessions then jumping down a couple of feet.

That'll increase you pivotablility.

Eventually stopped trying to turn and nailed a few turns.
Jeez, it felt loose.

6waves ridden.
Back home.
total session time 35mins.
Went back at lunchtime for a quick check...still no-one out.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

foot-e

Post by foot-e » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:04 pm

^^^ i was keen as friday's sometimes provides a window of opportunity so I was watching the forecasts but not to be today. work. still here. :(

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Well Steve, based on another website's forecast, it looks as though your secret spot will be covered in bodies tomorrow, given a forecast of 4-6ft swell in their detailed forecast synopsis!!

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:40 am

Pleasant surprise this morning.
Clean offshores, smooth surface and nice little 2 footers.
A bit full but the first waves I've had in 3 weeks.
Beeeoootiful! :lol:

And if I read it right, Iggy might be getting a few up Sunshine way. 8)
#sixfeetissixfeet!

Grooter
Snowy McAllister

Post by Grooter » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:40 am

Gunnamatta

Swell was around 2 foot with the odd three footer. Found a nice bank that was holding up some nice right handers, not too many out so I could be a total wave slut :)

About an hour into it a big fog cloud starting rolling in from Bass Strait, it was pretty cool watching it first hit Cape Schank then bend up and over the cliffs before it rolled into the lineup. It was really thick too, could barely see for more than 50 metres and it got really still and glassy as we were engulfed by this big grey blanket. Really, really surreal being out there.

Made it pretty hard to pick the waves amongst the gloom although they were pretty forgiving so doing the odd late take-off wasn't too hard.

Awesome way to start my week long holidays
smnmntll wrote:my "inner city apartment" is about 3 minutes' walk from the beach
Meanwhile planes drop from the sky, people disappear and bullets fly. Little grey men are coming our way, "Tastes just like chicken", they say :o

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:01 pm

I got some absolutely smokin 4ft bombs SOB yesterday. Was super surprised to see that much size in the water that's for sure. It appeared to be more of the E/SE groundswell with the S'ly groundswell making an appearance as well. Couldn't believe how well the beachie banks were handling the long period groundswells, but perhaps the two coincident swells helped with some lovely peak creation.

Had a 3hr session and got absolutely roasted in the sun....summer is here!!! Clean and glassy conditions for most of the morning and one of my mates got the wave of the day just before coping a 20 wave set (no bullshit) on the head and gettign caught inside massively.

Just one of those top mornings that you wish for more of!!!

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Was that at georges spot don?
Was thinking of heading down for an early but had some work come in last minute so bailed it.
Shouldve bailed the job instead by the sounds of it

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:48 pm

Nah Gibber, you know me, I hate crowds. I was a little further south, just past a booga reef.

gibber
Local

Post by gibber » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:29 am

I was actually thinking of a basalt outcrop

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:40 am

Stop talking in circles you two. :lol:

Nothing today. :twisted:
Not breaking at my (local) point.
Actually more swell at Happy Valley but the bank is a straight line from KBG south to the deepwater entrance to the Passage.
So - closeout city.
Back to bed. 8)
#sixfeetissixfeet!

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:38 am

The usual spot yesterday. Actually swerved it in the morning due to a really low tide exposing the reef and a hoeling offshore, surfed the late but it was still a lazy 2 foot, offshore but at least there was water covering the reef.