Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

OddaP
barnacle

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by OddaP » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:08 pm

The usual reefbreak. 3 foot and peeling nicely off down the line and lining up on the inside. Cold, cold, no feeling in toes and warmer in than out, a few crew 1st thing and everyone taking it in turns. Only a short 1 and half hours but lots of fun.

Got a great wave that barrelled through the inside over the bricks-why we surf :D

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Donweather wrote:How much explosives do ya reckon it would take to blow up (and sink) the north island of NZ? It truly is located in a cnut of a place around this time of year for us SE Qlders!!!
Saw on TV last night that NZ moves towards Australia at a rate of 3cm's per year.

The quake they felt last week jumped it by 30cm's!

So based on that things will probably improve, in a few million years :lol:
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:52 pm

my surf this morning was f'king great ... an hour and 15 minutes of 5 ft solid, fast, grinding rights with off shore winds to myself ... it was icy cold and heaps of waves but everytime someone or group of someones stood on the top of the cliff for a look nothing came through and they must've ran off again to get out of the cold ...

best surf in weeks for me ...

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:my surf this morning was f'king great ... an hour and 15 minutes of 5 ft solid, fast, grinding rights with off shore winds to myself ... it was icy cold and heaps of waves but everytime someone or group of someones stood on the top of the cliff for a look nothing came through and they must've ran off again to get out of the cold ...

best surf in weeks for me ...
What part of the country ya in Slurpin?
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:00 pm

salty wrote:
Hatchman wrote:
Donweather wrote:How much explosives do ya reckon it would take to blow up (and sink) the north island of NZ? It truly is located in a cnut of a place around this time of year for us SE Qlders!!!
Saw on TV last night that NZ moves towards Australia at a rate of 3cm's per year.

The quake they felt last week jumped it by 30cm's!

So based on that things will probably improve, in a few million years :lol:
3cm a year is pretty bloody quick in the grand scheme of things.

I wouldve thought the closer it gets the worse off we'll be... it'll be like one big, fcuk-off barrier reef blocking everything.
Sucks to be you buddy, nowhere near my swell window :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Coops@DY wrote:What part of the country ya in Slurpin?
at 6am , about 10 minutes drive nth from your front door then a short walk ... :idea:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:15 pm

^^^

Too true, if it was gone then those of us on this side of the Bay would finally concede that it really can be called the "Surf Coast" :wink:

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:36 pm

^^^ your not considering the loss to the gene pool are you
^^^*2 next you'll wanna get rid of KI and the couple of genes from there as well :lol:
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:
Coops@DY wrote:What part of the country ya in Slurpin?
at 6am , about 10 minutes drive nth from your front door then a short walk ... :idea:
Hmm, i think i know what you mean. North or south corner?
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Coops@DY wrote:Hmm, i think i know what you mean. North or south corner?
there's is no corner ... but I think it's near where I think you think it is ... :?

besides I may be getting on, but I'm not ready to surf the south corner in southerly swell yet ... I don't even own a minimal ... :wink:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 am

Bloke I work with Jason has just gotten into surfing, I told him to meet me at Gunnamatta at 9.30am yesterday. On the way down another mate of mine Brent reckoned it was closing out 4 - 5 foot and he was bailing and going to Flinders. He wasn't wrong, there were a couple of good banks but it was still a bit too heavy for my work mate (he's got an NSP mini-mal which is pretty much a no-go out there in those conditions because he'll get smashed)

So I decided fcuk it we'll go to Flinders.

On arrival at BL we were greeted with some actually pretty decent 3 foot waves, nothing special but ideal for Jason so we all paddled out.

Brent and I caught some good ones and didn't have to battle too much (except when the goaters arrived) but the highlight was seeing Jason, on only his third surf, catch a decent sized one that took on a nice 250metre ride in from the outer reef. He emerged frothing like a kid in a candy store, eyes bulging like golf-balls as it had reformed twice as well. Pretty cool stuff.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:27 pm

now you've got him hooked, he'll be forever chasing that 'feeling' like the rest of us....you mean bugger... :roll: just like when my son surfs, it is such a buzz to watch him experience the feeling and most of it for the first time...cant beat it....

I surfed a few times recently in Thailand, Phuket actully, it was Kata beach, pretty average but thought I might throw up a pic or 2.....water was the warmest I have ever surfed in, nearly 30 degrees I reckon...waves were better than the pics show but still not great....definitely still worth goin out especially when in another country...Fun was had.... :D

8) not the best waves but epic holiday spot, goin back for sure.... :)

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Bondi-.05 of a foot and cranking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

GregL
Grommet

Post by GregL » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:01 pm

tugun, possibly 2ft, on a mal. a bit of fun with heaps of fish around. probably worth wetting a line if you're into that.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:53 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Didn't surf the weak 2foot south swell on offer, actually I did stand-up paddle along the Lennox reef with a nice kneelo...
I drove cnuts to and fro from Splendour in the Grass all weekend.
First and foremost what needs to be said is that we are breeding the most sickly, subterranean species of herd animal in Australia today.
I speak of our urban youth....why choose Ric Ocasek as the fashion icon du jour ?
Either obese or mal-nourished and pencil-necked I couldn't help coming to the same conclusions as old Freddy Nietchzche; that peace makes sickly and herd-like.....that it is conflict and danger that teaches us our shield and our spear.....that gives rise to the strong and spirited.

Driving back into town I espied Bylesy's board emporium, with none other than Shane Herring esq. sitting with sickboy enjoying an amber ale or 20. I immediately stopped the bus and evacuated the occupants....this was far more important.
Jeremy Byles employs a very raw form of capitalism in his day to day affairs...one which is perhaps more at home in the thirld world where the affairs of men are less constrained by the cocoon of regulation. His is pure demand driven economics: if the demand exists Bylesy will find a way to fill it.

In this case, selling second hand boards in front of the old Sky surfboard shop on Shirley St and providing the constant flow of walk past traffic with bootleg liquor, thus ensuring a steady cash flow for him and Herro to plow back into keeping the program liquid.
Jed is not averse to putting a strong-arm tactic on some pencil necked emo goose or IT geek from Melbourne if it keeps sales bouyant and I respect him for that......it recycles cash through the economy and enhances the multiplier effect.
An encounter with Jed is always a physical one, involving lots of bearhugs and wrestles. He's strong as an ox and built like a fcuking bear; the key is to get in early and get a strong grip on the base of the neck near the hypothalamus, which has the effect of calming the beast.
You've got to stay on your feet though, or you end up in a wrestle with a 95 kilo ball of drunken energy.

It was good to see Shane and Jed. Jed found out we had a child imminent and immediately insisted on being the child's Godfather.
What can you do when a man of Jeds calibre, with a criminal record as long as your arm and a vision of reality which is just ever so slightly outside of societal norms volunteers himself to be your childs spiritual guardian ? I told him I would be honoured to have him as a Godfather.
Herro looked OK......bit downbeat but better than last time I saw him. Every time I see him alive is a noteworthy occasion. I heard he was going to India to replace all his rotten teeth but he kept his mouth closed so I guess he hadn't.
I went back and picked up another busload of youth from Blacktown....Herro and Bylesy were rocking....it was sick.
bylesy2.jpg
bylesy2.jpg (40.46 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:23 pm

GregL wrote:tugun, possibly 2ft, on a mal. a bit of fun with heaps of fish around. probably worth wetting a line if you're into that.
Geez Greg,
Tugun must have changed since I grew up there. You wouldn't have taken your mal within 3 miles of the place back then. Just shoreys suitable for surf mats.
It had to be the Alley or KP although there was an occasional wave along the beachfront at Bilinga where the channels developed between the sandbars.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.