Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Haz
barnacle

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Haz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:19 pm

Hatchman wrote:^^^^

Early mate around 8.30am, I got there around 7.15 myself, chopper arrived around 9.30 I think..

Gunna was looking real good when I was leaving too, think I'll be heading a fair way down to those banks again next time.
Fair enough, haha was not in a good state to get up that early this morning!

You goin tomorrow? looks like it'll be good again

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:38 am

^^^

I never used to be either but having a kid sure changed that!

Surf will have to wait till the weekend, unless I pull a sickie but I've run out of them already :D
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 am

pridmore wrote:gee, sounds heavy, hope the kid is ok...let us know if you find out how he goes Hatch ..... Think we all have had a few close calls in the water, I know I have gone close to doin serious damage to my back once or twice....
I reckon he will be, despite the busted nose he could move all his fingers and toes.

Reckon he may put a disc out and definitely a decent bit of whiplash as well.

Kid is lucky to be alive though, if he had of gotten knocked out he could well have drowned as he and his mate were not surfing near any of the groups and his mate was a pretty scrawny kid as well.

Aah well we've all been there I guess
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:56 pm

where did u surf trev, river mouth and just south of groyne were going nicely late monrning too

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm

lambert wrote:Image

where did u surf trev, river mouth and just south of groyne were going nicely late monrning too
What's the rivermouth?
Do you mean the entrance to the Passage?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:21 pm

iggy wrote:took one of RichQ's (PureSurfboards) boards out...
pintail shorty...
a proper narrowed in pintail but scaled down at about 6'4 x 18 5/8 x 2 3/8 i think...
deck's quite rolled and the rails are low/pinched...
moderate rocker, slight single concave running down the board then finishes in a vee at the back fin................
RichQ makes a nice board doesn't he. Spent an afternoon in his workshop with Ric a month or so ago. Sounds about right for me Iggs!

Been thinking, been thinking ............................
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:27 pm

TrevG wrote:

What's the rivermouth?
I think he's talking about somewhere up Fong and Tiger's way...?!?!
Or could it be marcus_h's neck of the woods??

I'll be on the coast in about a week, hopefully there's some waves about 8)

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:11 pm

yeah pumicstone entrace, grinding right through the middle of it.. here's one from just south of gryone- shot from that wooden platformy thing.. definitely some sick waves along the whole strip, i heard wurtulla was good but heaps of water moving inside as it does. anyone else surf on the sc?

smallhouse
Grommet

Post by smallhouse » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:55 pm

inside titree @ noosa, overhead, glassy uncrowded and the odd hollow section the inside through to enos. did a 5hr session. :D

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:32 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:
TrevG wrote:

What's the rivermouth?
I think he's talking about somewhere up Fong and Tiger's way...?!?!
Or could it be marcus_h's neck of the woods??

I'll be on the coast in about a week, hopefully there's some waves about 8)
Nah. He meant the Pumicestone Passage / Happy Valley area south of Kings.
How long are you back for RBP. Be good to catch up.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:19 pm

smallhouse wrote:inside titree @ noosa, overhead, glassy uncrowded and the odd hollow section the inside through to enos. did a 5hr session. :D
I just discovered that I'll be up that way round the end of november (once it get's nice and flat).

Looking forward to the possibility of seeing fong in Koala Bar
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

Innerview
regular

Post by Innerview » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Report for Central Coast this morning said 2 - 3 feet. When I arrived at A.P. head high to double over with offshore roostertails . Anyway a few monster sets rolled through with me on them. Had about 2 hrs of 10 second NE then a major swell change and the pump went with it.
Attachments
9D0C0943RS.jpg

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:18 pm

lambert wrote:yeah pumicstone entrace, grinding right through the middle of it.. here's one from just south of gryone- shot from that wooden platformy thing.. definitely some sick waves along the whole strip, i heard wurtulla was good but heaps of water moving inside as it does. anyone else surf on the sc?

Nice one Lamby. The bank at the bar has been pretty long and straight last couple of times I've checked it. Hasn't looked like this in a while:

Image.

I surfed Sunshine and it was sick.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:24 pm

Innerview wrote:Report for Central Coast this morning said 2 - 3 feet.
I've been meaning to say something about his reports.

I don't know who does the reports, but 2-3 feet seems to cover any conditions from 2 feet slop to 8 foot boomers.

Keep track of his reports, I swear it's true.

2-3 feet today? What beach FFS
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Ringmaster wrote:Surf prior to that was 4 - 6 foot Cloudbreak (Fiji) on Saturday. If you're ever in that part of the world, try and get out there cause it's FARKIN 5 STAR :!:
I thought you could only surf cloudbreak on Sundays unless you fork out serious $$ and stay at Tavarua?
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:28 pm

shit tiget that looks sick!! wurtulla was similar apparently, but a bit of a hoax cuz there was way too much water moving inside

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:34 pm

here's two from the river mouth, that stick photo is about 10% of the normal image cuz it was pretty much smack bang in the middle of the mouth and its got a sick peak in the background..

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Marquee beachbreak between Coffs and Coolie.
Despite the fact this break is the main coast road and thus completly explicitly on show in daylight hours I'm always shocked to rock up when it's over 4ft and find it empty.
Heavy 4-6 ft lefts bowling and throwing hard sand shifting barrels into the mouth of a rip .....bit of work getting out and keeping position but barrels you'd pay good money for on a surftrip on offer.

I saw Worm and Party-Pie in the carpark and convinced Worm and his Kiwi mate to come out......oh, this is where Roger got attacked by a bull shark.....the water was greeny-brown with a big patch of nodding mullet in the inshore gutter.

I got sucked out the rip over the shallow bar without a duckdive.....Worm and his mate got a right fcuking pillocking.....the take-off was like a reverse Big Groyne; the only way to catch a wave was to keep paddling back diagonally into the mouth of the rip and try and get in under the dredging lip.......I did this for a half hour without success then snagged a big set that capped just enough for me to get in a little earlier......by the time I got to the bottom I was standing in a big filthy shack...the kind you'd get in a paddle battle with a coked up Brazzo half-way round the world for.
Next wave tried to snap late under the lip, got caught and hurled up and went over the falls backwards, ended up on the sandbank with the board smashing me in the head. Came in.
Twas great fun.
In the carpark an elderly German couple were sitting in deckchairs making a cuppa behind one of those campers....old Fritz said"is the vater cold"
I thought he said "are you getting old?"
"Isn't everybody"
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes