Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by Donweather » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:27 pm

TrevG wrote:Should be OK by Fiday afternoon, Digger. 8)
Ya reckon much of that highly acute S'ly groundswell will be getting in up there come Friday Trev?

I can't see much more than 2ft/2ft+ for Friday down your way at the moment Trev.....and highly inconsistent at that too!!!

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:46 pm

yeah i got some alright ones at strads from 1-3pm, fun and punchy but with quite abit of chop.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:42 pm

Donweather wrote:
TrevG wrote:Should be OK by Fiday afternoon, Digger. 8)
Ya reckon much of that highly acute S'ly groundswell will be getting in up there come Friday Trev?

I can't see much more than 2ft/2ft+ for Friday down your way at the moment Trev.....and highly inconsistent at that too!!!
It's pretty long period stuff - usually wraps around surprisingly well - but don't tell anyone. 8)
About 7am on for a couple of hours on the incoming tide.
But I was really suggesting it was looking good for Digger at the end of his holiday week :twisted:
He's a fair bit further north.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Bondi cranking(I wish) with a rare 1footer. Bugger all people though and probably more waves than everywhere else since it was practically deserted. Water bathtub material with blue skies. All this and no traffic jams. 8) 8)
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 am

Was expecting dead flat this morning, but was surprised to see clean head high waves, some bigger at my fave beach. Got a few good ones, but snapped the leggie after about an hour, and had to swim after it, then i was buggered so went home to recover from night shift.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:25 pm

mmm, going for a surf tommorow I hope.
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Innerview
regular

Post by Innerview » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:25 pm

From noon onwards, a 14 second South swell pushed through. Forecast was for 0 to 1 foot.
Attachments
9D0C0234.jpg

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:41 am

Gunnamatta on Sunday

Was meant to be 3 - 4 but was more like 2 -3. On a low tide though it's not so bad but it got quite sucky and bowly which doesn't suit my board or my ability.

Mid week looks like being a cracker - but I'll be fcuking working.
Last edited by Grooter on Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:05 pm

no surf today
taking the kayak out on the harbour with some oysters for bait.
gonna catch some breambos on really light line
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:47 pm

marcus wrote:no surf today
Try Taylors Bay (east of the zoo)

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Or 40 Baskets will have tonnes of little bream and snapper.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

OddaP
barnacle

Post by OddaP » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:50 pm

After frothing about the swell of the year, and chucking a sickie I hit the regular reef north of Perth. Its a left hander, needs a long period ground swell from just the right direction (optimum size range around 1.4m to just over 3m on the Rottnest bouy) has on a decent swell, 3 different take off spots and is busy with locals and regulars (probably half and half) which can be a mellow bunch of blokes or a frothing, ill tempered rabble. Today was the latter.

It was solid, biggest day of the year here , wind was ene this morning, it went nne and then north, just as I got out it went nor west.

It was cold, 5 degs with a cold wind off the desert and the sun playing hide and seek in the clouds.

Over the falls on take off twice, fins in the shoulder from my mate, dropped in on my best wave in the dunny bowl section just as it was really sucking hard off the reef forcing me to straighten out, the yell and swearing to the offender got louder when I realised it was my mate!

2 leggies and a snapped board the toll price today.

Apparently the right hander up the road was absolutely cooking but the crowd was twice as bad.

Work tomorrow.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:58 pm

OddaP wrote:After frothing about the swell of the year, and chucking a sickie I hit the regular reef north of Perth. Its a left hander, needs a long period ground swell from just the right direction (optimum size range around 1.4m to just over 3m on the Rottnest bouy) has on a decent swell, 3 different take off spots and is busy with locals and regulars (probably half and half) which can be a mellow bunch of blokes or a frothing, ill tempered rabble. Today was the latter.

It was solid, biggest day of the year here , wind was ene this morning, it went nne and then north, just as I got out it went nor west.

It was cold, 5 degs with a cold wind off the desert and the sun playing hide and seek in the clouds.

Over the falls on take off twice, fins in the shoulder from my mate, dropped in on my best wave in the dunny bowl section just as it was really sucking hard off the reef forcing me to straighten out, the yell and swearing to the offender got louder when I realised it was my mate!

2 leggies and a snapped board the toll price today.

Apparently the right hander up the road was absolutely cooking but the crowd was twice as bad.

Work tomorrow.
Isn't surfing fun?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:16 pm

puurri wrote:
marcus wrote:no surf today
Try Taylors Bay (east of the zoo)
sorry, i should have been more specific, newcastle harbour, not sydney.
note to self, dont try to shuck oysters in bare hands with new sharp shucking knife after a few beers in rocking kayak.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 pm

Two surfs today.
First at dawn at my local point.
Good, long period swell just as Don.W predicted.
And this afternoon at the same place. Bigger.
Tomorrow's looking good. :lol:
Beanpole

Skipper

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:11 pm

TrevG wrote:Tomorrow's looking good. :lol:
I hate you Trev!!! :cry:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Donweather wrote:
TrevG wrote:Tomorrow's looking good. :lol:
I hate you Trev!!! :cry:
^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Should I give myself a coupl eof these ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ps. Watch this space. :wink:
Beanpole

Skipper

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:47 pm

TrevG wrote:s. Watch this space. :wink:
I have decided I hate retirees. The barista at work is retiring to 20 acres at cresent head but not before driving around australia in his brand new pathfinder. He only just turned sixty.

You lot have it too good.

Having said that the life of a uni student isn't too bad, except for the poverty.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!