Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:20 pm

PM me if you want up a heads-up on the best banks.
Lots of sand being moved around at the moment.
Point looked good again today but had to force myself to have a layday and do some work.
Curious why none of you cokscuking cowboys don't hop on the silver bird and come up to the famous pointbreaks of the Goldy and Northern New South while their friggin pumping.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 pm

steve shearer wrote:PM me if you want up a heads-up on the best banks.
Yeah for sure, merks said he would give me some heads up as well. Much appreciated particularly as this weather will change things. Would like to save some time rather than drive around from beach to beach in whatever allotted time I have between entertaining the chillblains.
Curious why none of you cokscuking cowboys don't hop on the silver bird and come up to the famous pointbreaks of the Goldy and Northern New South while their **** pumping.
and looking forward to that country hospitality too. :wink:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 pm

If you in my neck of the woods, drop in and maybe check out my new shop/showroom/shaping room on Angourie Rd. Depends when you are up but I might wanna get the Abat back ??? need it here by Good Friday .... ( hope SS gets a few sessions on it first, if the waves work in... )

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:01 pm

steve shearer wrote:PM me if you want up a heads-up on the best banks.
Point looked good again today but had to force myself to have a layday and do some work.
Curious why none of you cokscuking cowboys don't hop on the silver bird and come up to the famous pointbreaks of the Goldy and Northern New South while their **** pumping.
'Cause some of us have jobs ya cnut.

I mean I'm stoked you bastards are having a good time, I really am!! but FCUK! 18' waves were breaking on outer bombie reefs in Sydney yesterday ... at 6pm ... torn to bits by filthy onshore gales

don't worry I'll remember this when the next killer NE groundswell/sw combo platter hits down here and Lennox is 3'

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:03 pm

Trying MP, had tomorrow pencilled in for the Pass but looks like strong/gale force onshores again......
Good Friday's next Friday right?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Thought your job was to swan around where the best surf was in the name of gathering "material" NC......
thought a "best in 10year" swell would have you at Burleigh faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:41 pm

i surfed at thirroul today. uluwatu of the northern illawarra, hehe. no, i'm serious. when i got there at one there was no one out, so i um-ed and ah-ed for a few minutes until a mate from high school who was on lifeguard duty drove me up to the northern end of the beach and said there's the gutter get out there. so i went out and after a bit he joined me on his rescue board and we got a few waves. it was kind of breaking all over the place, but we paddled and paddled and more or less worked it out. once, a wave broke about 20 metres outside us and my mate rolled over but still got smashed and lost his board and swam in. on a couple i went so fast it was all i could do just not to fall on my face - i was hanging on for dear life! paddling back out after one long one i very narrowly missed getting smashed by a wave that broke just like pipe! churning, grinding, bowling, crunching... at the end of my last wave i straightened out and lay down to go in and kneed myself in the chin! on the beach there were about a million blueys, must have floated in last night. woo, surfing's good.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 am

From Yesterday (Wed)
2009_040109JanSurf0002 (Small).JPG
2009_040109JanSurf0005 (Small).JPG
2009_040109JanSurf0007 (Small).JPG
2009_040109JanSurf0014 (Small).JPG
2009_040109JanSurf0011 (Small).JPG
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

acecactus
Grommet

Post by acecactus » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:23 am

The water is warm enough for boardshorts but after 3 days of howling easterly you may want a steamer, booties, hood and gloves..... BLUEBOTTLES :!:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:39 pm

steve shearer wrote:Thought your job was to swan around where the best surf was in the name of gathering "material" NC......
thought a "best in 10year" swell would have you at Burleigh faster than a rat up a drainpipe.
Yes well thanks to my new Career Arc I'm not just a "surf journalist" any more goddam it

It's the bits on top of the "surf journalism" that kill ya

ahhh whatever, I had a bit of fun at Newport this morning, 6-8' chunky lefts, at least I was the only one out

gotta say ones senses a great day in the offing down here -- whacky banks everywhere, all it'll take is a wind switch

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:57 pm

tough going at longy this arvo ... lot of water moving around ... tough paddling back out ... I have a headache and a bucket of water still in my head ...

LONGINUS
barnacle

Post by LONGINUS » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Got a good hour in at Nielsen Park solo this morning. bit smaller than yesterday but the cleanest 2 footer in town I reckon. A few shots bottom of the page here: http://www.surfingatlas.com/spot/2519
salty wrote:Surfing Atlas WTF? ...I have to pay a sign-up fee in order to expose to the masses, pictures of and directions to my favorite breaks! http://www.surfingatlas.com

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks for posting pics Trev... are they taken from your way, Marcus's way or Fong/Tiger land?

I read a report saying that the banks at Noosa are the best in at least 10 years. Any truth to that? I'm getting homesick now :oops:

:roll: 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:Thanks for posting pics Trev... are they taken from your way, Marcus's way or Fong/Tiger land?

I read a report saying that the banks at Noosa are the best in at least 10 years. Any truth to that? I'm getting homesick now :oops:

:roll: 8)
They were my local, Felix.
But Fong's area has been goin' orf, too.
Blown out today and for the next few, probably. But the swell will be still there when the wind goes back around.
Massive flooding up M'dore, Noosa, Coolum today. We've had over 100 ml at my place since about 2am. It's now 5pm.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Not sure how much rain we got up here Trev, my guage max's out at 120 and it hit that at midday. I'm guessin we got 200mm+.

Felix, the inside section at T Tree is lurvely ATM. Goes to about halfway across the rocks, towards the pot (eno's). there was some insane ones out there this morn.

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Pumping my way. If only this swell can hang around for another 4 months and 3 and a half weeks....

.....fk

heefcoate
Local

Post by heefcoate » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:19 pm

seals
Attachments
seals.jpg

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:29 pm

tiger wrote: I'm a sour prick for the rest of the day :? .
just in case your feeling better :lol:

tuesday out front my joint was best surf i've had up here....and up there in top ten my life

prick a paddle....big, clean, pitching barrels :lol: 8) wish i could post pics :cry:

i just had a good long hard look the island.....totally unsurfable....no matter how much i will it :cry:

si i better go join the points...will report back

the oils back on the beach in a big way :!: and two helicopters nearly landed on my dog :shock:

idiots....perfectly good airport a k away :? :x

hey pritty....i swap my mal

i got a full blown hawaian sunset gun 8) (i'm in training)

8'10 of pure brewer rail magic 8)

surfed it yesterday.....totally over gun....but what fun :mrgreen:

big driving bottom turns...it snaps and roundhouses

it's got glassin fins

and i swear....glassin fins DO shit all over fin systems for feel :idea:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?