Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by steve shearer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:30 am

Lennox Point.....6-8ft.......just before dark.
Had the Aquabat in the van but thought nup, took a 7'0" pintail out.
There was one kiwi bloke on the base of the point all shredded up from the rocks, 3 paddlers and one tow team.
The jump off with a very square east swell was diablo.
Surf felt more Hawaiian than Aussie, fcuking thick on the outside peak.
Had a Haleiwa type effect of dragging you deeper into the lineup and then catching you inside for the rogue sets.
Towering storm clouds, a strong sideshore wind, lots of terns, the headland enclosing.
Got caught inside by a set that could have been 10 foot and the second wave drove me so deep that I thought I'm fcuking down for 2 here, could feel the board tombstoning. Got up to see a sunset style lip a metre from my head, gulp of breath and fcuking pasted again.
Came up all jellly and stoked there wasn't another behind it, so I caught the next one in and went straight to the bottle-o for a couple of tallies.
Epic days surfing.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:37 am

mustkillmulloway wrote:first point noosa

surfed it more in the last two days than whole year :shock:

and yeah.....it frocking blowing my mind 8) it's the perfect ride :shock:

and ric....the quads going bloody sensational...

i love it on my backhand

SPEED :arrow: TRIM :arrow: TURNS

i owe ya a beer make do for now with a :mrgreen:
Are you surfing First Point on a shorty? Is it that good or are you surfing Ric's board somewhere else?

Pics or it didn't happen..! :shock:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:50 am

merkin wrote:What I really went down for though was to see if I could spot Delilah from Kazkhstan..
I saw delilah on the byron bay pics merkin. i was going to post her in 'babe of the day'.

She was very nice indeed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:06 pm

oldman wrote:
merkin wrote:What I really went down for though was to see if I could spot Delilah from Kazkhstan..
I saw delilah on the byron bay pics merkin. i was going to post her in 'babe of the day'.

She was very nice indeed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Good to see she shaves, I hear it can get a bit hairy in those countries.
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:18 pm

I remembered why i dont surf weekends today.

People raving about how sick the waves are ... ffs it was 3ft max, full and absolute shit. So many retards trying to snake, paddling out of position, pulling off at the last minute for no good reason, getting in your way and genereally being fucktards. I finally paddle get a break from the crowd on some fun inside runners get one good wave three morons see it and paddle over ... next thing the whole pack follows. aaarrrrgggg.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Revolution wrote: ... next thing the whole pack follows. aaarrrrgggg.
you're a boogie boarder ... :idea: why are you complaining , that's how you guys roll isn't it ... :idea:

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:
Revolution wrote: ... next thing the whole pack follows. aaarrrrgggg.
you're a boogie boarder ... :idea: why are you complaining , that's how you guys roll isn't it ... :idea:
Nah seems like the retarded balding middle age guys who like to do that. Probably between their round of golf and then off to do the shopping with their suburban house wives.

Plus i either surf with one mate (stand up) or by myself. Occasionally with two others but only on small shitty days.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Revolution wrote:seems like the retarded balding middle age guys who like to do that. Probably between their round of golf and then off to do the shopping with their suburban house wives ..
well that may be the case nutsack but it doesn't really matter either way what you have to say ... you're still the boogie boarder ...

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:
Revolution wrote:seems like the retarded balding middle age guys who like to do that. Probably between their round of golf and then off to do the shopping with their suburban house wives ..
well that may be the case nutsack but it doesn't really matter either way what you have to say ... you're still the boogie boarder ...
nasty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

marcus
Owl status

Post by marcus » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Marty "gunter" and i had a muck around session at newcastle.
he came over on his push bike without his shortboard, so borrowed my old brown and yellow darby single fin i was fixing for brother "guard".
i took out the 9'4 longboard.
after 1 or 2 waves we swap boards and he hogs my longboard, saying it surfs like a bus, yet hogging it. i ended up just paddling around on the old single fin underwater (way too small for me). would have been good if he gave my board back to get some waves.
then it goes onshore and i crack the tail of the singlefin in the shore break without a leggy on, off it goes into the rocks.
Oscar Wilde - "I am not young enough to know everything"

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:54 pm

In the water at Flinders by 7am

By 8am there were 6 goat-boaters and by 8.30 the SUP count reached up to 4. :roll:

The catalyst was some idiot whose leash on his goat boat snapped and the bloody thing flew through the white-wash and missed my board and head by a bee's di.ck. :evil:

Didn't get many waves but it was a beautiful morning to be out on the water all the same. Roll on winter....
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:24 pm

marls1.JPG
marls1.JPG (65.1 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
looking good, swam here yesterday instead, tho
esky.jpg
esky.jpg (20.01 KiB) Viewed 2672 times

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:15 pm

merkin wrote:Surfed the Pass again but still didn't see Delilah from Kazahkstan... :arrow:

http://www.inbyronbaytoday.com/archives ... today.html

:mrgreen:
Delightful.... :shock: :)

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:34 pm

Hatchman wrote:In the water at Flinders by 7am

By 8am there were 6 goat-boaters and by 8.30 the SUP count reached up to 4. :roll:

The catalyst was some idiot whose leash on his goat boat snapped and the bloody thing flew through the white-wash and missed my board and head by a bee's di.ck. :evil:

Didn't get many waves but it was a beautiful morning to be out on the water all the same. Roll on winter....
So I guess this totally obliterates Ringmaster's theory about the purity of Vicco waters

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Hatchman wrote:In the water at Flinders by 7am

So I guess this totally obliterates Ringmaster's theory about the purity of Vicco waters
Haha, was there this morning as well... Doesn't really matter as they all suck! They fall off the wave every time... Leaving em all for me :D

I'm pretty sure I saw you Hatchman, but wasn't completely sure... You have an orange board, yeh? I'm shy with saying hi to interneters, haha!

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:19 am

^^^

None taken mate, Flinders isn't really Westernport though, waves there pack a bit more punch than Pt Leo but nothing like Gunnamatta.

Big Left seems to be going in popularity of late with these fcukers, there used to be a couple of goaters but they were pretty cool. Just seems to be more of them now, the wave really suits it though as it builds slowly for them.

My mates surfed it on Wednesday last week, 3 foot, glassy and no-one else out there. I guess I'll have to hope the winter weekends will sort a lot of them out.
Last edited by Grooter on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 am

beachbanga wrote:I'm pretty sure I saw you Hatchman, but wasn't completely sure... You have an orange board, yeh? I'm shy with saying hi to interneters, haha!
Yep orange board with black stripes down the deck. Was there at 7.15 and left around 9.15