Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

rightbrainpositive
Local

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by rightbrainpositive » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:52 pm

diggerdickson wrote: That was my first surf there and it will be my last. I reckon you can just take the national park and shove it up your kyper pass as far as im concerned, will stick to my local and will get more waves and enjoy myself rather than put up with the bullshit that goes on at noosa :evil:
Hey Digger, sorry to hear about your first surf at TiTree. The place can get a little 'Snapperish' at times but i'd say if your surfing it during the week outside of school holidays, it's really unlucky that you have to deal with such kookery. The place can be magic and unfortunately that's one of the reasons why it attracts the kooks (like anywhere else).

Don't give up on it, it's a special place. If you got the time and the line-up just looks like it's not going to budge, walk around the corner and check out Granites. For early's on the weekends, it can be the best place to be.

Also, if it's not low-tide and it's a weak swell, you might be better on a board with more volume (presuming you were out on a shorty). I've had some amazing surfs on my wife's minimal (yes it's true) at subpar TiTree... If I had a real mal I would be taking out as well for sure.

Better yet, hook up for a surf with Fong... he'll sort out the crowds for ya :lol:

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:06 pm

TrevG wrote:Can't get all the info on here but this is the next week on the Sunny Coast.
4 columns to a day.
Swell direction E and SE.
Wind direction SE.
Swell Period 8.2 to 10.3
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
dnc-46026s15.png
Damn. Doesn't come out very clear. However - WAVES FOR THE NEXT WEEK - :!:
Trev, can you ensure that I see the same forecast when I'm back on the coast in July?? :roll: :shock: :P

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:41 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:Better yet, hook up for a surf with Fong... he'll sort out the crowds for ya :lol:
What, with the new sea kayak? Have to send him down for a surf with S‘n’T, he lurves kayaks and lulls. :D

Surfed at NN today, 2nd time on the asymmetrical, connecting with it better with each outing. Haven’t gone right yet, guess I will have to eventually. :oops:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:17 pm

4ft point, some really perfect ones, only 3 out when I first hit it but soon grew to nearly 20, got some great ones on th Abat before she goes to shearer tomoz...I swapped with a guy from WA who was curious about why my ugly aqua board was going so fast, 3 waves later he was trying to buy it from me, sorry pal, as broke as might be, I cant sell this baby, not yet anyway, not ever me thinks....he had a 6'6 gunny thing, had to be a backyardy from Margarets and it was a dog, very happy to get the bat back... :)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:05 pm

diggerdickson wrote:just got out of the water at tea tree, had 6 waves, one to deep, and 5 blantant dropins, was drop in by one guy who could surf and just didnt give a shite, the others were kooks who were unbalanced on take off, one was touching rails on take off :evil: what is the point of surfing that place.

That was my first surf there and it will be my last. I reckon you can just take the national park and shove it up your kyper pass as far as im concerned, will stick to my local and will get more waves and enjoy myself rather than put up with the bullshit that goes on at noosa :evil:
Digger, I think it's a first light type of spot. I had it one morning a couple of months ago with Fong and it was awesome. Even then a bit crowded, but I had no trouble getting waves to myself for about 2 hours.
Like RB+ says, don't give up on it yet. Get one good session there and you'll be hooked.
However, Like you I hate crowds and will surf pretty ordinary stuff in order to avoid them.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:07 pm

rightbrainpositive wrote:
TrevG wrote:Can't get all the info on here but this is the next week on the Sunny Coast.
4 columns to a day.
Swell direction E and SE.
Wind direction SE.
Swell Period 8.2 to 10.3
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
dnc-46026s15.png
Damn. Doesn't come out very clear. However - WAVES FOR THE NEXT WEEK - :!:
Trev, can you ensure that I see the same forecast when I'm back on the coast in July?? :roll: :shock: :P
Felix, I've lodged your order. How long are you back for and can we catch up? Moffats still owes you a decent surf as I recall. :wink:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 pm

great wave, shite crowd and way too many idiots... I lived there for most of my life and only had a handful of uncrowded days, gave up in the end.... there are a few other spots but some dont know about or dont bother looking....I paddled out in the dark one morning to find out that about 10-15 others had done the same, within ten minutes of full light there was 35 plus guys at the pot....not my idea of fun but it is a bloody good wave sometimes....

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:02 pm

TrevG wrote:
diggerdickson wrote:just got out of the water at tea tree, had 6 waves, one to deep, and 5 blantant dropins, was drop in by one guy who could surf and just didnt give a shite, the others were kooks who were unbalanced on take off, one was touching rails on take off :evil: what is the point of surfing that place.

That was my first surf there and it will be my last. I reckon you can just take the national park and shove it up your kyper pass as far as im concerned, will stick to my local and will get more waves and enjoy myself rather than put up with the bullshit that goes on at noosa :evil:
Digger, I think it's a first light type of spot. I had it one morning a couple of months ago with Fong and it was awesome. Even then a bit crowded, but I had no trouble getting waves to myself for about 2 hours.
Like RB+ says, don't give up on it yet. Get one good session there and you'll be hooked.
However, Like you I hate crowds and will surf pretty ordinary stuff in order to avoid them.
the guy who could surf and dropped in on me was no concern, that stuff I expect to happen occasionally out there, but the kooks who were unbalanced, letting go of boards instead of duckdiving, and taking off on mals with wobbly legs as just mowing down the people :lol: :lol: :lol: And my mates were telling me it was uncrowded, if thats the case the place is just frightening :shock:

Would not mind trying granites on a lower tide as I think it might be less crowded, but tea trees and other points are just out as far as im concerned :evil:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

huie
Local

Post by huie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:27 pm

digger
i take it you are new up there where do you live
once winter starts s b will light up
i first surfed noosa 1961 lived at sunshine long time got forced out 1999
you camn catch granite but need to know the swell & the tide is important
1 good session & you will change your mind
in fairness to others i should not say to much
but if you need any answers pm me

the kalakau kid

Post by the kalakau kid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:12 am

The internet. Sad but true.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:10 am

guard wrote:How are cutbacks on lefts?
A highlight.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:50 pm

first point noosa

surfed it more in the last two days than whole year :shock:

and yeah.....it frocking blowing my mind 8) it's the perfect ride :shock:

and ric....the quads going bloody sensational...

i love it on my backhand

SPEED :arrow: TRIM :arrow: TURNS

i owe ya a beer make do for now with a :mrgreen:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:01 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:i owe ya a beer make do for now with a :mrgreen:
The universal payment system. Ric's gotta be happy with that. :D

Welcome back fong. Got the computer I assume.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Tallows again. Frighteningly good 6ft+ lefts on a steadily building east swell.
No-one out.
No-one in the carpark except a couple of backpackers having brekkie.
Craig had tried and failed to get out.
Steve rocked up just as I was waxing up.
Un-fcucking-believable.
Were were all the goofy footers, the Sydney seachangers, the highly paid pro soul freesurfers with their shiny new transporters?
This was as good as 6foot money trees. You'd save up all year and cut off your left testicle for surf like this.
Getting out was a game of luck....hanging in cosy corner behind a wash rock and sprinting across the shallow bank between sets.
Steve couldn't get out so I had the long lonely paddle right out the back up to behind the corner where iridescent blue lefts were standing up and sucking out on a bombie before freight training down the line.
Pods of dolphins, shapes and shadows everywhere, squeaks and clicks. A white spotted eagle ray.
In this age of tow-in heroics and crowds at barely surfable slabs where was everyone?
Sheet glass barrels as the morning offshore died.....no-one came out, no-one checked it.
We both got caught by a macking clean-up set and came in.
This march has been a dream.
And now I'm gunna go pick up the ABat.
Stoked.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:07 pm

steve shearer wrote:Tallows again. ...This was as good as 6foot money trees.
C'mon Steve,

I'm not one to call bullshit, but......I don't know how else to end this sentence. Perhaps "I highly doubt it was as good as 6 foot Money Trees?"

PS: This has NOTHING to do with Cronulla being flat today. And onshore.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:23 pm

Ok......it was better than Money Trees, more predictable and more open.
Not as good as launching pad into Speedies though.
Seriously, these backbeaches under clean east swell events can get very Indo-esque, minus the zillas.
fcuk it was good.....I can't wait to call my brother and rub it in.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:54 am

Common Ringmaster, you can tell us where you surfed today, it was between the flags on your foamie wasnt it? I can see it now, speedos on, fluro zinc on nose, laying on the back third of the board, paddling off to the side like a set of oars, missing even the easiest of waves until you finally get one, struggle to your feet, arms stretched out and waving frantically for balance only to plow into some innocent swimmer and fall off. Maybe start on a boggie board?