Where did you surf today ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

diggerdickson
barnacle

Re: Where did you surf today ?

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:48 pm

no where, got the bloody flu :evil:
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:14 pm

Northern beaches is a joke...

Biggest wave i would have gotten out of this swell would have been pushing 5ft, more like 4 though...

And today was just very very very poor.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Im hopeful of the swell picking up with the cyclone tracking down the coast, though it looks a bit close to the coastline and will probably be a absolute mess, but this is my first cyclone swell up here so dont know what to expect, am hopeful :D

lambert
barnacle

Post by lambert » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:41 pm

it is looking like a good one, cat. 2 with gusts of 150- moving at only 9km/h but i think its turning more sth than would be ideal.. most ones like this, wadi was a cracker, give a huge wave period while maintaining lots of consistency. Fingers crossed!

Innerview
regular

Post by Innerview » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:47 pm

I photo`g here for 2 hrs this morning.
B79C6770.jpg
B79C6771.jpg
B79C6772.jpg
Last edited by Innerview on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 pm

dinosaur wrote:didn't bother after being mildly disappointed yesterday and with a few days off next week decided to leave it for the WE warriors.
That'd be right Toesy.........too scary , crowded and hard for a mal rider. :roll:

RickyG
Snowy McAllister

Post by RickyG » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:52 am

Made another cameo at the 'nulla yesterday. Was eerie, kinda crowded in the carparks but not many in the water. Nth Cronulla was closed (not sure why, there were a few rips but smallish swell). Several choppers circulating over head and a SLSA boat doing shark patrols. I saw footage of a hammerhead just beyond the break on the news this morning, right where I was at the wall. I'm sure we've all been that close to sharks before withpout realising it. besides, my wife just pointed out I'm pretty well insured to she's not worried :roll:
andy2476 wrote:
Ricky gets my vote. I hate undercover tards.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:28 am

dinosaur wrote:B_ _ _ _ I ?
looks like it but for the headland/ridge in the background from that angle wouldn't be there ... :idea: :?:

nice shot's iv ... I can never work out how you guys can hang there taking shots for so long watching waves like that ... must be tempting ...

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:48 am

I had a wave yesterday at Norrth Steyne. Wasn't too bad and the only white pointers I could see were being held captive by a small green bikini top only just. 8)
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

nosedrip

Post by nosedrip » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:35 am

How's the results of the poll on how many times people have surfed in the last week - more than a quarter hadn't surfed at all and another quarter only surfed once! So - more than half haven't surfed more than once a week. How pathetic is that.

2-3ft Nthn beaches twice this weekend - too fat on the high tide but at least it wasn't crowded where I was.....not sure if the 4ft+ call of the likes of Swellnet and Coastalwatch was in a different part of the world to where I was though.

nosedrip

Post by nosedrip » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:30 pm

dinosaur wrote:
nosedrip wrote:How's the results of the poll on how many times people have surfed in the last week - more than a quarter hadn't surfed at all and another quarter only surfed once! So - more than half haven't surfed more than once a week. How pathetic is that.

Thats out of 540 who voted. Nearly 4 times that amount have viewed this topic alone.
I think you'll find that the numbers of Views is not the same as the number of ViewERS - if two people view a topic a hundred times each then the thread would say there have been 200 views. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Scored 3-4ft south coast reef. The long bush walk paid off. No-one else out. Found a new spot too.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:10 pm

nosedrip wrote:
dinosaur wrote:
nosedrip wrote:How's the results of the poll on how many times people have surfed in the last week - more than a quarter hadn't surfed at all and another quarter only surfed once! So - more than half haven't surfed more than once a week. How pathetic is that.

Thats out of 540 who voted. Nearly 4 times that amount have viewed this topic alone.
I think you'll find that the numbers of Views is not the same as the number of ViewERS - if two people view a topic a hundred times each then the thread would say there have been 200 views. Or maybe I'm wrong.
You will find people would have also voted before this swell arrived, people also dont give a shit about that quiz e.g. i voted for the blank option. You will also find that you cannot edit your original vote. You will also find this latest swell, or at least on the northern beaches has been pitiful and piss weak.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:18 pm

what poll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:10 pm

diggerdickson wrote:what poll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's been a poll on the Realsurf Home Page for some weeks now asking "how many times did you surf in the past week? I'm sure it's 2 or 3 weeks since I voted.
Someone appears to have just seen it and assumed it related to whether or not people have been scared off by the recent shark reports.

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Surfed some fun 3ft cross/offshore low tide waves today.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:46 pm

you guys must have it bad down there coz you arent too happy too often with the waves. I havent surfed for 3 days and getting a bit toey, will find something tomorrow hopefully... 8)

Haz
barnacle

Post by Haz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Haha Ringa :lol:

It's been side-offshore and 2-3 foot all week down Gunna way! What happened to your "surf coast"? :lol: