Which fins?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

channels
Duke Status

Which fins?

Post by channels » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:57 am

Ripped out my back fin, as well as one of the plugs, on the weekend thus necessitates the need for a new fin(s). Probably been done to death but as the search function now seems to be frocked, so which FCS fins work best and is there a noticeable difference between epoxy, glass or the plastic models?

dUg
barnacle
Location: sitting in my car waiting for someone else to paddle out first

Re: Which fins?

Post by dUg » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:16 am

clay wrote:is there a noticeable difference between epoxy, glass or the plastic models?
Ohhhhhhh yeah. I hate the new plastic ones. :evil:

What fins did you have in there before? The best fins will be the ones that suit the board dims, your weight / height, your style and level of surfing, and the type of waves you usually surf. Everyone has their favourites ( for me it's TC Aqualines or the original H-2 configuration ), but a setup that goes well for one surfer may not for another... and vice versa.

For all-round compromise something in the FCS Performance Core range is a good start.

channels
Duke Status

Re: Which fins?

Post by channels » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Currently using plastic YU's but only because that's what came with the board. Probably looking at M-5's as I wouldn't mind a glass fin.