6 finner...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

mah

Re: 6 finner...

Post by mah » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:12 pm

seriously you cant be serious to much chit chat about this and that not enough wack wack just go surf dont forget no ego 2 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:47 pm

you must be very proud of your first 2 posts pal.. :roll:

havent surfed the swinger yet, been busy with the AquaBat, now the 6'er and just shaped myself a very standard thruster today ( it was so normal it felt different ) :roll: I will get to the swinger soon and will be in touch...might leave the 6'er with you nxt time ???

I know what you mean but just wanna clear up that my boards do not have shitt glass jobs but this particular board was glassed too heavily by mistake and that is what has made it shittt.... 8)
Last edited by pridmore on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

mah

Post by mah » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:51 am

this is obviously a self lubricating disscusion but with all this talk of swingers /fat bats and sixers cause i would hate this thread to go some where else am proud of posts nothing wrong with a bit of sand in the grease every now and then everything goes its the tool riding it that determines it :mrgreen:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:29 am

wow, I am impressed , 3 posts, all lame and now calling me a tool, very brave to do that on the net... you will be quickly put in your place if you continue that attitude on this forum, most of us here enjoy a civilised discussion ( :roll: ) about what we love. Surfing....

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:28 pm

pridmore wrote:wow, I am impressed , 3 posts, all lame and now calling me a tool...
Not sure that ham was referring to you MP

Trumpeter

Post by Trumpeter » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:31 pm

oops, i meant quarter century, not quarter decade, sorry about that, goes to show you shouldn't try and sound smart when you're not :oops:

still think it's all been done before, and if it were tested as any good then, it would be the norm rather than the exception now :roll:

no offence meant to the 'innovator' having a crack at it now of course :wink:
Surfboards are our passion at Global Surf Industries.
Global Surf Industries has a company mantra "Life is better when you surf®".

mah

Post by mah » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:26 pm

ric is right /didn,t mean to hurt mr pridemmores feelings everything is valid mr ham :mrgreen:

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:15 pm

I ride a twinnie in summer slop and a standard thruster for the big stuff.

But I don't reckon boards will look anything like mine in 20 years time. To claim that "it's all been done before" is ridiculous.

Here's a vid to prove my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-A7zjZ_o8I

Trumpeter

Post by Trumpeter » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:45 pm

if the quads, bonzers, twinnies, supa-twins, singles, half dozens, bakers dozens, tunnels, butterflys, etc. are so bloody fantastic as you seem to think why is the top 44 not riding them exclusively instead of riding thrusters more than 99% of the time?

it's all just another fad, but keep telling yourself otherwise gents, you're indeed at the cutting edge :roll:

Animal_Chin
Local

Post by Animal_Chin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 pm

At 11:47 today I saw the a troll. It was the best troll I ever saw. I'll never see a troll like it. There will never be a troll as good as this one.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Trumpeter wrote:if the quads, bonzers, twinnies, supa-twins, singles, half dozens, bakers dozens, tunnels, butterflys, etc. are so bloody fantastic as you seem to think why is the top 44 not riding them exclusively instead of riding thrusters more than 99% of the time?

it's all just another fad, but keep telling yourself otherwise gents, you're indeed at the cutting edge :roll:
if we all surfed like the top 44...( who all surf the same btw) than a standard thruster would be fine

but...i don;t :lol: in fact about 98% surfers don't and never will :idea:

so wherein is the harm in mucking about with designs in the pursuit of increasing our fun on a wave :?:

if pritty found the board was a dog....he'd say so

the fact his found something doing with it given the stupidly heavy glass job simply pricked my ears up

he is a stupid bronco supporter....but he loves his boards and cares the boards he makes really work for the rider

unlike your "cutting edge" firewire popout thailand board builder :idea:

p.s have a go crumpet :lol:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:06 am

do you realize the thruster was a new design once and people just like you said stuff just like you are saying trump ? I am simply playing with some different shapes and designs as I get bored of riding the same thing all the time and as a shaper I want to know as much as I can and thats the only real way to learn I think, design it, shape it, surf it and share it to get a better knowledge of why it works or doesnt. The 6 finner is a bit of fun and there is potential, Glen WInton is doing some too. Cant understand why you would have a negative comment about it, maybe you believe it wouldnt go and thats fine but it does go...I wonder if Simon Anderson started doing them ( just say ), would you be saying the same thngs ??? :roll: I am actually shaping Tom Carroll a quad at the moment but maybe I will pop 2 MORE plugs in there for him..... 8)

the trout
Grommet

Post by the trout » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:12 am

sixer.jpg
hit for a six

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:54 am

really enjoying this thread and how your trails are going, keep us informed mate on all your experiments. I am always interested in new ideas as yes Im no pro standard surfer but im more interested in riding surfboards that are really enjoyable and suit myself, not just a board that comes from a kellogs corn flake box
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:49 pm

ad my first surf on it for a while, been riding the AquaBat exclusively... It has alot less volume so straight away, big diff in paddling, first few waves board felt ok but sluggish especially at take off, it will build speed as you go, seems to need to build momentum, got a few more waves but the waves were sectiony and it could be full and fat and then all of a sudden down the line a bit, it would stand up and race away on you...wasnt having much fun and was really missing the bat...but then I got a few nice waves and board felt better, on my last wave I took off deep on a wide one and wasnt sure if it was going to be makeable so I got a few weaves in to build speed and hung really high and just before it started to pitch I dropped down and bottom turned around the section and came around off the top into a hook/cuttie which felt very smooth and drivey....so very mixed session for the 6'er but I put the sluggishness at take off s down to the heaviness of the board ( real shame my glasser glassed it too heavy ) and also the soft rails I did because I was concerned about it tracking with the fins so forward as well I wanted it to have some forgiveness ( again to compensate for the front fins forward positioning )..so far it seems ok but some changes I would consider for the next one is - much lighter glass - more edge on the rails - narrower tail ( even though there is 6 fins it is almost too loose, on my backhand anyway ).... anyway, still fun playing with it but god I miss the bat....I am planning on having a few more surfs as is then I might play with fins so if interested I will continue to post my feedback, I know some dont care but some seem interested ...cheers guys... 8)

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Trumpeter wrote:if the quads, bonzers, twinnies, supa-twins, singles, half dozens, bakers dozens, tunnels, butterflys, etc. are so bloody fantastic as you seem to think why is the top 44 not riding them exclusively instead of riding thrusters more than 99% of the time?

"Trumpeter", eh?

I once knew a Declan Trumpeter. He was a skin-fluter.

Trumpeter

Post by Trumpeter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:29 am

skin-fluter, that's funny :lol:

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:55 am

are the fins all outside foiled / flat inside only??