Flesh eating surfers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Chillin
charger

Re: Flesh eating surfers

Post by Chillin » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Now thats what im talking about.Just had the most delicious roast beef sandwich made from the marinaded garlic roast my misses made last night for dinner.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:19 pm

While, as i mentioned earlier in this thread that i love eating meat. The best snacks are fruit. I dont eat chips and all that shit. Im eating a Nectarine now. Its better than most meats.
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:47 pm

^^an apple a day^^ :D
signatures, finally got it covered.

murrum
Local

Post by murrum » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Fcuk me. I havent posted for ages but your uneducated ecosheep rantings have made me hit the reply button.
CaptKooK wrote:^ except it's not controversial, people just don't like to know the truth about these things because it makes them feel uncomfortable.

Here is the truth.. You drink Soy??...Then you are having a bigger enviro impact than milk ever could. Takes similar amounts of embodied energy to get milk, or raw soy beans to your supermarket door (5MJ/kg each), once you factor in the processing of soy, the addition of calcium etc etc you ar way behind. see here: http://www.steppingforward.org.uk/tech/compbycomp.htm

All those other health things you mention if your only harming yourself I don't see a problem with that. With surfboard materials I would imagine that will start to get greener in time like those boardies made out of plastic bottles.

Boardies out of plastic bottles - another feelgood eco marketing joke, ever considered the embodied energy required to collect the bottles, then reprocess them, before you slide on your smugness drawers

I agree with you on the organic thing its the maccas, woolies factory farming horror i have a problem with.

So when woollies paid top price for my old mans fat lambs at the Yass sales 2 weeks ago my dad is running a factory farming horror - why dont you take a trip out to Gundaroo and ask him yourself dipstick, he has done more for the environment than you will ever do - try planting 50,000 trees on the property and fencing off all the creeklines for starters, not to mention their landcare work....You should see how these sheep live - any idea why he got top price???
Last edited by murrum on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the dreams that stuff was made of

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:26 pm

^^ its an education thing mate. i personally understand what you are saying, but most will never even begin understand what australias meat trade is. One of those things that need be experienced i suppose.

i think this important topic as some vego's have pointed out.
valid points about sustainability that i could not disagree with.

but what about humans??
do we gotta start eradicating some our instincts??

just so we can keep consuming :oops:

good to have it on the table

murrum
Local

Post by murrum » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 pm

turtle wrote:
but what about humans??
do we gotta start eradicating some our instincts??

just so we can keep consuming :oops:
Yeah - no problems there. Could easily veer way off topic here, how to wean off "growth" etc.
the dreams that stuff was made of

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:27 pm

murmmun- yes your spot on not all meat production is factory just the majority. Hate to be the one to pop the bubble on your old mcdonald fantasy, ever heard of a feedlot?

I'd be stoked if all meat production was the organic grass eating type but the uncomfortable REALITY is that the majority of meat IS factory farmed.

All you people that think it's all tough to eat lamb, you've got to be kidding, it's no different to boasting about eating puppies or young dolphins.
When you think about it it's pretty weak.

Get a diet thats good for the environment you can be proud of and step out of the cave, knuckle draggers.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:39 pm

Whilst I don't profess to be an expert on any of this, I can say that the only cattle I've seen fed by feedlot have been dairy cows.
My observation of beef producing animals are generally looking after themselves. I accept there is some "fattening up" process involved before slaughtering but most of their lives are in the paddocks.
Now in the US and Canada, cattle live in barns for many months of the year and are grain fed, producing IMO a very ordinary lookin meat.

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:06 pm

You want to think that because it makes you feel less guilty. It's all Bunnings these days not your local hardware. You guys need to wake up from this old mcdonald farm fantasy you've been sold by the flesh industry.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=dScutbJpHoA

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Kookhead will you Fuck Off.
This is your thread. http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=15384
God, I'd hate to be in school with you.
What a pain in the arse you are.
And I'll bet you're a bundle of laughs at parties.
How to get rid of the last lingering guests.
Ask Kookhead about meat.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:06 pm

offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Dino so your telling me the majority of our meat production is from your old mcdonald type farm! I can't waist any more time on you your too delusional.

Eating puppies and dolphins, gee we need more people in the world like that.
Try asking any of your mates how they would react if you killed and ate their dog when it was a puppy.

You're not brave enough to brake the mould anyway so just keep doing what everyone else does clone and karma will have you re-incarnated as a lamb.

Seeya Trev, don't you hate it when people make you think.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:16 pm

^^^^"make you think"?????????????????????????????

Me, I like eating "boxes of knowledge" (brains) cause they help me think. :lol:
(but not from those with "special needs", might diminish my and their abilities y'know :wink: )

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:36 pm

I have a new favourite meat dish - Deep Fried Phallus of Captain Kook. Admittedly it's not a very large meal, however the fact that it has rested on his forehead for so long should ensure thats its mighty tasty. But unfortunately its not a very sustainable practice.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:29 am

Dino-

http://www.animalliberationqld.org.au/feedlots.htm

Not sure why they don't advertise them more?

Do you eat factory bacon?

Are you actually doing anything to stop factory pig farming or do you just think it's a bad idea?

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:41 am

Rockin Ron-

Organic farming eh? did you just make that up?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... odanddrink

Not sure who to believe United Nations report or Rockin Ron?

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. ~Albert Einstein

gee another doozy, Rockin Ron or Albert Einstein?

So can you explain to me the difference between a pet and livestock?
What if your pet is a lamb?
If we bred dogs for food would it be ok to eat them?
Do you support Japan and its whaling?
Do you eat dolphin? It's illegal Ron, big fine possible gaol term.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:12 am

i smell bacon, here piggy piggy

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:51 am

CaptKooK wrote:Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. ~Albert Einstein

gee another doozy, Rockin Ron or Albert Einstein?

So can you explain to me the difference between a pet and livestock?
What if your pet is a lamb?
If we bred dogs for food would it be ok to eat them?
Do you support Japan and its whaling?
Do you eat dolphin? It's illegal Ron, big fine possible gaol term.
Unfortunately Einstein was a great physist. However he is by no means a nutritionist.

A pet is a domesticated annimal loved by a person or small group of people. Livestock are annimals bred for a purpose. If your pet is a lamb you probabaly wouldn't eat THAT lamb. if we bred dogs for food, yet I would eat them and they would be fcuking tasty. I dont support Jpana's OVERwhaling which doesn't take into consideration the long term viability and sustainability of excessive yearly hunts. I have eaten dolphin, not in australia though.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!