Flesh eating surfers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Flesh eating surfers

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:07 am

CaptKooK wrote:Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. ~Albert Einstein
well jeez, if Einstein discovered the basic principles behind the invention of nuclear weapons, would you go and blow one up?

"Oooo he's a famous brainiac! I'll use a quote from him to prop up my useless attack on the eating habits of others!" What lame pseudo-morality.

You way too keen on picking holes in the behaviour of others buddy. That's not morality, that's transference.

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:43 am

Wow, pretty quick to write off Einstein, what is it again that you have acheived?

Nutrition-

http://www.adajournal.org/article/PIIS0 ... 3/fulltext

'Last month, the United Nations published a report on livestock and the environment with a stunning conclusion: "The livestock sector emerges as one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global." It turns out that raising animals for food is a primary cause of land degradation, air pollution, water shortage, water pollution, loss of biodiversity, and not least of all, global warming.'

Nick it is morality and I set the bar higher than you so of course you want me to come back down, i would prefer you to think higher.

The truth hurts.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:29 am

OTHER THINGS I HATE.

Vego fanatics.
Yep, the truth hurts. Kook just hasn't given us any.
Also, he said he was going but,,,,,,,,,He's Still Here :!: :twisted: :twisted:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:03 pm

CaptKooK wrote:Nick it is morality and I set the bar higher than you so of course you want me to come back down, i would prefer you to think higher.
Oh what a shame, I think I will stay down here in the Gutter with all the human beings.

Cookie
regular

Post by Cookie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:31 pm

CaptKooK wrote:Nick it is morality and I set the bar higher than you so of course you want me to come back down, i would prefer you to think higher.
For someone with such a self assumed high level of morality you sure are a narrow-minded peanut.

How do your morals view respecting other people's viewpoints?

Here's one of my favourites:

Rosemary & garlic roast lamb

Preparation Time

15 minutes
Cooking Time

95 minutes
Add ingredients to shopping list
Ingredients (serves 4)

* 1.6kg leg of lamb
* 3 garlic cloves, halved
* 2 tbs fresh rosemary leaves
* 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
* 1kg chat (small coliban) potatoes, halved
* 300g (2 cups) frozen baby peas
* 20g butter
* 2 tbs shredded fresh mint
Wine gravy
* 2 tbs plain flour
* 375ml (1 1/2 cups) chicken stock
* 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine

Method

1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut six slits, 2cm deep and 2cm long, into the lamb. Press one piece of garlic into each slit. Place the lamb in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle evenly with rosemary and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven For 15 minutes.
2. Remove from oven and place the potato, in a single layer, around the lamb. Drizzle the remaining oil over the potato. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for a further 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking.
3. Meanwhile, cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and return to pan. Add the butter and mint and toss to combine.
4. Transfer the lamb to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Turn potato and roast in oven for a further 10 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
5. To make the gravy, place the roasting pan over high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles. Gradually add the stock and wine, and cook, scraping the pan to dislodge any bits that have cooked onto the base, for 5-8 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
6. Thickly slice the lamb across the grain. Serve with potato, peas and gravy.

YUM

:D

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:33 pm

CaptKooK wrote:Dino so your telling me the majority of our meat production is from your old mcdonald type farm! I can't waist any more time on you your too delusional.
that's america. they put them in feedlots and feed them corn and soy beans. michael pollen(sp?) has written on it.
Last edited by purple pyramids on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Here's a really good BBQ marinade for pig and chicken especially. Of course it should only be applied to a pig you brought down in the Wild with a huge sharp blade driven through its carotid artery ... or some part of a chicken whose neck you personally wrung (or bit through).

1 cup soy sauce (yeah, soybeans, die!)
1 cup dark brown sugar (at least a coupla stalks of that dreadful cane)
1 lemon (ripped from the tree, with a sort of animal snarl)
four or five red chillis, chopped finely, to extract the maximum PLEASURE from their fate
one big chunk of peeled ginger, grated against a metal surface dotted with small cutting edges until its flesh has been mercilessly flayed
a good slosh of sesame oil (involves CRUSHING small innocent seeds)

Mix the soy sauce, sugar and lemon juice till the sugar is dissolved, then chuck in the slaughtered remains of the chillis and ginger. Mix again until iust is satisfied.

Prepare slabs of Animal Flesh, then pour terrible black Liquid over said slabs, pour over the sesame oil, and put in environment-destroying Refrigerator for 90 minutes. Go and kill an animal for no reason.

Attend to your BBQ's lighting rituals. Take marinated Slabs of Flesh and subject them to the flame, turning occasionally in order to observe the meat curling slightly at the edges, and pouring on yet more and more of the Black Death until none is left and the Flesh is cooked to your carnal satisfaction.

Devour as much of it as possible along with leafy vegetables, etc, torn from the beds of some local Market Garden Satanist.

For dessert, kill something else.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Here's a really good BBQ marinade...
I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason, took my order first. "I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please.

He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?"

"Nah, she can order for herself."

And then the fight started...

Thought you would’ve had a special recipe for these suckers?
Nick Carroll wrote:For dessert, kill something else.
Mousecarpony :mrgreen:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Rockin' Ron wrote:
..... the fastest track to environmental degradation, in the agricultural sense, is the proliferation of organic farming in western society? ...
I eat meat and come from a farming family, but that is total bullshitt. Please explain how you figure that out.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Merry Prankster
Grommet

Post by Merry Prankster » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Stir fried baby seal...

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 pm

dinosaur wrote:Do you think it adds to the flavour at all if you used one of the sows piglets as bait? Or is that just part of the fun of the hunt. Of course it would add to the flavor if you then stuffed the sow with the piglets and roasted them all together. After marinating in that fine sauce of course.
Of course! a sorta Pig version of Turducken.

Another sure fire Pig recipe:

Kill Pig in face-to-face combat using a sort of shortened, very sharp spear.

Cut away the Loin and prepare by rolling and tying off with twine, so the twine digs into the fat so it'd hurt the Pig like hell if the Pig was still alive.

Season with salt (gathered from the scorched-earth bed of the mighty Murray River which is dying thanks to Halliburton and also the activities of the world's multi-national pharmaceutical companies), then brown the rolled Pig Loin in a searing hot pan, helping it along with a tablespoon or two of olive oil (need we describe how this is obtained? I think not).

Collect a dozen or so peppercorns, hopefully picked and dried by some poverty stricken Third World family who're being exploited by a massive Western herbs and spices plutocracy, and a couple of dried bay leaves (likewise), and a cup of red wine vinegar which looks vaguely like watered-down blood.

Hurl all ingredients into pot and put in an oven heated to 170 degrees Celsius (hot enough to cook the meat while sadly failing to BURN IT TO A CRISP), checking every now and then to make sure the liquid has not all boiled away in the fires of Satan etc. If so, chuck in some water.

After 80 minutes or so, remove from oven, slice Pig up and dress it with the juices in the bottom of the pan, and eat more than you can possibly stomach, accompanied by whitish mounds of crushed and beaten root vegetables, which should be mixed with yellow animal fat.

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Thought it was a riddle :shock:

Apart form the African starving could be fed on the starvation diet of rice and beans, the article may have referred to the lunacy of Africa growing designer made that up, all's fair in war vegetables and jet freighting them to the West.

Is this thread finished yet?

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:39 pm

If the Chinese would either... start eating each other or even offer themselves for human consumption then we could solve a number of issues including…..

1) Over-population
2) Food shortage
3) Carbon emission ‘issues’
4) Copyright infringements en mass
5) The rapid population annihilation of Rhino’s, Elephant’s and any other rare animal that can make their little willy’s bigger
...and
6) Road rage

Having ‘Chinese’ tonight for dinner will take on a whole new meaning.

P.S had Yum Cha @ Chatswood the other day and I was more interested in eating the bloody waitress then eating another bloody Dim Sim. F-ck i hate those things !!!

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:06 pm

well, i'm a sensitive flower and this thread is tearing me up. the killing - i don't care how natural it is, it still breaks my heart. pigs got kids - those poor pigs, mothers and kids. damn, can't stop these tears rolling down my cheeks and dripping off my chin into my lentil soup. normally i don't like to beat others in anything, sensitive flower that i am, but now i'm really looking forward to kicking you baby-snatching mother-raping throat-slitting rib-sticking chop-sucking breast-slicing cold-hearted flesh eaters' sagging lard-arses at the surf-off.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:42 pm

but since i became a father i've stopped drinking mornings, and the surf-off will be all over my midday. anyway, beer makes me stronger. you'll be licking your wounds around the barbie come lunchtime, jimbo.

murrum
Local

Post by murrum » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Rockin' Ron wrote:
steve shearer wrote:
Rockin' Ron wrote:
..... the fastest track to environmental degradation, in the agricultural sense, is the proliferation of organic farming in western society? ...
I eat meat and come from a farming family, but that is total bullshitt. Please explain how you figure that out.
Is total bullshit I agree.

What you get when posting pissed.

Think, not sure, that what I was attempting to say had something to do with an article i had read recently about how organic farming, and increasing demand for its products, was a step in the wrong direction when it came to addressing the feeding of Africa's starving.

Which wouldn't have been in context anyway. As I said, I was pissed...
Not TOTAL bullshit - Ron - trust your gut.
I think you will find that the arguement is along the lines of the ineficiencies and land required for Organic farming, particularly in its pure form, plus the complete non-acceptance of anything that may be genetically modified. I agree modern agriculture has much to answer for, but the efficiency improvements in Ag over the last 25yrs have essentially meant a lot more food from less, a signficant benefit to all. If the rome clubbers and Malthus had it right we would have all starved by now.
the dreams that stuff was made of

petelev4
Local

Post by petelev4 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 pm

MEAT IS FOUL.