Flesh eating surfers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Dingus
Owl status

Re: Flesh eating surfers

Post by Dingus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Maybe it was more about smug assertions of how good you are for your choices and how evil the others are for not being so enlightened. Then crack the shits when faced with opposition. Then go back to smugness and dismissiveness when you get some support. All of this, in my experience, is exactly what all your type is like.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

yomutha
Grommet

Post by yomutha » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:54 pm

Cracks the shits? I'm just defending my beliefs! It's not like I started a thread saying "vEgeTARians ArE BETter ThAN yOU OmNi'S!" What you guys are doing to the vego's on this forum is like a white guy saying to a black guy, "Hey you! Get back in the chain gang, *offensive black word that realsurf won't let me post*!"

Whatever, I'm over trying to convince you all. Enjoy your meat.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:10 pm

yomutha wrote:Cracks the shits? I'm just defending my beliefs! It's not like I started a thread saying "vEgeTARians ArE BETter ThAN yOU OmNi'S!" What you guys are doing to the vego's on this forum is like a white guy saying to a black guy, "Hey you! Get back in the chain gang, *offensive black word that realsurf won't let me post*!"

That pretty much sums it all up.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:47 pm

dinosaur wrote:
yomutha wrote: What you guys are doing to the vego's on this forum is like a white guy saying to a black guy, "Hey you! Get back in the chain gang, *offensive black word that realsurf won't let me post*!"
Classic.
I feel your pain brother. Yeah your struggle is so similar to that of the black man.
I reckon he has "House carrots" and "Field carrots".

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:53 pm

:lol:
\none left on the forum.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Don't mind them, yo mutha. It's just that chamberess is no longer here, and this is what withdrawal looks like.... :lol: .
heaps of whale pics have been collecting cyberdust just waiting for the chance to see the light of day...
thanks mumsie :wink: .
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:36 pm

puurri wrote:
dinosaur wrote:
yomutha wrote: What you guys are doing to the vego's on this forum is like a white guy saying to a black guy, "Hey you! Get back in the chain gang, *offensive black word that realsurf won't let me post*!"
Classic.
I feel your pain brother. Yeah your struggle is so similar to that of the black man.
I reckon Yo has "House carrots" and "Field carrots".

CaptKooK
Grommet

Post by CaptKooK » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:26 pm

merkin, 20 cows wow, who do you supply maccas?, woolies?

Of course there are exceptions but your old mcdonald fantasy is delusional in this day and age, do you really not know about commercial feedlots?

Let me put it more simply for you, your old mcdonald vision is like your local hardware store when the reality now is bunnings.

Do you suggest we keep cuting down old growth forests to keep loggers in jobs?
I can imagine you would be angry just as slave owners would have been pissed off when the bewildered herd( general public) realised slavery was wrong. You make a living out of killing so i don't have any sympathy for you.

Even on just environmental grounds i thought surfers would get into being vego, when your great grandkids can't surf the maldives because it isn't there you can be happy in heaven/hell thinking i didn't do squat cause i 'just love the taste of meat'

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Ok so you Vegetarians are waaaay more spiritually & intellectually evolved and possess a tonne more virtue than those of us who eat meat. I have a few issues with your arguments around the health impact of eating meat. Personally I think all meat is fine IF it's organic & or you know where it has come from.

If you are going to preach about the health impact of an omnivore diet then I assuming that you don't engage in other risky activities like:

- Surfing (skin cancer, surfers ear, pterygiums, shark attack, drowning)
- Drinking (heart disease, cirrhosis, depression )
- Smoke mull (increased risk of becoming bipolar, lung cancer, throat cancer)
- Smoke ciggies (too many diseases to mention)
- Take pingers/speed / coke/ ice/ acid etc
- Drink from plastics (bisphenol a mimics oestrogen & may reduce sperm count)
- Live near power lines
- Use mobile phones (possible causation of brain tumours)
- Have unprotected sex (STI's, AID's etc)
- Drive drunk & / or fast

This is just a small entree but just about everything has a risk & or can kill you - It's the price of living life.

And the on the enviromental front, I'll take you seriously when you have shrugged off the evil petro-chemical concoctions that are modern surfboards, wetties & legropes. I'm also assuming that you blokes are typing away either on wind up lap tops or are fully solar powered off the grid as modern electricity sure does have a cost, and will contribute way more to f**king the maldives than the aged porterhouse steak I enjoy occasionally.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:25 pm

^^ :lol:
signatures, finally got it covered.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:35 pm

catch it, kill it, cook it & eAT....

am i missing something?

Chillin
charger

Post by Chillin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:43 pm

I think iv got it now, the vegos are a bit like religeos zealots. They can't understand why we dont have the same beliefs and habits as they do. Im also pissed that they wern't happy having their own thread where they could share recipes and their sence of superiority, so they hijacked ours.
Your opinion is worth as much as it costs.

turtle
barnacle

Post by turtle » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:46 pm

just one more thing, captKooKy i really no not agree with you.
to me you sound like a journo tryin make $

much human things being portrayed strange, eating meat ok for you dude :x

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:48 pm

yomutha wrote:Cracks the shits? I'm just defending my beliefs! It's not like I started a thread saying "vEgeTARians ArE BETter ThAN yOU OmNi'S!" What you guys are doing to the vego's on this forum is like a white guy saying to a black guy, "Hey you! Get back in the chain gang, *offensive black word that realsurf won't let me post*!"

Beauty. He's gone. Now if Kookfeatures would just follow suit.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Us non-vegos probably have a steak in this.
We're all in it for our chop.
Bunch of ham actors if you ask me, you silly sausage.
Maybe they're only RIB bing us.
If not they should piss offal.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Having tried to avoid making inflammatory comments about people's choice of food, I would now like to slip into sanctimonious mode and declare that people who eat brains, liver, tripe and the like are short a few chromosomes. I'll never get that. In a moral sense it is no more questionable than eating muscle, but culturally I just find it a little sick making.

Regardless of your views about general health claims, even small amounts of red meat appear to be toxic long term and are definitely implicated in a range of cancers and other ailments, full stop. Red meat is very questionable health wise, even taken in moderation, even organic.

Almost all pig meats are full of horrible shite that will kill ya. Personally I am not attracted to bacon or pork at all, except in that its intake disturbs those who follow judaism. Everything has at least one thing going for it. Interesting that pigs DNA is amazingly close to that of humans.

Eating chicken and fish seems to have none of the downsides of red meat, however intensive farming practices for chicken especially create huge long term problems for humanity as a whole, regardless of whether you eat meat or not.

'Farming' fish is an environmental and health disaster and should be avoided at all costs.

Even if you don't buy the 'moral' argument relating to eating meats, buy chickens and eggs that are at least free range if not organic. Intensive farming of chickens in the battery environment should have been banned years ago, on moral, health and environmental grounds.

Growth steroids are used in battery chicken production, and antibiotic use to keep chickens from dying in the squalid environments is a perfect way to breed antibiotic resistant bacteria that will kill us all.

Rant over, should have gone in the controversial opinions thread.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:53 pm

oldman wrote:Having tried to avoid making inflammatory comments about people's choice of food, I would now like to slip into sanctimonious mode and declare that people who eat brains, liver, tripe and the like are short a few chromosomes. I'll never get that. In a moral sense it is no more questionable than eating muscle, but culturally I just find it a little sick making.

Regardless of your views about general health claims, even small amounts of red meat appear to be toxic long term and are definitely implicated in a range of cancers and other ailments, full stop. Red meat is very questionable health wise, even taken in moderation, even organic.

Almost all pig meats are full of horrible shite that will kill ya.
Eating chicken and fish seems to have none of the downsides of red meat, however intensive farming practices for chicken especially create huge long term problems for humanity as a whole, regardless of whether you eat meat or not.

'Farming' fish is an environmental and health disaster and should be avoided at all costs.

Even if you don't buy the 'moral' argument relating to eating meats, buy chickens and eggs that are at least free range if not organic. Intensive farming of chickens in the battery environment should have been banned years ago, on moral, health and environmental grounds.
sigh,
to quote yet again one more (obviously) erudite than me: "life is a sexually transmitted disease for which there is no known cure." (we all part of the molecular food chain)
Last edited by puurri on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.