Great White Shark At Longy Today

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Re: Great White Shark At Longy Today

Post by Shaunm » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:04 pm

They were at it again today. I heard about Hammer Heads munching on a squid and the Tiger doing the stalker impression round Bronte area, but no mention of the shark spotted between Queensie & Freshie off the rocks there at around 1:30 today?? Looked about 3m to me.
Never confuse ambition with ability

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:58 pm

I hate sharks and they can all get f’cked … I’m sick of all this talk and media and hype which I suppose came to a head for me this morning when the stupid Manly Daily stuck a massive close up of a ravenous shark, jaws open showing it’s rows of blood stained razor sharp teeth and the caption read “coming to a beach near you” … way to scare the bejeezus out of the kiddies, dipsh!ts … :idea:

I’m sick of sitting in the surf every morning thinking about all the news stories and f’cking experts crapping on every damn night … :x

“Oh but they are always out there” … “the numbers are they same every year” … “it’s the bait fish” … “don’t blame the sharks” … “we have to share the environment with them” … “ oh, but they’re a vital part of the food chain” :roll: … f’ck ‘em … and f’ck the food chain … :!: if those b@stards weren’t around there’d be more fish and the Japanese wouldn’t have to go and kill intelligent and harmless whales and dolphins … why don’t we protect them instead … :idea: those pr!cks are out chasing whales and we do f’ck all about it … if we were serious we’d have 10 navy ships surrounding they’re whaling boat pointing big mofo guns at ‘em and a guy on the loud speaking saying “I dare you the fire that harpoon” … :twisted: oh, but sharks, they just eat all the fish and f’ck people up with there big f’cking sharp teeth … so lets look after them … :?

when we got too many kangaroo’s hopping around we feel the need to go shoot ‘em … too many camels now so we go out and shoot them … too many bunnies at mona vale so we go poison them and everything else … but sharks, lets just leave alone so they can f’cken eat us … I say fish them out and eat them first … why should we give a rats … we kill and eat everything else and the one creature that’s a real danger we want to leave alone so they can chomp on a few people and then we got some ‘news headlines’ … :idea:

when people head into the forests where bears live or out into the jungles or plains where dangerous cats live they take fr!ggen great guns with them in case they get into trouble … but people say you take the risk when you go in the ocean … stuff the risk I’d rather they all f’cked off out to see or somewhere else and I’d be happy to eat the b@stards if it was part of a programme to get rid of them … sorry shark lovers but I choose people over sharks and I’m sick of hearing about them … :!:

kevin rudd should be ashamed of himself … :!: (not because of the shark epidemic in particular though … :wink: )

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:20 pm

I concur, Australia day should be re-designated
"Eat a shark before it eats you day"

I can see it now, bronzed aussies and ethnics, shoulder to shoulder around a giant bbq as jaws gets his come-uppence!... ohhhh yeah, a beautifully seared chunk of shark flesh, resting heavily on a fresh damper roll, doused in fresh tartare and sweet chilli sauce with a garnishing of fresh garden salad, all washed down with an ice cold schooner or three... what a way to bring the country together!... mmmm shark burger mmmmm

brendo
barnacle

Post by brendo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:44 pm

WANDERER wrote:I concur, Australia day should be re-designated
"Eat a shark before it eats you day"

I can see it now, bronzed aussies and ethnics, shoulder to shoulder around a giant bbq as jaws gets his come-uppence!... ohhhh yeah, a beautifully seared chunk of shark flesh, resting heavily on a fresh damper roll, doused in fresh tartare and sweet chilli sauce with a garnishing of fresh garden salad, all washed down with an ice cold schooner or three... what a way to bring the country together!... mmmm shark burger mmmmm

i think they currently call that day good friday...when all the god fearin folk go order 'fish n chips'....oh thats right its called flake isnt it?

K10
Grommet

Post by K10 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:16 am

Surfin Turf wrote:I hate sharks and they can all get f’cked ...
when people head into the forests where bears live or out into the jungles or plains where dangerous cats live they take fr!ggen great guns with them in case they get into trouble …
A bloke I know is just over from pommy land
He's keen to do the usual aussie holiday stuff
Learn to surf ( with farkin great white sharks lurkin at every beach)
Go hiking and mountain biking in the bush (with brown snakes and funnel webs)
After a few tales embelished with beer he's sh1t scared to leave the city...ha!
Someone suggested him moving to NZ where the nastiest animal is a crazy cocky that eats ya winscreen wipers

Visitors to our country cant believe that these deadly things are protected, infact
"All native birds, reptiles, amphibians and mammals, except the dingo, are protected in New South Wales by the National Parks and Wildlife Act"

As far as sharks go its only the great white, grey nurse, speartooth and whale shark that are protected

With all this crap being flogged on the media there were some very concerned looking parents on the beach at last Sunday during the Longy Vs Dee Why nippers, heaps of little snacks in the water that morning. :shock:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Surfin Turf wrote:I hate sharks and they can all get f’cked … I’m sick of all this talk and media and hype which I suppose came to a head for me this morning when the stupid Manly Daily stuck a massive close up of a ravenous shark, jaws open showing it’s rows of blood stained razor sharp teeth and the caption read “coming to a beach near you” … way to scare the bejeezus out of the kiddies, dipsh!ts … :idea:

I’m sick of sitting in the surf every morning thinking about all the news stories and f’cking experts crapping on every damn night … :x

“Oh but they are always out there” … “the numbers are they same every year” … “it’s the bait fish” … “don’t blame the sharks” … “we have to share the environment with them” … “ oh, but they’re a vital part of the food chain” :roll: … f’ck ‘em … and f’ck the food chain … :!: if those b@stards weren’t around there’d be more fish and the Japanese wouldn’t have to go and kill intelligent and harmless whales and dolphins … why don’t we protect them instead … :idea: those pr!cks are out chasing whales and we do f’ck all about it … if we were serious we’d have 10 navy ships surrounding they’re whaling boat pointing big mofo guns at ‘em and a guy on the loud speaking saying “I dare you the fire that harpoon” … :twisted: oh, but sharks, they just eat all the fish and f’ck people up with there big f’cking sharp teeth … so lets look after them … :?

when we got too many kangaroo’s hopping around we feel the need to go shoot ‘em … too many camels now so we go out and shoot them … too many bunnies at mona vale so we go poison them and everything else … but sharks, lets just leave alone so they can f’cken eat us … I say fish them out and eat them first … why should we give a rats … we kill and eat everything else and the one creature that’s a real danger we want to leave alone so they can chomp on a few people and then we got some ‘news headlines’ … :idea:

when people head into the forests where bears live or out into the jungles or plains where dangerous cats live they take fr!ggen great guns with them in case they get into trouble … but people say you take the risk when you go in the ocean … stuff the risk I’d rather they all f’cked off out to see or somewhere else and I’d be happy to eat the b@stards if it was part of a programme to get rid of them … sorry shark lovers but I choose people over sharks and I’m sick of hearing about them … :!:

kevin rudd should be ashamed of himself … :!: (not because of the shark epidemic in particular though … :wink: )
Post of the year - you gotta get your own show Surfin! You really do.........

not. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You are just not funny pal. Some on here are but Surfin I'm afraid....well just try and stick to........hmmmm......well maybe you should just fcuk off.

drowningbitbybit
Grommet

Post by drowningbitbybit » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:29 pm

K10 wrote: A bloke I know is just over from pommy land
He's keen to do the usual aussie holiday stuff
Learn to surf ( with farkin great white sharks lurkin at every beach)
Go hiking and mountain biking in the bush (with brown snakes and funnel webs)
After a few tales embelished with beer he's sh1t scared to leave the city...ha!
But in England, all the 12 year olds carry knives (and use them). So its nice for a Pom to feel safe in the city and scared in the wilderness - it makes a change :lol:
Why do you ask? It's the internet, it's not like I know what I'm talking about.

sparky_12
regular

Post by sparky_12 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:46 pm

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

creased
Local

Post by creased » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:57 pm

^^
Dolphins don't get your surf school in the paper :roll:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:28 pm

I was in the carpark at Alex today and saw a shark run over the bottlo and grab a tally...

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:37 pm

^^^ How frocken old are you .....ten? They are tallies....always have been.....EH..

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Tallies? Fcuk mate. :lol:

b
o
g
a
n
------------
BA (on Realsurf) wrote: It's the wild west with a bit more homo-eroticism.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:43 pm

Thats not the first time ive been called that tonight Cooops....I just had a lengthy discussion with the mrs about shopping in my footy shorts...she said somthing about deal breaker but i wasnt really listening... :mrgreen:

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:01 am

dinosaur wrote:looks like stoneaxe was on the money
Stoneaxe....now theres someong who needs to needs to lay off the sauce...
Last edited by bumfluff on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 am

^^^After re-reading what I just posted....I see your point :lol:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:44 pm

sharks at mona vale :!:

EATING every ONE :shock: :arrow:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5xZ7OjN7NVs&feature=dir

just keeping the hysteria alive and kickin :wink:
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Wingnut
regular

Post by Wingnut » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:46 am

I didn't realise the shark in the Tassie attack recently was so freakin big. Look how wide the bite radius is on the board!