Rick Cameron - Mentawai : being deported ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:35 am

MrsKK

I understand you didn’t have a comeback for my previous comment so we have to move onto the contentious issue of vaccination. I am not really pro-vaccination except for funnily enough whooping cough.
Polio has been eradicated and some would argue that many of the childhood ‘diseases’ have mostly disappeared through better hygiene practices this century. I don’t believe in vaccination because I believe it is far better to get a disease like chicken pox, measles etc… and gain natural immunity which happened to most of our generation (I had measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox).

Nowadays kids don’t get these and that is why Australia has the highest rate of allergies: asthma, eczema, food and pollen allergies in the world (statistics supplied). If you understood the immune system a little bit more you would know that getting sick, crawling in the dirt, not cleaning your home with antibacterial products continually actually benefits the immune system in the long run.

The alternative cure for chicken pox, measles etc… is homeopathic prophylaxis and that is what I use, but if my child got measles whooping cough etc…I hopefully would not freak out and hopefully I would not reach for the antibiotics but go for homeopathics which I have seen working immediately or within 24 hours for many things. Many doctors actually believe that children with coughs lasting 2-4 weeks have actually been exposed to whooping cough. Also most kids catch whooping cough from their unexposed parents (I never had it) and whooping cough vaccination does not guarantee you immunity and certainly not lifelong immunity.

The people you should be vaccinating are you and me, and let our kids immune system mature before we shoot them full of Hepatitis B at birth followed by the highest vaccination schedule in the world. Know any newborn prostitutes?
www.avn.org.au
By the way am not anti doctors, I in fact have great respect for doctors but there are always alternatives and they don’t have all the answers. I have had many doctors react badly when clients tell them they are seeing me after they have refused to try a new drug or IVF they are touted. Low and behold their cholesterol reduces without need for drugs or they fall pregnant without spending thousands on IVF.

I try to keep an open mind but have found doctors often don’t. I am sure this is changing. But we also have a voice and the medical profession is not the only one who is right. And I definitely don’t have all the answers I just give people a choice.

I have to go now and help people the medical profession has given up on...

ps mr kk is cooking his own dinner tonight :twisted:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:40 am

Mr KK (me)

I can just see BB writing a whole bunch of cr-p filled with spelling mistakes and having a toss over it.
Poor sad
Buffed Brad :cry:

…and Ric. I was think kevlar

Felix
Local

Post by Felix » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:46 am

I'd say Mr KK would be a lot safer cooking his own dinner. After some of the woowoo you just spouted about homeopathy and vaccination, my advice to him would be to run like hell.

hippy

Post by hippy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:15 am

Buff_Brad wrote:
Poor? Yeah for reading your dribble.

Dino lives in Avalon - explains a lot. 8)

It's sell my "soul" you fcuking idiot. Sole is what supports your shoe dimwit. Or a type a fish.......which would probably match your personality or rather lack thereof. Or the bottom of your foot. Jesus Christ. :roll:
Bloke you have nothing constructive or insightful to say, just meaningless attacks that illustrate your closed and dull mind. Many people are spending a great deal of time here to educate and share experiences from actual daily life.

If it makes you feel any better I dont drive a Rangerover, I dont even own a car.. I practice what I preach, I have almost died many times from Malaria when I was younger using doc chemicals like cloroquin, primiquin etc etc Fed antibiotics and other drugs in school left me more unhealthy to say the least. Now like many others I use herbs and other natural methods to prevent/cure Malaria and to just stay healthy in general.

Anyway this is well off topic, clearly your here just to stir the pot with uninformed BS. I have had friends jailed in Indo for speaking up against RC's activities, accompany this with his future intentions for surfing in the Mentz and wherever else he can get his hands on, and we see the Soul of Surfing ripped out from its ancestral roots....

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:31 am

hippy wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
Poor? Yeah for reading your dribble.

Dino lives in Avalon - explains a lot. 8)

It's sell my "soul" you fcuking idiot. Sole is what supports your shoe dimwit. Or a type a fish.......which would probably match your personality or rather lack thereof. Or the bottom of your foot. Jesus Christ. :roll:
Bloke you have nothing constructive or insightful to say, just meaningless attacks that illustrate your closed and dull mind. Many people are spending a great deal of time here to educate and share experiences from actual daily life.

If it makes you feel any better I dont drive a Rangerover, I dont even own a car.. I practice what I preach, I have almost died many times from Malaria when I was younger using doc chemicals like cloroquin, primiquin etc etc Fed antibiotics and other drugs in school left me more unhealthy to say the least. Now like many others I use herbs and other natural methods to prevent/cure Malaria and to just stay healthy in general.

Anyway this is well off topic, clearly your here just to stir the pot with uninformed BS. I have had friends jailed in Indo for speaking up against RC's activities, accompany this with his future intentions for surfing in the Mentz and wherever else he can get his hands on, and we see the Soul of Surfing ripped out from its ancestral roots....
I know you don't drive a Range Rover hipster.:roll: But at least you can spell "soul" correctly. But to say it again Hippy for you dope affected brain there have been massive advancements in medical technology and pharmacy etc that shouldn't be written off by some condescending herbal dreamer. Sure herbs and natural medicines are great in SOME cases but pal if you were involved in a major accident it would be MODERN medicine that would save your life not some plant extract from the jungles of Brazil.

Closed mind??.......you're the one that's writing off the "alternatives" hippycite.

And KK no-one really cares about your stupid marriage problems pal.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:08 am

kreepykrawly wrote:By the way am not anti doctors, I in fact have great respect for doctors but there are always alternatives and they don’t have all the answers.
And neither do naturopaths, nor traditional herbal-oriented medicine people in Africa, Indonesia, South America or anywhere else.

You don't need to be blind to the supposed Evils of the Western World to note that lifespans, infant mortality rates, and the occurrence of infectious diseases -- including those prevented by vaccination -- are radically better in wealthy Western nations with access to modern medical facilities and care, than in third world nations.

Where I wonder does neurosurgery fit in to the grand scheme of things...or statin drugs....or orthopaedic surgery...or beta blockers...or effective diagnostic procedures...or about a billion other extraordinary and highly effective products of the past 250 years of medical research?

I just think that most modern Western medical procedures, taken as a whole, are some of humanity's finest achievements. Yeah they're all works in progress, but that's no excuse to diss 'em irrationally -- though goodness knows it's a well-worn marketing technique of alternative health practitioners.

Re "doctors", we have a family GP, she is an extraordinarily intelligent, semi-obsessive woman who knows all our family secrets and health backgrounds, who takes it all into account even when checking a minor flu, and who NEVER lets you out of her surgery in less than 45 minutes. I'd trust her with my life in a second -- and with that of my kids. I imagine most of her patient roster would say the same.

mentawaifusion
regular

Stop Pokin Dark Chocolate Uphill

Post by mentawaifusion » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:46 am

hippy wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
This forum will only drag itself out of the gutter when the members have the courage to identify themselves... Hippy, what on earth are you talking about? Are you saying Rick threw people in jail? Your friends? For speaking their minds? You should have taken the penicillin insta dat papaya leaf tea.... you musta caught a disease of the mind little fella. I know Rick's history and you are talking total BS. Name the friends or pull ya head in you unnatural twisted sicko. (now do you still think that I am Rick... ha ha)

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:47 am

MrsKK has gone to work and will answer your concerns tonight.

All I can say at this point is that I very rarely visit a doctor unless I break bones or tear soft bits.
The same goes for MrsKK and mini-me KK.
Even when kids where getting sick right left and centre at mini-me KK’s kindy …he wasn’t. (Touch wood)

While NC and family visit there local GP once a week for ailments….. KK and family is off having BBQ’s and hot stone massages.
There must be something in it. :D

P.S Butt Face f-g git
You obviously haven’t met pancakes …my pet sole.
I’m selling him because mini-me KK has been getting nightmares since Steve was killed by a ray.

PSS Hippy
re edited my post after reading what you wrote about him. Personally i would never be involved in getting anyone sent to jail even if i am a rational recidivists. :lol:

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Re: Stop Pokin Dark Chocolate Uphill

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:04 am

mentawaifusion wrote:
This forum will only drag itself out of the gutter when the members have the courage to identify themselves... ect ect

(now do you still think that I am Rick... ha ha)
:roll:

Want to start the ball rolling with your name Mr Courage ?

Grant Moss
Grommet

Post by Grant Moss » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:13 am

Geez I don't understand all this aggro to Mentawifusion.

All you guys bagging him obviously don't understand what travel in the 70's & 80's was all about.

Back then travel was a competition. The person who stayed away the longest and went to the most isolated off the beaten track places with the smallest grubstake was the winner. Anyone who left Aus for less than 6 months was a pretender who should hang with the 2 week turnaround Seppos.

Travellers did all sorts of scams to get an extra few bucks to stay that little bit longer or to get another country's stamp in their passport. This included selling "stolen" travellers cheques that had already been replaced by the banks, insurance claims, smuggling contraband, or, heaven forbid, setting up businesses!!

Guys like Mentawifusion who haven't permanently returned home to Aus are the undisputed winners. Accept it and get over your petty jealousies.

All this sanctimonious whinging about "corruption" is total hypocritical crap.
How many of you have had to slip some overseas official some backsheesh to get off being caught with a joint, or to get through customs with an overstayed visa, or even just to get on board a "full" plane or boat? If you haven't then you belong on the sanitised 2 week turnaround Seppo tourist routes your sad lives obviously restrict you to..... But if you have, then maybe you should shut the fcuk up.

Have any of you tried doing business in SE Asia WITHOUT greasing someone's palms? Take it from me, it don't work.

I knew Sydney was the mind surfing capital of the world, but the new age Vatican of Personal Integrity???????? PLEEEAAASSSSSE!!!!!!!!!!!
Get off the computer & go outside there's better things to do out there.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:20 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
You don't need to be blind to the supposed Evils of the Western World to note that lifespans, infant mortality rates, and the occurrence of infectious diseases -- including those prevented by vaccination -- are radically better in wealthy Western nations with access to modern medical facilities and care, than in third world nations.
One of the most common errors in reasoning is confusing cause and effect.
There's a very strong argument backed by solid evidence from NGO's that most of the attributable increases in these indices are caused by access to clean water, reasonable housing and decent food IE the development of basic economies that lead to a middle class.
By the same logic we don't attribute the increase in heart disease,diabetes, autism, suicide and depression in western countries to improved medical care.
By the next generation it's looks highly likely that life expectancy will decrease in western countries due to obesity-related disorders.
On the subject of the Mentawais it seems that given the choice third world communities seem to inevitably choose to develop economies if given a choice........just like white people.
Developing stable democracies and robust economies is probably better for the majority of people in the thirld world in terms of their health and well-being than a few stray surfers passing through.
I think the Indonesian way of maintaining land ownership and taking bules on as partners to provide capital is preferable to the Aussie way were foreign investment is much less regulated.
Steve

mentawaifusion
regular

Clarity in a Herbal Haze.....

Post by mentawaifusion » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:30 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
kreepykrawly wrote:By the way am not anti doctors, I in fact have great respect for doctors but there are always alternatives and they don’t have all the answers.
And neither do naturopaths, nor traditional herbal-oriented medicine people in Africa, Indonesia, South America or anywhere else.
Well said Nick. (If you are actually Nick) :-) Mentawai shamen or Sikkerai have a storehouse of knowledge about the curative powers of herbs and forest products in their islands. They distribute it free (in exchange for a meal anytime they pass by) and they are not considered to be authorities when it comes to community decisions (they have not leveraged their knowledge into power over others)

The problems they face daily fall into four categories:

1. There are not enough Kerais to go round these days... there are fewer young men interested in following their traditional path and so the knowledge base is dying.

2. Western diseases like Measles kill Mentawai people of all ages because they have zero immunity due to their isolation.

3. Simple injuries kill lots of people by infection. We help people every week who would otherwise die from blood poisoning or gangrene.

4. The Kerai cant operate. Mothers who need a Caesarean to have a child die with the child. Tumors kill people. There are no surgeons in the Mentawais (apart from Dr Derek of Toppodoc)

Hippy might be able to survive in Aus in his herbal bliss but that kind of wooly thinking wont work in the Ments. An enlightened combo is the answer. Education, prevention, immunization for western diseases, a detailed study of Sikkerai knowledge before it is gone and medical teams with modern equipment who visit would be a good start.

This is not an "either or" problem. The best of western medicine combined with the Sikkerai's depth of local knowledge seems like an exciting opportunity for everyone to learn.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:49 am

kreepykrawly wrote: You obviously haven’t met pancakes …my pet sole.
I’m selling him because mini-me KK has been getting nightmares since Steve was killed by a ray.
I wouldn't mind "Pancakes" for lunch with a nice glass of a 1787 vintage Sauternes from Château Yquem just quietly and a lovely view of Pittwater with my favourite mobster.

Oh shit I'm starting to sound like someone I know. 8)

mentawaifusion
regular

Post by mentawaifusion » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:56 am

kreepykrawly wrote:
mentawaifusion wrote:
This forum will only drag itself out of the gutter when the members have the courage to identify themselves... ect ect

Hippy and DarK identify themselves first, then me, then everyone else. Fair?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Clarity in a Herbal Haze.....

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:16 pm

mentawaifusion wrote:Well said Nick. (If you are actually Nick) :-)
Yep that's me. No issues with ID.

Steve, look I'm not blind to all of that, I'm intensely alive to the farcical irony of obesity among the lower middle classes in rich Western nations... but Western medicine is not causing obesity or depression either... and lack of good medical care is NOT helping the infant mortality rate in third world nations.

btw Dr Derek and Dazza's outcome (ie survival, stability, a chance to get on with life) are direct outcomes of Western technology and medical intervention.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:18 pm

mentawaifusion wrote:Re: Stop Pokin Dark Chocolate Uphill
kreepykrawly wrote:
mentawaifusion wrote:

Ok I'm Rocco Siffredi an actor from Northern Italy.

mentawaifusion
regular

Post by mentawaifusion » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:55 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:
mentawaifusion wrote:Re: Stop Pokin Dark Chocolate Uphill
kreepykrawly wrote:
mentawaifusion wrote:

Ok I'm Rocco Siffredi an actor from Northern Italy.
And I am Rudi Gusti Agung, Sultan of Enganno....... so lets just carry on with Hippy and DarK wondering if I'm also Rick's alter ego. There is no moderation in this forum that I can see and without and umpire, this is just a slugfest. The Globasurfers forum is way more interesting than this. Check out "we find em virgins and we leave em whores"
Last edited by mentawaifusion on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:19 pm

mentawaifusion wrote:There is no moderation in this forum that I can see and without and umpire, this is just a slugfest. The Globasurfers forum is way more interesting than this. Check out "we find em virgins and we leave em ruffy"
Wow that sounds so kweel!! :roll: Well go back to The Blobasurfers forum then NancyBoy. Slugfest or not - at least there is some originality and satire on this site hence the name "REAL" surfers.