Sharemarket and Global Meltdown. How has it effected you?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Butts

Post by Butts » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Natho wrote:^^^ Well some of em do surf in fact. I surf now and then with a couple of em.

But they ride mini mals and are total kooks. Great for dropping in on.
Natho :shock: YOUR one of THEM :shock: :shock: :evil: :P :x :x :x

Papa, your an idiot if you listen to Salty. Working for CBA does not give you CREDENCE,
I used to work for them :wink:
BNB is down 16.9% today :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Salty, suck a dick :P :twisted:

papa
regular

Post by papa » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:51 pm

TMC wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
TMC wrote:
bonusbeats wrote:
TMC wrote:On a personal level i am not as affected as others will be. I work in the hospitality industry servicing the top end of town so my job is pretty much assured...
you're kidding, right?
Haha mate it's a recession. Where is the first place people turn when depressed?
Domino's Pizza I would imagine not the so called "top end of town" but I could be wrong. Prob not tho.
Haha maybe thats appropriate for women, however in my experience I would say they hit the bottle more than anything.
I agree with the bottle, but not the 'top end of town' bottle! I'd be a little worried if I was a bartender at some fancy place in town (say stabbos or something)... I was in London last week and they had shut down one of the major restaurants in Canary Wharf (where most of the banks are) because no-one went out anymore! Let alone to 'Top end of town' establishments! Anyway.... No more Coopers pale for me.. back to the green marine tinnies! go VB! :cry: :lol:

Natho
barnacle

Post by Natho » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:40 pm

No papa I don't work in the industry.

If I did i would probably still be heavily invested in the market and sitting on massive paper losses right now :wink:

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Butts wrote:[

Papa, your an idiot if you listen to Salty. Working for CBA does not give you CREDENCE,
:
shush....lets keep it quiet

his parents think his got a respectable job :arrow:

mopping floors in a whore house :shock:

sorry salty :wink: :lol:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:33 pm

Ringmaster wrote:
dinosaur wrote: since when has coopers pale been a top end of town beer? Thats whats so good about it. the best australian made beer, one of the best in the world and very much not top end of town.
He obviously confused it with COOPERS SPARKLING :idea: which sits comfortably on the top shelf of beers.

If this 'recession' really does kick in and affect us all, I'll start skipping meals before I trade down to some disgusting working man's swill like V.B.................
VB :arrow: Waste of good aluminium and glass.

papa
regular

Post by papa » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:50 pm

dinosaur wrote:
papa wrote:
TMC wrote:
Buff_Brad wrote:
TMC wrote: Haha mate it's a recession. Where is the first place people turn when depressed?
Domino's Pizza I would imagine not the so called "top end of town" but I could be wrong. Prob not tho.
Haha maybe thats appropriate for women, however in my experience I would say they hit the bottle more than anything.
I agree with the bottle, but not the 'top end of town' bottle! I'd be a little worried if I was a bartender at some fancy place in town (say stabbos or something)... I was in London last week and they had shut down one of the major restaurants in Canary Wharf (where most of the banks are) because no-one went out anymore! Let alone to 'Top end of town' establishments! Anyway.... No more Coopers pale for me.. back to the green marine tinnies! go VB! :cry: :lol:
since when has coopers pale been a top end of town beer? Thats whats so good about it. the best australian made beer, one of the best in the world and very much not top end of town.
Yum. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4wfgi9hGx1o

papa
regular

Post by papa » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:54 pm

Natho wrote:No papa I don't work in the industry.

If I did i would probably still be heavily invested in the market and sitting on massive paper losses right now :wink:
Maybe you've missed your calling then mate!

Alas my 'paper' losses are mounting. Although, if BHP looked good at $45, It looks AWESOME at $27! hahaha :P :lol: :lol:

Hano
Local

Post by Hano » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:47 am

papa wrote:back to the green marine tinnies! go VB! :cry: :lol:
vb! i would'nt poison my weeds with it. i would'nt put them through the agony
Last edited by Hano on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:44 am

I am more than happy to drink poor mans swill. $32 a carton of stubbies is fine by me.

papa
regular

Post by papa » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:33 am

-7.9%... great. Here we go again

bc
charger

Post by bc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:50 am

Spoon wrote:I am more than happy to drink poor mans swill. $32 a carton of stubbies is fine by me.
Tooheys new cans - $35 for 30.
And you can make a wizard stick from them when you go camping.

bonusbeats
Local

Post by bonusbeats » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:15 am

if it all goes belly up, i'll just call myself a soul surfer and live in a cave at tamarama. i think i've watched enough george greenough movies to know how's it done.
Last edited by bonusbeats on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:16 am

IT appears as though today is going to be another shockerr on the market with predictions of another 6% loss of the all ords afte the dow traded down over 7% and sydney futures trading down 300 odd points this morning...I thinkthat this is going to be a bumpy road or quite a while now given that the average turn around of a bear market is about 3 years plus.

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:46 am

dinosaur wrote:
Spoon wrote:I am more than happy to drink poor mans swill. $32 a carton of stubbies is fine by me.
yes well it is cheaper than roundup. I think i'd rather drink that though.
Fcuk it shits me .... I may have to go down from Plzeňský Prazdroj to Peronis. Bloody cnuting market. :evil:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:59 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:Bloody cnuting market. :evil:
What, 30c in the dollar from Opes doesn’t cut it, BadBuff?

“Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something.”

This might make you laugh, though.

I rear-ended a car this morning.

So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the other driver got out of his car.

You know how sometimes you just get so stressed and little things just seem funny?

Yeah, well I couldn't believe it.... he was a DWARF!!!

He stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, 'I AM NOT HAPPY!!!'

So, I looked down at him and said, 'Well, then which one are you?'

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:07 pm

Buff_Brad wrote:
dinosaur wrote:
yes well it is cheaper than roundup. I think i'd rather drink that though.
Fcuk it shits me .... I may have to go down from Plzeňský Prazdroj to Peronis. Bloody cnuting market. :evil:
I see ASIC is sniffing around ANZ, mucho grief in the market if the class action gets up.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:56 pm

I still remember very clearly the day when some Commonwealth Bank people came into our classroom and said we should all start up bank accounts. Because that's what people did. I was in Third Class or Fourth Class (okay, the memory isn't that clear) at Austinmer Public School, and everyone in my class started one up. I think my opening balance was 40c. Probably everyone's was. Maybe the kids who lived up on Hill Street and Foothills Road started off with $2.00 or something. The Commonwealth Bank people told us our accounts would grow, just like that. When I took my bank book home and showed Dad, he got mad: 'Crooks! Conmen! ****!' That sort of thing. I got the message and grew up thinking making money doing nothing is a scam and a steal - stealing from someone. I don't know what I think now. No, yes I do - I still think that way. Haha, no I don't I don't know! Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!