Will kelly come back for the 10th

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Jimi
Local

Will kelly come back for the 10th

Post by Jimi » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:35 am

So the freak wins another one, 5 events out of 7. And kelly and bruce irons are the only tour surfers who have won an event.
Has Slater really deserved all these wins or is he overscored?
Is NC right when he said in another thread that to beat Kelly you have to smash him, or the close calls will go his way.

Kerrzy looks to be in a good position to qualify for the CT next year, sitting in 4th on the QS.
I reckon he'd be frothing to get to surf with dane reynolds and jordy. They were ripping at Trestles.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:54 am

this is funny sh!t. He won AGAIN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone can just stop competing now.

wanto
barnacle

Post by wanto » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:39 am

it'd be funny if he retired after winning his round 3 heat next event (i'm guessing that's all he needs to seal it)

it'd be funnier if he retired tomorrow ...

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:43 am

Would have liked to have seen a clean sweep. Thanks for nothing Bruce and the chopes bloke who doesn't count. :twisted:

So what happens now, they just have a big piss up for the rest of the year? Why show up?

Nuttman

Post by Nuttman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Taj got so ripped in the final..
Check the highlights!! slater was sooo overscored
:evil: :x

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:10 pm

why show up?
To surf world class waves with only one other guy out - do you need other reasons?
Looking at those super fun waves at Lowers I am now considering my own assault on the CT........
OK - I considered it and I was tripping! But you look at those waves and you can mind surf your way in to the final against Taj and Kelly

daisy
regular

Post by daisy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:00 pm

i know there was a bit of a gap between sets, but i thought this was pretty bizarre:
To add insult to Burrow’s injury, the final was five minutes longer than the standard ASP final which is usually 35-minutes in duration. Slater talked Burrow and the contest director into lengthening the heat before they paddled out and that was the difference today.

“We went over and talked to Snips (contest director Mike Parsons) before the heat,” Slater said. “Taj wanted to do a 35-minute heat and I said,‘Why don’t we do a 40 minute final, we’ve got all the time in the world this afternoon.’ If we had done a 35-minute heat I would have lost.”
i would have thought the rules were pretty fixed? Taj must be pissed at himself for agreeing to the freak's suggestion

Chong
regular

Post by Chong » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:25 pm

I reckon there will be a few pros who have "issues" that crop up preventing them from going to Brazil (not exactly world class)

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Just watching the highlights of this contest and the surfing was some of the best I've seen all year from the WCT guys.

It seems like finally some of the conservative turns have been left behind for committed risky turns and airs. Rather than five or six hacks down the line there has been heaps of variation. I wonder if a few of them are beginning to surf the way they want to, rather than just enough to get through, since the pressure for the title race has been taken away.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:09 pm

barstardos wrote:why show up?
To surf world class waves with only one other guy out - do you need other reasons?
What, with 44 of your best mates that happen to be :shock: No thanks B-man, how’s MrsB and the little B-ette?