YOU ARE ALL HEATHENS! With the introduction of Mark 4:37-41

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

dunnc
regular

Post by dunnc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:12 pm

coolone wrote:Why do people always say in a time of crisis “God help me”?

There must be some semblance of belief in God in all of us for us to utter those words….. So why do we live a life of denial?
I've never uttered such a thing, in a time of crisis it is the last thing that I would say :lol:

creased
Local

Post by creased » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:25 pm

dunnc wrote:
coolone wrote:Why do people always say in a time of crisis “God help me”?

There must be some semblance of belief in God in all of us for us to utter those words….. So why do we live a life of denial?
I've never uttered such a thing, in a time of crisis it is the last thing that I would say :lol:
My old man still says "GOD STRIKE ME PINK!" when he fcuks up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops:

Communism :roll:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:43 pm

coolone wrote:Our mortal lives are spent in Lucifer’s den but we soon seek Gods council when we knock on heavens door.

Why do we criticize him so? Why do we condemn him so? Why do we blame him for our misfortunes?
Lucifer doesn't exist, even if you going around saying that lucifer's greatest trick is to make you think he doesn't exist, he still doesn't exist.

That's 'counsel', you fool, not 'council'.

And here is the big question, why do you want me to worship this being?

Why worship, ffs? Anything, anything but worship.

cs
regular

Post by cs » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 pm

is it just me, or is there nothing more annoying than listening to a seppo constantly repeating "oh my god" when they are watching something fcuk up??

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:52 pm

All I know is that Jesus is real.
Here he is.
Hello beautiful. :)

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:02 pm

Coops@DY wrote:All I know is that Jesus is real.
Here he is.
Hello beautiful. :)
youse been holding a torch to ya testicle ala Creased, sCoops?

creased
Local

Post by creased » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:05 pm

cs wrote:is it just me, or is there nothing more annoying than listening to a seppo constantly repeating "oh my god" when they are watching something fcuk up??
Oh My God! the house is gone

still here
charger

Post by still here » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:46 pm

coolone wrote: Why do people always say in a time of crisis “God help me”?

Answering your questions ....
1) Because when we've run out of faith in our own ability to right every wrong and take control of our lives we have no other choice than to seek refuge in something other than ourselves . It's easier .

2) We live a life of denial becaiuse when we feel (as opposed to actually being ) in control of our destiny , we'd like to take our own praise for mastering our destiny .

So when it all comes down to perception ..... how're you feeling ?

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:58 pm

coolone wrote:If all those horrible people had believed then they wouldn’t have suffered so much.
:shock:

One of the good things to come out of this religion is that it created retreats for devout worshippers to tuck themselves away, removed from the rest of society. However the devout ones are good people and by removing themselves from the rest of society they create a higher percentage of the unworthy followers in society.

These unworthy dance between hypocritical, ignorance and stupidity, depending on level and quality of education.

bumfluff
Owl status

Post by bumfluff » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:03 pm

Jimi wrote:
bumfluff wrote:Jokes aside, IMO there has to be a god. How could everything we see, feel and touch just "be"? Its rediculous to think that the world just happened from some random big bang.
your being extremely closed minded and downright stupid to think a god existed before there was anything else, (in what medium did this god exist? What was the 'nothingness' that existed in order for this god to exist before there was anything else?

A big bang is no harder to believe in than a magical being and creator of all.
Hey, I dont claim to have all the answers, its just what I think. I wonder who made god etc all the time. I also struggle to beleive most of the stuff written in the bible because to us its so "out there" and irrelivent to modern day living.

I came across a website on near death experiences which was far more be acceptable to me than the bible. They are all remarkabley similar and told from the horses mouth. Sure some of these poeple may be making this stuff up, but you would be surprised what some athiests say when they've flatlined and find themselves heading toward a bright light, still completely aware of whats going on around them. I dunno, to me this is far more beleivable than some scientist who claims that two attoms just collided and here we are. Thats a bit too convenient for me. It was only a few hundred years ago that they were claiming the earth was flat. Do you know how many times they change their mind as to when exactly this big bang happened? Pfffffff......

coolone

Post by coolone » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:04 pm

It seems the likes of NC, Still Here, Coops, Oldman,TMC and co. need some answers to their questions.

And to all others that need explaining about the existence of evil in our world. ie why shit goes down.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things".
—Isaiah 45:7

and TMC if i could prove that God exists then there would be no room for judgement on our actions.

We would all be good.

Would'nt we ?

In my honest opinion I perceive Still Here to be totally off the planet.

elbows
Grommet

Post by elbows » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:08 pm

to quote Mrs Cartman
"poopykins, it's time to stop preaching damnation to everyone sweety"

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:44 pm

bumfluff wrote:
Jimi wrote:
bumfluff wrote:Jokes aside, IMO there has to be a god. How could everything we see, feel and touch just "be"? Its rediculous to think that the world just happened from some random big bang.
your being extremely closed minded and downright stupid to think a god existed before there was anything else, (in what medium did this god exist? What was the 'nothingness' that existed in order for this god to exist before there was anything else?

A big bang is no harder to believe in than a magical being and creator of all.
Hey, I dont claim to have all the answers, its just what I think. I wonder who made god etc all the time. I also struggle to beleive most of the stuff written in the bible because to us its so "out there" and irrelivent to modern day living.

I came across a website on near death experiences which was far more be acceptable to me than the bible. They are all remarkabley similar and told from the horses mouth. Sure some of these poeple may be making this stuff up, but you would be surprised what some athiests say when they've flatlined and find themselves heading toward a bright light, still completely aware of whats going on around them. I dunno, to me this is far more beleivable than some scientist who claims that two attoms just collided and here we are. Thats a bit too convenient for me. It was only a few hundred years ago that they were claiming the earth was flat. Do you know how many times they change their mind as to when exactly this big bang happened? Pfffffff......

When your that close to death, (flatlined) who knows whats can happen in the brain, dreaming...halucinations....the final shutting down of our brain and body. Another thing yet to be proven and we'll never know till we die ourselves. Though i reckon when we do die we wont know what is right cause we'll me dead, no conciousness will exist

Kunji
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Kunji » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:46 pm

and i dont believe some form of afterlife mean that a god exists

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Well there ya have it bumfluff. Just 'cause your brain can't imagine it, then it can't be.

Think about that one for a second.

Yeah that's right. The basis of religion is the human mind and its psychological structure. NOT the state of the Universe.

I be not one who'd condemn religion utterly on that basis...we're all in the same boat and we all live in delusions of one sort or another. The existence of religion across human social barriers is one of those deep levellers, one of those bittersweet signs of how connected we are to each other by our natures.

But as a guide to the external truth of things?? ...... No.

Felix
Local

Post by Felix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:15 pm

elbows
Grommet

Post by elbows » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:19 pm

yeah, religion is man-made. perhaps not his best creation.