Big East Swell September 6 2008 (video)

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

booter
Local

Big East Swell September 6 2008 (video)

Post by booter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:52 pm

Removed...
Last edited by booter on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:10 pm

i enjoyed that boots

shits all over anything crappy crawly posted :lol:

but i got say :arrow:

jetskis
:?:
are they just used now by guys who lack ability :idea:

jaws + jetski = exciting

semi point + jetski= :?

booter
Local

Post by booter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:14 pm

I'm not getting into that debate... but I will say one thing, it was pretty heavy. My shitty camera doesn't do it justice.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:16 pm

nice little vid booter ... decent waves and a good tune as well ... :D

I have to put this out there again though ... what the hell is going on with the towing in lately ... first KK captured a few guys at DY point at about 5', then there was the Url of Brunz with those guys towing into fat 4' , I witness the lamest exhibition of tow in's at collaroy, of all places :shock: today,... and now booters vid of tow in's again in easily paddlable waves ...

maybe I'm wrong but I thought towing in was about big (f'cking big) surf ... not everyday stuff ... isn't one of the most rewarding moves in surfing dropping into a good size wave :?: :idea: ... I just can't understand what is with this small wave tow in phenonomin, it just seems very, very , very lame to me ... but I'm happy to be educated ...

comments anyone .... :?:

Edit : I must've been typing as above was being posted ... obviously this is becoming an issue for concern ... a new breed of lame arses ... :roll:

Jimi
Local

Post by Jimi » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:19 pm

i agree with the towing thing, but then again I doubt if those guys would have made many of those waves without the ski.

booter
Local

Post by booter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:23 pm

It was bigger than it looks in the video, trust me.

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:38 pm

booter wrote:I'm not getting into that debate... .
soft cop out :!:

btw....how can it bigger than looks :?

or everytime someone with a jetski goes out that somehow make bigger than 6 ft

those guys
1...just got a new jet ski from mummy and couldn't wait for real conditions try out in
2...lack the ability paddle into those conditions

either way

there SOFT AND BIT MORE NAMING AND SHAMING OF THE CURERENT "I'VE GOT A JET SKI AND NOT SCARED TOW INTO SMALL WAVES with it"

MAY WELL

well hopefully...cull the soft cock trend thats taking over oz surfing
Jimi wrote:i agree with the towing thing, but then again I doubt if those guys would have made many of those waves without the ski.
yeah but the guys paddling out on the shoulder would have love em :!:

booter
Local

Post by booter » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:38 pm

jesus christ, I didn't see any of you knobs out there

Juzz

Post by Juzz » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 pm

anyone else witness the guys towing in at Narra this arvo?? :shock:

i agree, jet skis are becoming increasingly common in paddle in conditions.. but respect to the guy charging this afternoon,, he scored some of the biggest and heaviest pits i've ever seen on the northern beaches.. backhand!

not to mention some intense beatings :shock:

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:26 am

Those are decent-sized waves (South Coast?), certainly bigger than 5 feet (please don't start another wave size debate) but the critical question is:
"were there paddle-in surfers out there?"
If yes, as was the case in KK's recent DY point video, the tow-ins should not have been there, at least not within 200m of the paddle-ins.

Surfin Turf
Harry the Hat

Post by Surfin Turf » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:42 am

booter wrote:jesus christ, I didn't see any of you knobs out there
don't be so f'cking sensitive ... no one's criticising you're video, but if you're going to make a post people are going to make comment and express their opinion ... your video raises the subject of small / normal size wave towing in which seems to be becoming common ...

my opinion being : if you can paddle into it, there is no place for tow in's to be there ... it's dangerous for others, it's rude to mess up the surf and it's a pussies option for getting waves in normal size surf ... when it's too big or too gnarly to paddle in, then it's tow in time ...

GAV!N
regular

Post by GAV!N » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:27 am

was there anyone out there paddling in? If so, I don't see any reason why people should be towing in (and isn't it illegal to ride a jetski within 200m of swimmers/surfers or something??). It does look pretty solid in the vid, but i've surfed and seen 'that spot' (no one else has mentioned the name yet so i better not) many times before at that size, and yes it's heavy, but there's no need for jet ski's at that size. but like i said, if no one was out there paddling, then whatever tickles ya fancy

Realbooger
regular

Post by Realbooger » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:30 am

Lol dw Booter, I was there and it was fuckin big. Did you surf?
"What ever you can do I can do better."

booter
Local

Post by booter » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:38 pm

There was no one paddling in out there. East swell was making it a little sketch yesterday, plus the wind was howling. Also, this isn't some pussy fat as bommie we are talking about - don't forget that.

bohdidontsurf
Local

Post by bohdidontsurf » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:20 pm

booter wrote:There was no one paddling in out there. East swell was making it a little sketch yesterday, plus the wind was howling. Also, this isn't some pussy fat as bommie we are talking about - don't forget that.
Surely the issue here is whether is fucks up anyone else's surf? I have never towed not sure I really want to but if its not upseting anyone else, who gives a shit??? Isnt surfing about fun? I have seen pros tow and punt 2 foot, BECAUSE ITS FUN. This macho thing about paddling v towing is bullshit usually sproted by people who dont have the means to buy a ski. I say if it you by yourself or you ask guys in the line up if they mind, and they say they dont, then tow your ass off. The guys surfing didnt look like kooks to me, so I bet they could have paddled but preferred to tow. As long as they werent hurting anyone else, good on em.

christian
regular

Post by christian » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:21 pm

pretty sure that was the bra boys and koby- time bonython was taking shots of them towing in.
it was a lot heavier than it looks and a lot bigger, that footage is taken from what the road? a long way away..

booter
Local

Post by booter » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:25 pm

Correct - footage is taken from the road about 400m away with a crappy camera. Was raining too hard to be stuffed standing in it.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:51 pm

I have an issue with towing where they are. It is a pussy option big time, the wave is useless in these conditions, and towing isn't going to change that.

If they want to tow they should head round the other side of the headland to the deserted beach, or tow the island. Either that or koby and his mates can frock off back north and enjoy their daisy chain antics back in the bra.