Kelly Slater is an Idiot!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:I had a cat that got run over
Did ya hit it with True Light? :shock:

doowdle

Post by doowdle » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:17 pm

smnmntl wrote:
Tell me one thing, just one thing that Kelly Tard-Pants has said or done to address the plight of Palestinian refugees
does this count?

http://surfermag.com/features/onlineexc ... fforpeace/

getxo
Grommet

Post by getxo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:06 pm

doowdle wrote:
smnmntl wrote:

Tell me one thing, just one thing that Kelly Tard-Pants has said or done to address the plight of Palestinian refugees

does this count?

http://surfermag.com/features/onlineexc ... fforpeace/

Shocked god damn it... I stand corrected. OK then, Kelly is a legend

Doowdle, that was amazing. I think you've just finished off this thread.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Lou
Grommet

Post by Lou » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:48 pm

smnmntl wrote:
Lou wrote:My best friend's Dad had half his face blown off by a grenade
OK that's it right there

Lou is the coolest RS member
:D :shock: Honoured, but surely not worthy...I mean talk about vicarious- it's not like it was half my face, or even half my own Dad's face...

...anyway, guaranteed that Kreepy "look at me. Me! ME! MEEE!" Krawley will come back with a far bigger claim. Like how he blew half someone's face off with a grenade, or how he ran over NC's cat...

Cookie
regular

Post by Cookie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:09 pm

Lou wrote:
...anyway, guaranteed that Kreepy "look at me. Me! ME! MEEE!" Krawley will come back with a far bigger claim. Like how he blew half someone's face off with a grenade, or how he ran over NC's cat...
or lived for three months in a rolled up newspaper in a septic tank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqNGhcdtMbc

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Lou wrote:...anyway, guaranteed that Kreepy "look at me. Me! ME! MEEE!" Krawley will come back with a far bigger claim. Like how he blew half someone's face off with a grenade, or how he ran over NC's cat...
......or that he got gangbanged at the Midnight Shift.

marlowe
regular

Post by marlowe » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:34 pm

smnmntl wrote
Lucky Al wrote:
i'm worried that surfing heroes like kelly slater (idiot!) concern themselves too much with boards and babes and waves and their own public images as great surfers and handsome, daring adventurers (and travelling boardshorts salesmen). they don't read widely or thoughtfully enough and don't communicate well enough. they don't say or write things that inspire us and fascinate our imaginations or make us change our minds and think deeply about really important things or feel outraged at and prepared to do something to change injustices that were perpetrated in the past or are being perpetrated now and are making it possible for us to live the comfortable lives we live. i believe that every community needs its heroes, but the surfing community needs much better heroes than it has now.

I agree....surfing heroes today are rubbish
in support of which I offer the following gem taken from a photo caption in SW issue 289. (This was written by a pro surfer and may not reflect the opinions of the publisher) (one hopes).
...and there was bugger-all swell. I drank a lot of water, watched the Simpson's Movie, read On The Road, (it wasn't as good as the Simpson's Movie)...
Now I'm sure I'm sticking my neck out here, but I remember way back in the mists of time Miki Dora said something like... "When there are waves, I'm a surfer. When there aren't, I do other things." I guess the Simpson's Movie equivalent back then would have been...geez, it's a tough one, maybe Bambi, (which I'm told one might find very entertaining if in a suitably chemically enhanced state), but I'm damned sure Da Cat would never admit to watching it, let alone preferring it to Kerouac.

Kelly is not an idiot, but one can't help wondering if it ain't a case of the one-eyed man being king in the land of the blind.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 pm

marlowe wrote:Da Cat
I told you my cat got run over, you BASTARD (sob)

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Lou
I think that if your family was able to get their money out of Mugabe’s retirement fund you wouldn’t be so bitter. I believe you need to refocus your misaligned hatred.
Did you perhaps have a severe head injury at an early age ?

NC
I hate cats. They’re killing off all our natural fauna. If I got hold of your cat I would stick it in an industrial size microwave and nuke the mofo.
I can just see the Ringtail possum’s rejoicing as the cat goes POP.

BuffedBozo
There is no way on this earth I would even set one foot in that hell hole of human depravity. If that place was around 300 years ago and I was some kinda medieval tyrant… I would burn that place to the ground and have all patrons’ gutted “Braveheart” style.( I think i just got a little stiffy then :shock: )

Re Kelly Slater
May I suggest everyone watch Morning of the Earth to discover the true essence of surfing in all its Transcendental glory before it turned into a plastic homogenized clone project.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:04 pm

waiting for RV to jump on that last post....

marlowe
regular

Post by marlowe » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:36 pm

KK, do you realise that when you wrote
Did you perhaps have a severe head injury at an early age ?
you were a tiny typo away from an entirely ridiculous question that would result in pages and pages of bile and invective from your detractors? Perhaps that was your secret wish?

NC, sorry about your moggy. Just hope KK doesn't get his hands on the new one.

BB :shock: Look out, he's behind you!

Re M.O.T.E.
KK is perhaps REALLY a disgruntled OH&S officer who'll wait until we're all happily watching Brocky cover himself with itchy dust and then pounce and fine us thousands.

Do you think Sarah Maid of Albion's gonna guest star in the next Simpsons Movie?

marlowe
regular

Calling Nick Carroll

Post by marlowe » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:53 pm

NC. PUTIN HAS YOUR CAT!

NOW HERE'S ANOTHER ONE O'THEM LARGER THAN LIFE HEROES.
Just found this on NINEMSN
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=624138
Keywords highlighted here to hammer home my point.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has tried to boost his macho image by shooting tranquillisers at a Siberian tiger.

Putin, dressed in combat fatigues, was with a team of wildlife researchers in the Ussuri reserve in Russia's far east when the tiger escaped its harness and headed towards a television crew.

Armed with a tranquilliser gun, Putin shot at the tiger, which soon slumped to the ground.

Russian media hailed the prime minister's efforts as heroic.

"He immediately fired from a special gun which scientists use to immobilise animals, and hit the tigress in its shoulder blade," according to one reporter quoted in Britain's Daily Mail.

"The tigress was immediately sedated."

After the tiger was sedated, Putin helped measure its teeth and place a satellite tracking device around its neck.

However, some sceptics suggested the incident had been set up so the TV crew could capture the powerful image of Putin shooting the tiger.

Photos of the former Russian president in various action-man poses were flashed around the world several times last year.

One showed him stripped to the waist while fishing in Siberia.

After he finished grappling with the tiger, Putin played down moves by European Union leaders to increase diplomatic pressure on Russia over its violation of a ceasefire deal with Georgia.

"Whatever they might say there - right is on our side," Putin said.

Leaders from 27 EU states are due to hold emergency talks in Brussels on Monday and demand the immediate withdrawal of Russian troops to pre-war positions as well as condemn Moscow's recognition of the independence of breakaway South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Someone else can post the photos, but I'll say now if you haven't already 'seen 'em, Vlad looks cooler than Lou, buffer than Brad and meaner than KK. He's the man!

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:47 am

kreepykrawly wrote:
( I think i just got a little stiffy then :shock: )
"LITTLE" being the operative word.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Calling Nick Carroll

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:58 am

marlowe wrote: Vlad looks cooler than Lou, buffer than Brad and meaner than KK.
Yeah but is he on realsurf?

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:18 am

Since we are placing our “cool” cards on the table….I see Lou’s blown up face and I raise him one crocodile chewed up terrorist sans ears.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:29 am

(amusedly) can I tell ya, kk, "cool" requires your not claiming your coolness yourself.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:20 am

Very few of my mates (real ones you can touch (shut your face BB) know what I’ve got up to in the past…. but here on the anonymous www I can afford to offload years of pressurized nightmares and angst.
Why.. you ask ?
Because I don’t mind been judged by people that don’t matter.
Get It ?

(Amusedly) I will let you on to a little secret….. I’m banking on the fact that non of you will find any of what I say on here…."cool". (Unless you course you find a “chewed up terrorist”….“cool”….. In which case we might have a little more in common than I expected.) :lol:

I tell you what…. how about I swap an Angolan story for another Makaha big wave story? … I seem to have forgotten some of em.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeext……………..
Last edited by kreepykrawly on Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:59 am, edited 4 times in total.