Brazilian surfers

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Teepee
Grommet

Re: Brazilian surfers

Post by Teepee » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:28 am

JSB wrote:What happened Teepee, did you surf at DY recently ?
No my recent encounter was at Broken Head, same old story had a clean 4ft session intruded on by a group of around 6-8 brazzers. A swirling rage is building inside and funnily enough Im fairly easy going bloke never had any surf rage other than a couple stink eyes from my visits around the globe.

The Brazilian vibe is happening everywhere, even on TV watching Filipe Toledo get agro at Mason Ho as Mason clearly had nowhere to go and mind you nearly copped a set of fins to the head, what are we supposed to do roll out the red carpet for these tossers?
Also Adriano De Souzas fake dive/ drop in at snapper to cause interference on Flores. Just another form of unsportsmanlike junk, keep that garbage for The Soccer World Cup we don't want it in surfing, his bullshit excuse post interview was the worst part starting that he didn't see him........pleeeease I think this mentality shows across all groups of Brazilians at any surf spot world wide.
Jamie Obrien And Rodriguez in Tahiti the list goes on and on. Even a quieter group will still be on the hunt for a sneaky snake or two it's in their nature to be rude and sly.
I didn't even know this thread was this old I just jumped on the internet hoping to read some similar stories and I found this. Fancy getting a response after this long! Cheers fellas! PS - DY or Sydney is one place I have never surfer, I have heard the horror stories on the crowds down there. Drove up the east coast a few times though bypassed Sydney on each occasion.

JSB
regular

Post by JSB » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:30 am

Yeah Sydney is terrible, there are too many people let alone the packs of Brazillians being pests, just snake and drop in on them when they do it to you. I don't know how people could regulary surf places like the Superbank with those crowds. At least when it gets to a certain size most of the crowds dissappear.

Yeah that De Souza dive was weak, I still can't believe he won Bells last year.

purple pyramids
barnacle

Post by purple pyramids » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:59 am

surfing in sydeny is fine...people know how to surf in crowds and generally don't drop in. anyway, any wave of note up the coast is more crowded than sydney. the points are just ridiculous.

but you're just looking on the downside. think of the upside to drop-ins...once someone drops in on you, you have free rein to take all their waves after that. i couldn't believe my luck the other day when a longboarder dropped in on me on my first wave.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:50 am

De Souza was well within his rights, watch the whole heat and Flores drops in on him using priority a couple of times.
Flores should've kicked off earlier, De Souza should've taken off earlier to make sure Flores knew he was using priority but it wasn't a dirty move.
If you ask me his reaction was typical Frenchy, get aggro and sooky after the other side actually stood up to them.

I reckon De Souza is a great surfer, try and get past the prejudice and watch the contortion and the critical nature of his turns.
He does look a bit forced at times, but the critical nature of his turns rival those of Slater. In big walled up rights he is very nice to watch.

Medina is another who has improved his style dramatically. He still looks like a poor man's Taylor Knox through turns but at least it doesn't look like he's sitting on a council bus stop all the time.

I surfed Broken a fair bit over the last few weeks, I got dropped in on by far more 'local' blokes with bushranger beards than Brazzos.
Apparently there is this affliction where one of the beard hairs grows inward and causes a stroke on the left side of the face, making them blind and deaf on one side.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Yeah I didn't say he was good to watch, but that he was a great surfer.
I hate his little wiggle in the middle of his bottom turns, in waves where he doesn't need to do that like Bells and J-Bay I reckon he looks a lot better.
He also looks a lot better from the water angle. Although at Greenmount that can mean he's snaked you...

Have to say I hadn't considered the interference angle.
Didn't John John have a few called on him in the early rounds as well?

JSB
regular

Post by JSB » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Yeah Pupo and Medina have much better style, they also don't consistently choose the smaller inside ones too.
Yeah De Souza went out of the way to get that interference, which justs seems low even to me. :-o

I reckon in ASP comps if someone claims on a wave that is less than a 9 they should be deducted a point.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Not on the point, and not by regulars.
that closeout section on the inside.

what board are you on, merkin?

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:50 pm

How can a race that has so many trannies act so tough, as pack creatures they wouldn't be out of place racing cars down the strip at Rockdale on a Saturday night, but they ain't to bad in the surf, I dropped in on a brazzer the other day and gave me a " how ironic" wry smile when I said sorry (or did I say go and get f$cked tourist, can't remember).

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:33 pm

Davros wrote:How can a race that has so many trannies act so tough, as pack creatures they wouldn't be out of place racing cars down the strip at Rockdale on a Saturday night, but they ain't to bad in the surf, I dropped in on a brazzer the other day and gave me a " how ironic" wry smile when I said sorry (or did I say go and get f$cked tourist, can't remember).
:lol:

trannies can be tough, in a fem/cat way :roll:

No really Brazilian drug syndicate hmmm