Could he have made it ????????

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

ac2026
regular

Could he have made it ????????

Post by ac2026 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:31 am

2nd Reef
Harry the Hat

Post by 2nd Reef » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:50 am

I dunno if he would have but it's fun to imagine isn't it?

Actually I don't think it'll be too long before one of those Tassie lads finds himself in a similar situation and puts the pedal to the metal and takes on the steps. That Mikey Brennan fella has been sticking some wild ones of late - that's gotta boost their confidence that it can be done.

Seems like there's a bit of a push going in with Tassie surfers at the moment. They've got a gung-ho crew and the waves to match.

Realbooger
regular

Post by Realbooger » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:10 am

AHAHAHAH, I can think of some pretty awful ways it could of ended. However I think it could of been done.
"What ever you can do I can do better."

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:03 pm

there would have been one hell of a step or steps a few frames ahead!

surely the photographer got a few more shots of that wave breaking?

spongeInside
Local

Post by spongeInside » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:35 pm

damn that's heavy...

I wonder why he's shoulder hopping though.. if BP or Winny were out there they'd be taking off that step on the inside :lol:

Edit:

It would be something like this.. (green line = standup, red (more ballsy) line = lid)

ps. the 'X' on the red line symbolises the ever important crossing of the legs mid rotation.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:59 pm

I reckon he flicks off. He has that look of hesitation about him like he has realised that it is a bad idea, or he's out of league and no good can come from this. There is no ears pinned back or stance to charge the face. Kudos for getting out there and taking off in the first place though he is much braver than I. :oops:

northeasterly
regular

Post by northeasterly » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:11 pm

I'd say the question is "Do you think he can made it pullling off the back of this thing" Like has been said by saltman, he is standing on what will be the lip in about 1 second. A quick trip over the falls from hell is on the cards.

And then when he's pulled off you can only imagine what's behind it.

Hats off to the bloke for even having a sniff.

spongeInside
Local

Post by spongeInside » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:49 pm

disregarding the 'proper' method for wave height measurement, it was interesting to see how many times overhead this was.. (even though he's in a crouching stance)

and for those that look closely, it appears he grew some balls the size of most lidders and magically made his way over to the real part of the wave :D

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:00 pm

12-15ft if we are even gonna bother going into that shit.

Oh and he pulled off safely and probably had his tow team to get him out of there if another one was gonna steam roll him although you'd think he would only go the last wave of the sets if you in conditions like that and have the luxury of chooseing.

Then again is brad hughes was out there he would have pulled in ridden the foamball and popped out in the channel... :lol:

p.s. adam durant would go :roll:

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Spongeinside its people like you that have converted me over to surfing in suitable waves...
just embarrasing, let smnmntl have his go, obviously both boogs and surfers can go shippies its up to the individual as to how he wants to approach it...
Im sure most of us wouldnt go that wave anyway...

Unless i had an epic hollogram winny signed board with sick as church hills with laces...
yew :oops: :roll:

Revolution
Snowy McAllister

Post by Revolution » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:24 pm

stylefirst wrote:Spongeinside its people like you that have converted me over to surfing in suitable waves...
just embarrasing, let smnmntl have his go, obviously both boogs and surfers can go shippies its up to the individual as to how he wants to approach it...
I think/hope he is actually taking the piss out of the said boogers you are bagging.

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Revolution wrote:
stylefirst wrote:Spongeinside its people like you that have converted me over to surfing in suitable waves...
I think/hope he is actually taking the piss out of the said boogers you are bagging.
I hope so too

smackthatlip
regular

Post by smackthatlip » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:28 pm

I reckon he made the right choice getting out of there. If he was going to jump the step he'd want to be going over it right as the shot was taken. If he would've gone he'd be looking at top to bottom freefall then Davey Jone's locker. Would be good to see some shots of Paul Morgan from that sesh. Love seeing my fellow goofies charging that place. Makes me doubly embarassed to have snapped my favourite board today on a 2ft'er :oops:

spongeInside
Local

Post by spongeInside » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:05 pm

Revolution wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Buff_Brad
barnacle

Post by Buff_Brad » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:10 am

I'd love to see how that wave would be ridden in 100 years from now.

He definitely would gotten air ..... whether he would've made it? Prob not.

kreepykrawly
Owl status

Post by kreepykrawly » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:08 am

SpongeInside
Your dreamin’
More like this

Still better than surfing Lake Jindy

Resident Kane

Post by Resident Kane » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:07 am

a larger shot