the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

lessormore
barnacle

More The Merrier- Travel Diary-1 day to go!

Post by lessormore » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:09 am

No chance of getting the bat out today(browny points required on Fathers Day) But----this is lookin goooooood!(the red blob between Oz & NZ)

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/ww3_cgi/cgi- ... swl_wav_ht

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Re: More The Merrier- Travel Diary-1 day to go!

Post by mustkillmulloway » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:32 pm

lessormore wrote:No chance of getting the bat out today(browny points required on Fathers Day) ]
hey look....i'm stoked see the fatbat on hoildays

she desrves it :!:

i mean ever since she left qld shes been used and abused ( ok..i admit sdc showed her some tender loving and cool graphics)

but she must be tired

i'm sure the tropics will do her world good 8) can u put her in a deckchair on the beach with a drink :idea: now theres a photo :lol:

but this browny points on father day bit :shock:

mate...mate

you got it all wrong

IT'S OUR DAY TOO CALL the SHOTS :idea:

and yep.....i'm just about go cook tea cause shes tired from having walk out the point watch me surf :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s thats a cool quiver your packing....let us know how the afterburner goes :?:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:54 pm

yeah, the holiday will add something to her journey , she has never been on a plane or boat before let alone surfing hollow reef waves, she will go alright over there, she is a bit of a goer and likes a challenge...she has been a busy girl and the hol will do her good coz she has alot MORE travelling to do yet...she will be in Syd for a while when she lands back here, then heading further south as the water warms up a bit...she doesnt have many riders south of the Gong area, only 1 in Vicco ( she doesnt wanna go there coz it doesnt barrell :roll: ), 2 keen starters in SA and maybe 1 or 2 in the far west...so need a few MORE down south and in the west...???? like the pic idea Fong, maybe we can get creative and do some weird pics, be good laugh at end of her journey..... :)

lessormore
barnacle

More The Merrier- Travel Diary-0 days to go!

Post by lessormore » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:25 am

The batcave doors just come down-the wheels are spinnin & we're outa here!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 am

we havent got any test pilots organized for when the AquaBat gets bak from her OS holidayin about a week , if you are keen , shoot me a PM...cheers 8)

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:33 am

Is it coming back via Sydney Mark? The airport isn't far away.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:16 pm

yeah, it will hang around Sydney for as long as there is keen surfers who want to have it for a while...before continuing on its journey...even anyone else going on a hol....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:44 pm

there is a small write up and a link on the ASL news section of their site now ...I e-mailed every surf related magazine in the country and ASL were the only one to reply, all the others too good or we 're not worthy :roll: should have some sick pics to check out in 4 or 5 days 8)

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:24 pm

pridmore wrote:there is a small write up and a link on the ASL news section of their site now ...I e-mailed every surf related magazine in the country and ASL were the only one to reply, all the others too good or we 're not worthy :roll: should have some sick pics to check out in 4 or 5 days 8)
They’d “run it ’til ya sell it!” if you offered your left testicle, or otherwise known as advertising contract.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:39 pm

I get the same with TV. Everyone loves the story but are reluctant to committ. I reckon I am close but I think it will need a push when it gets back. Radio could also give it some publicity. Don should have a go and then a tlak, also jtv Simon, any contacts?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:19 pm

thanks for puttin it out there Spoon, ...I'm of the opinion ,if it happens ,it happens..I hope it does but its outta my control so just wait and see...cheers

I have just bought some blank tee's and plan to do a run of shirts for the project. Any screen printers out there that wanna do a deal ??? the artwork is almost complete and just trying to work out how the tee's should work...( should they only be available to those involved or to anybody or should they be sold at a profit and donate the money made to surfaid or surfrider or ??? , what business can pu logo's on the tee's etc. etc... )

lessormore
barnacle

The Bats Back

Post by lessormore » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:12 am

Just a few holiday snaps-

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:51 am

^^^hehehe, good one Lessoly. Got to worry about people who wear their undies on the outside. :lol:

rightbrainpositive
Local

Post by rightbrainpositive » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:45 am

Great pics LOM, glad to see you took the role seriously (extra marks for the batmask)!

So it looks like the bat went fine in head-high, reef barrels... did you use the 5th fin? What was the biggest surf you took it out in??

lessormore
barnacle

A bit MORE info!

Post by lessormore » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:09 pm

The boat we were on didn't have net access so we had to rely on a weekly forecast printout from before we left. Prediction was for small swell for the first few days with light winds, with a 4.5m swell to arrive mid-week and light winds and sunshine so the plan was to wait for better photo opps and for all on board to have a go on the Bat.The swell arrived as predicted but wind came with it(10 knot predic turned into 20,15 into 25 and finally finished with howling 30 knots) so out came the bigger boards and not a lot of surfing was done on the Bat(kite surfing paradise) I surfed it in 2-3' the first few days,the first surf spent learning the subtleties of a four fin(different drive off the first turn etc).The next surf was the one in the photos and it went really well(photos taken from video as the boat was being bounced around too much by swell and wind to get any decent stills) then as the wind died the swell went with it,so we spent the last day scuba diving.I didn't get to try out different fins due to above limited opps but the week with the board was still a blast.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Great to see. Next time you will have to take Butts

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Great stuff, some nice lookin waves and some cool pics there too, cant wait to see MORE. Shame you didnt get to surf her MORE but sounds like you had fun when you did anyway. Its unreal how this thing has evolved from just an idea on a thread 4 or 5 months ago, pretty cool i reckon, hope everyone is havin as much fun as me ....? Jimi is taking it for a spin up to Hawkes Nest and Seal Rocks for a few days and will be keen to hear how it goes for him, and to see what pics he comes up with ??? I have just shaped him a 5'8 Fat-Bat so will be interesting to see what he thinks of the AquaBat which is 6'3 and alot chunkier than what he is used to ( and getting in the newy ), anyway, unreal work lessorMORE, could be hard to beat......

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Sign of the times with the quiver shot - 17 odd boards and probably only 3 PU and hand shaped (of sorts) :shock: :x

Hope you are paying more attention, Mark.

Nice looking wave there Less-om, now that you’ve been, care to narrow down the vicinity to a little better than ‘south pacific’.