the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

pridmore
Owl status

Re: the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Post by pridmore » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:58 pm

went to the fish-fry and the AquaBat got a bit of attention, it was checked out by many and ridden by a few also...I got to meet up with Jorgo, Wombles , Steve Shearer and Nuclear Fishin ( swaylocks ) as well as a few other guys who had heard about the project so that was cool. Steve had the Swalocks/Ambrose travel board with him and he was taking it for a while ( he has already surfed it though ), we had some pics with both the boards and a few shapers and crew. Tom Wegener was there and we were havin a beer and just talking boards and waves...was pretty good day... some shapers were too good but most were relaxed good guys...There was a small interview done about the MORE the merrier project by the Fish-Fry camera guy ( might post if I can ) and the Gold Coast Bulletin knew about it too so another interview with them soon....I have some pics coming thru soon and as you know posting pics sux so they might make it , they might not....

I gave a MORE the merrier t-shirt to Roger Kelly ( an american Swaylocks guy who has a fair bit to do with the travelling Ambrose board, he is taking back to the states to give to Ambrose and hoping that he will send me one... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 pm

The diary has gone missing as well as the extra fin... It is supposed to be in the post from Vicco but it hasnt turned up yet...hope it does coz definitely want to read the info in it....The AquaBat hasnt been surfed since the Fry on Sunday due to Hamish and a big junky swell and east-nor-east winds most of the time, she is getting keen for some fun up the Sunny Coast when I go up for a look at the Noosa festival so if any of you sunny coast crew want to catch up or have a surf on the board, let me know...Maybe a few ales in the park boys ???? swap some boards and talk a bit of crap ??? 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:15 pm

when are you up there, Mark?
Will try to get up sometime.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 pm

thurs-Sunday, hanging at Buderim and chasing waves but plan on getting up to Noosa a few times to check it out....maybe a surf at Moffs too... 8)

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:27 pm

i'm looking at a d.i trip sat :idea: who's in :idea: :?:

weather permitting.. ( stupid jet stream :x ) and beach conditions allowing ( not big on wreaking dunes)

YOU KNOW PRITTY...once it's all over

our culture dictates....you MUST burn the fat bat in a huey offering :idea:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

p.s news ltd suxs
reginald wrote:Hang on, now all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. How the try again did that happen?

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:38 pm

pridmore wrote:thurs-Sunday, hanging at Buderim and chasing waves but plan on getting up to Noosa a few times to check it out....maybe a surf at Moffs too... 8)
Does your mobile # still end in 026?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 pm

TrevG wrote:
pridmore wrote:thurs-Sunday, hanging at Buderim and chasing waves but plan on getting up to Noosa a few times to check it out....maybe a surf at Moffs too... 8)
Does your mobile # still end in 026?
thats it Trev, we should suss out a Sat morning surf wherever the best waves are.... 8)burn it you reckon Fong ? not keen at all, I been lovin riding it of late, although unfortunately it seems not too many others are still interested...Steve Shearer is gunna have a go soon but not too much interest from others of late... although it did make the local paper today....would post pic but.....

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:16 am

A few pics Mark asked me to post-
paper and kids beach 1.jpg
Attachments
paper and kids beach .jpg
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:31 am

^^^^ He needs to putsome muscle on those bones mark.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:42 am

he's got muscle on his thumbs from the playstation.... he loves his surfing though....he did struggle with the AquaBat, he is riding a 5'2 quad that he shaped and it turned out really good too.... 8)

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:39 pm

pridmore wrote:....he did struggle with the AquaBat
Hahah just let him know that he's not alone. :lol: :lol:
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:35 pm

would love to try this out one day mate, this has been a excellent read, what a great idea
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:47 am

you an have her for a whil when I am up the coast if you want ? that would be cool, I am up Thursday...

I rode her again today but put some butterfly fins in to see how it went, felt funny for the first few waves but then I got it sussed and it was flying, made a few little kegs and had a blast...getting heaps of waves and heaps of fun, fins felt awesome and did some big drawn out cutties with all the speed I built up.... :D Laurie Towner was out and only 2 or 3 others, waves were fun and punchy but only 2-3ft max but shallow bank was making some nice hollow sections.... Laurie is a shredder, really surfs well and will do well when he gets serious about competing. we were talking boards and he was riding a bat-tail quad too, he just got back from Hawaii yesterday and said he scored some really good Pipe.... should've got him to ride the AquaBat but didnt think about it til too late...next time....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:10 pm

well the diary s finally turned up. Aussie Post had lost it and it did a few laps to and from Vicco but it finally arrived here yesterday. Its a good read, everyone has written some stuff, thanks heaps. Not sure how to let all read it at the ned of the journey, if anyone has suggestions let me know please...
I surfed it again today at Turners and waves were average 2 ft and a bit side shore but the bat loved it and made sections and generated speed that shortboard riders werent....I swapped board with a few guys in the water and they had a blast, didnt want to give her back but it was fun watching them adjust from a thruster shortboard and they were smiling and hooting like mad so it was satisfying thats for sure. One guy wants to place an order next week so I am stoked all round....Riding her has made me attatched to her like none of my other current boards and will be hard to see her move on but she is ready to go... I think I will be shaping myself one very similar just a bit finer and maybe an inch or 2 shorter....Oh yeah, surfed it last 2 days with Butterfly fins in it and loved it after a wobbly start, super fast and drivey, think they would go insane on a shorty quad...will see soon..... 8)

please can someone else post something, I have done 6 out of last 10 posts.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quangers
Local

Post by Quangers » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 pm

Hey Mark,
Did my mate Owen write in the diary? I believe the Aquabat enjoyed her latte sipping, tram riding time in ol' Melbourne town...

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:21 am

yeah, he did, have to thank him for me for his help with transporting the board....

Hoping a few diff people will ride the Abat up the Sunny Coast this weekend and hoping to drop it off to Steve Shearer at Lennox on the way home...... 8)

SDC poscs art is coming off a bit from the scratching of the cover so it may need a touch up, might get my son to have a go at tidying it up, hope thats ok SDC ???

would like to find a way to show the pages of the journal on my site, anyone have any suggestions how to do it best ??? 8)

Not the right thread but How is your new board going Quangers ???

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:40 am

Quangers wrote:Hey Mark,
Did my mate Owen write in the diary? I believe the Aquabat enjoyed her latte sipping, tram riding time in ol' Melbourne town...
Wasn't there for long mate, I picked it up not long after he arrived.

Fcuking 40+ degree day no less!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

Deesee
barnacle

Post by Deesee » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Sorry, can't help myself.
motivator7734355.jpg
If it feels good, do it.