the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

pridmore
Owl status

Re: the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Post by pridmore » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:10 pm

danw wrote:^^ we go with 40 times 2 surfs each person(only guess).
thAT'S 80surf 40 diffrent people. its gotta be a bit banged up by now??
you'd think so hey ? I havent seen it for 6 months...also a good test on quality of materials and craftmanship I guess...she doesnt look that bad in the pics but not sure if guys would be treating her better or worse than their own board ??? either way, its been lots of fun and I am keen as to get her back for some surfs .....had a ball last time....the board goes well but think the project and journey connected to the board creates a different feeling, bit more exciting to ride it ... 8)

danw
regular

Post by danw » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:59 pm

pridmore wrote:
danw wrote:^^ we go with 40 times 2 surfs each person(only guess).
thAT'S 80surf 40 diffrent people. its gotta be a bit banged up by now??
you'd think so hey ? I havent seen it for 6 months...also a good test on quality of materials and craftmanship I guess...she doesnt look that bad in the pics but not sure if guys would be treating her better or worse than their own board ??? either way, its been lots of fun and I am keen as to get her back for some surfs .....had a ball last time....the board goes well but think the project and journey connected to the board creates a different feeling, bit more exciting to ride it ... 8)

^^ be good picture of fatbat when you get back pridmore.
seems to have already proved a strong board

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:28 pm

pridmore wrote:good question...I would have to go thru my records and do a count ...sounds like work almost but I plan on doing it soon...If everybody who rode it has written in the diary, then we can just count that, but not likely that all have written in it...I would guess that it would be around 40....

Hatch, did you have a good look in the diary ? or did anyone else have a look ??? 8)
I read it cover to cover actually, it was a pretty good read. There is a lot of entries in there, some of them are pretty good too.

It's still in pretty good nic, the tail repair job was still good when I rode it, just a couple of dings here and there but nothing too bad.
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:05 pm

the AquaBat is getting picked up from Tullamarine and going on a surf trip for 4 days around Torquay , Lorne and maybe Johanna....should be some good pics hopefully...My mate's not taking a wettie, should be interesting.... :shock:

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:36 am

^^^

Yeah it hasn't been great over this side either. I haven't been down to Flinders in about 5 weeks as their hasn't been enough size in the swell.

Although Gunnamatta has been half decent when the wind drops off
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:40 am

I get the AquaBat back today or tomorrow so looking forward to checkin her out and reading the diary entries...There has been plenty of waves lately so hope it continues, I also have a mate who is a pretty good photograher so I will have some shots soon but I hate the loading of pics here so I will try again ( GGGRRRRRRRR.... ) anyway, the bat has been down Torquay and Lorne and heard there was swell too, not sure if there is many pics but will see what he took when I grab the board....

I did an album of some of the shots yesterday and it will be on display at the Fish-Fry if anyone can make it...The AquaBat will be there and available to be ridden as well as the diary, should be interesting...not sure if the guy running is really keen on it because it isnt a true fish design as he wants at the event ( twin keels and swallow tail ) but it definitely has some fishy qualities there, just goes batter and can surf it more like a performance board....anyway, the album made me realize how many miles the board has done and how many guys have srfed it, I will do a count and post some stats soon....thanks again to all who have been involved....cheers,
MP

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 am

Hey Mark, if your coming this way (Lennox) I'd like to take it for a spin.
Can organise footy no probs.
Otherwise I'll seeya at the FishFry.
Steve.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 am

steve shearer wrote:Hey Mark, if your coming this way (Lennox) I'd like to take it for a spin.
Can organise footy no probs.
Otherwise I'll seeya at the FishFry.
Steve.
sounds good, I want to get some footage and pics myself, if I do it before the Fry, maybe you can take it from there ? but I will need it all day there, we will sort it out, see you there...MP 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:43 pm

I get the bat back tomorrow, cant wait either, only had a few surfs on her but really enjoyed them...Looks like she is going to Samoa with my step-dad and his mates in April.... 8) It will float around Northern NSW, Goldy and Sunny Coast til it gets back from Samoa then who knows , open to suggestions and keen to hear from anyone who wants to have a go or is going OS and thinks the Bat might be ok for the waves.... 8)

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:42 am

Hey Mark, are you going up for the Quikky comp?
if your passing through I'd be stoked to have a spin.....maybe hook up and shoot a session?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:52 am

steve shearer wrote:Hey Mark, are you going up for the Quikky comp?
if your passing through I'd be stoked to have a spin.....maybe hook up and shoot a session?
sounds good , keepin touch. Maybe you can have it for a while after the Fry ??? 8) or whatever suits...

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:39 am

I have the AquaBat and have been having a ball on it. I surfed really fun 2-3ft Pipps the other day and it went great, I forgot what a bit of extra volume can do in fullish beachies, caught any wave I wanted and linked them thru, stacks of fun ( and on my bday tooo 8) ), swapped the board for a few waves wih a few crew in the water which was fun....then surfed it yesterday in small 1-2 ft Turners and again the area and volume allowe me to surf in waves I would usually struggle, actually I wouldnt have went out but coz I had the AquaBat I was pumped when I saw the smallish little peaks....not raving on about my shape, more so just realized how good a wide and thicker board can go in small waves...refreshing actually......back for MORE today..... 8) :)

I have had an album done of the journey so far to take to the Fry with me...great to look back at where its been, thanks to all involved....still need MORE surfers to ride it.... 8)

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:14 am

pridmore wrote:I have the AquaBat and have been having a ball on it. I surfed really fun 2-3ft Pipps the other day and it went great, I forgot what a bit of extra volume can do in fullish beachies, caught any wave I wanted and linked them thru, stacks of fun ( and on my bday tooo 8) ), swapped the board for a few waves wih a few crew in the water which was fun....then surfed it yesterday in small 1-2 ft Turners and again the area and volume allowe me to surf in waves I would usually struggle, actually I wouldnt have went out but coz I had the AquaBat I was pumped when I saw the smallish little peaks....not raving on about my shape, more so just realized how good a wide and thicker board can go in small waves...refreshing actually......back for MORE today..... 8) :)

I have had an album done of the journey so far to take to the Fry with me...great to look back at where its been, thanks to all involved....still need MORE surfers to ride it.... 8)
Ok Mark,you know the rules-you don't surf the bat without taking pics(or video). come on,where are they? :lol:
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:07 am

yeah, I am trying but my photographer mate is always at work, hoping real soon...Got the Fry this weekend so will definitely have some from there..... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Surfed the board alot lately, yesterday at a sharky but punchy breakwall which was fun and I have a few pics ( but cant post them ), and today at 2 Point waves and a beachie...also have pics of the waves..... I got my leggie hooked around a rock and couldnt get it off no matter what I tried, then I stood on sea urchins and got 4 lodged in my toe so I decided to unhook the leash and leave it, had to go in and dig out the spines ( with help from young asian nurse with amazing body... :roll: ), then back out there.... epic day of waves for me and the AquaBat.... 8)

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:09 pm

pridmore wrote:Surfed the board alot lately, yesterday at a sharky but punchy breakwall which was fun and I have a few pics ( but cant post them ), and today at 2 Point waves and a beachie...also have pics of the waves..... I got my leggie hooked around a rock and couldnt get it off no matter what I tried, then I stood on sea urchins and got 4 lodged in my toe so I decided to unhook the leash and leave it, had to go in and dig out the spines ( with help from young asian nurse with amazing body... :roll: ), then back out there.... epic day of waves for me and the AquaBat.... 8)
Send me the pics Mark. I'll post 'em.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Here you go.
backo's and MTM shots at point 008 (Small).JPG
backo's and MTM shots at point 012 (Small).JPG

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:03 pm