the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:06 am

it looks like Mick Campbell will be having a session on it, with a photog, ( around Pt. Mac )...will let Butts and Rythym know too....should be good
Last edited by pridmore on Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LOZZY

Post by LOZZY » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:35 am

bring it over 2 the south west, aquabat will be finding its search there!!

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:51 am

how about sending it to me in vietnam, too? a mate from ulladulla is coming over in september, we'll take our pictures with it standing in line at ho chi minh's mausoleum and then surf it at dragon head on the central coast before he takes it back to australia! please, please?

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:00 pm

PM me details if you are fair dinkum....I am keen to send it anywhere as long as she finds her way home...

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:08 pm

okay, just give me a few days to get a hold of my mate and see if he's up for it. cheers, pridmore!

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Lucky Al wrote:how about sending it to me in vietnam, too?
She’s already there LA, Mark used water-based paint so not aqua anymore.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Lucky Al wrote:okay, just give me a few days to get a hold of my mate and see if he's up for it. cheers, pridmore!
Could be an interestin’ story for ‘kurangabba’, Al.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:07 pm

yes, yes - my mate is an avid reader, a profound thinker, a sharp dresser, a heavy drinker and a hard rocker, a connoisseur of fine cheap handjobs and rashly concocted assortments of over-the-counter drugs and the sworn enemy and bain of all sorts of injustice, hypocrisy and imperialism, a grand eccentric and poet-warrior in the classic sense. if he makes it over here with the bat board and we make it down to dragon head in time for a storm in the south china sea, for sure there'll be a story to tell. good thinking, ric!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:42 am

I have the AquBat again and have had some more fun on it , there will be a new update with pics of JF surfing at Brunswick up on my site today, please check it out... (www.moresurfboards.com ) .I need some help getting the board from Yamba to Pt. Macquarie, so if anybody can help at all ,please let me know...next weekend would be ideal but if you can assist, please contact me..got to keep it heading south, let the journey continue..cheers...

Freshie Boy
regular

Post by Freshie Boy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:10 pm

if you're stuck with it til then, i'll be in Coffs from the 27th July - 3rd August if you wanna pass it on and i can do the same as i head back to Sydney

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:23 pm

that could work, keep in touch...I am hoping to get it to Pt.Macquarie to be surfed by Mick Campbell and get pics and video by Solitude surf..... might have to come down for a surf at Coffs with you unless I can sort something else out....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Its on its way Pt. Macquarie now, cant wait to see the pics and footage of Mick riding it..( Thanks to Craig at Soltude Surf ).I will need some assistance to get it from Pt. , down to Newcastle area. ( i dont want to have to pay a courier again, must be someone going that way.?? ) please let me know if you can help in about a week or so....

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:56 pm

ok, no footage of Campbo coz of shit waves and bad weather and he flew out to the next event, so unfortunately, no footage of Mick testing the AquaBat out...Craig at Solitude Surf tried hard to make it happen so thanks...he will get some footage and a few surfs on it before it heads south to' Slowly ' at Newy and then he is taking it to Sydney on the 2nd...so will need to arrange Sydney surfers and some photogs too, let me know if you are keen, Rv and Butts will go first, then dunno, will have to suss it out as we go...cheers...MORE pics coming soon....

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:42 am

Mark.
Haven't heard from Craig yet to pick the board up!?
I sent pm but not sure if it is getting through to you.
Do you know any news..is he holding the aquabat hostage? There is swell around.
Cheers Ben

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 pm

He assures me its on its way, it is on Fastway couriers and will be there today, maybe call them to sort out details of drop off.....let me know when it arrives Ben.....

mustkillmulloway
Owl status

Post by mustkillmulloway » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm

i note....that the qld chapter real surfers could organzize the fat bats transport without the need a courier :idea: :x

jeeze...1st origin now the fat bat....is there anything nsw can't stuff up :shock:

still hoping coops gets a go on it....be interested hear what our cripple friends make off it....i think it go well drop knee :idea:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:42 pm

mustkillmulloway wrote:i note....that the qld chapter real surfers could organzize the fat bats transport without the need a courier :idea: :x

jeeze...1st origin now the fat bat....is there anything nsw can't stuff up :shock:

still hoping coops gets a go on it....be interested hear what our cripple friends make off it....i think it go well drop knee :idea:
Slowly and I are Qlders so it'll be ok...but I do know what you mean about the courier stuff, I appreciate Craig from Solitude Surf payin for it and gettin it there but that was never the plan, wanted the surfers to work out ways of passing the board along amongst ourselves and hopefull meeting each other too, chattin about surfing and talkin boards and maybe make a few new mates out of it ???? anyway it should be in Newy today and then in Steak n Kindney on the 2nd...Butts is doing some pics and SDC is keen to get the posca's on to it...should be interesting....still would like to send it OS or on a road trip or something ????

slowy
regular

Post by slowy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 am

MMMM..still no sign of the Fatbat and it is now Friday morning!

I would have loved to have a crack on it..especially as the waves were pumping on the central coast yesterday, the "test pilots" still all scored great waves ..luckily as the mob was starting to turn on me with no fat bat 2 days in a row!
Hope to still get it today so I can at least pass it on to RV when I get to Sydney tommorow, since I am responsible and not a useless fark..yep thats you Craig..tosser!!
So mark have you heard anything from craig at all since Tuesday.

Cheers Ben

PS Must be said that mark has been in full contact and very helpful the whole time...not like this wanker Craig...sorry, sorry. deep breaths.