the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

i want ride the fat bat

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 pm

yes....pick me pick me
75%
i don't find kk that attractive
25%

Total votes: 20

pridmore
Owl status

Re: the fat bat project survives horrid shark attack

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm

where did you get that pic from, ? I thought I hid that one... :roll: :roll:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:44 pm

Mark, I'll talk to you about the diary on the weekend.

ps. Cyclone's coming 8)
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:07 pm

pridmore wrote:would like to find a way to show the pages of the journal on my site, anyone have any suggestions how to do it best ??? 8)
Despite my dislike of your use of the Mr Cool emoticon Mark, I will still offer a suggestion...

Perhaps try scanning the pages, and saving the scanner image as a .jpg, this will make it easy to upload, and if your web guy is any good he can put it in a flash (the product) creation which could resemble a diary. not that I would bother considering the chicken scratch some of my contempories call handwriting

If you dont have a scanner at home, you can pick one up at office works for pretty cheap. Also a lot of printing places will scan it themselves for a small pice and put it on a disk for you.
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Mr. Cool is ok, some might think he is even better than a young male in a mankini .... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

cheers 4 the suggestion... 8)
Last edited by pridmore on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

TMC
Harry the Hat

Post by TMC » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:12 pm

pridmore wrote:Mr. Cool is ok, some might think he is even better than a toung male in a mankini .... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
What you like little asian boys in mankinis?
Coops@DY wrote:Tangents is a members only, wild west style frontier. People have lost their minds, cried, threatened to kill other members in here Its great!

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:51 am

nah, females only for me....asian or other but no males.... 8)

I have been surfing the Abat heaps and my calves are getting a workout from turning all the extra volume, I am thoroughly enjoying riding it and feel so used to it and its become my favourite in the quiver...it loves my local beachie and am still riding it with the butterfly fins in it, think it goes better with them, but will know for sure when I surf it with the others back in.... 8) ( sorry TMC 8) )

lessormore
barnacle

Post by lessormore » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:55 am

pridmore wrote:nah, females only for me....asian or other but no males.... 8)

I have been surfing the Abat heaps and my calves are getting a workout from turning all the extra volume, I am thoroughly enjoying riding it and feel so used to it and its become my favourite in the quiver...it loves my local beachie and am still riding it with the butterfly fins in it, think it goes better with them, but will know for sure when I surf it with the others back in.... 8) ( sorry TMC 8) )
Mark,
I've been trying a few different combo's on mine-At the moment I've got the bigger butterfly's in the front and the smaller FCS's in the back and they're working really well. I even tried it as a three fin with again the B/Fs in the front and 1 FCS in the back-again going really well.It seems the only problem I've got is too many choices!
Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfKnqv2C3k

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 am

if they all go well, then you have a problem but not a bad one, you can use any combo it seems..Might try the butterflies in front with 3's in back... loving the Butterflies, hard to fault them really, going to try them in my other shorty's too, might get some crazy combos on the 6 finner.... 8)

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 am

the bat has had a very thorough workout from myself and a few others on the Sunny Coast and it really loved the waves up there, scored some very nice ones at a certain punchy beachy that I love, uncroded and 3 ft, perfect and soooo much fun... :D Meant to give it to Steve Shearer on the way home but forgot his number DOH.....anyway, gunna PM him today and get the bat movin around again after I have been hogging it for 3 weeks, will miss her dearly..... :cry: :cry: :cry: anyone who wants a go, please let me know.... 8)

Just had it at 4-5ft Angas, bloody pumpin but crowded, Noodles webster and co plus the usual local crew, the volume was allowing me to get heaps of waves when the rest of em were cursing.... :lol:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 pm

pridmore wrote: Meant to give it to Steve Shearer on the way home but forgot his number DOH...:
Sure you did Mark.
And I even made a little home for it.
Jeez been plenty of pumping point surf this week...plenty more to come to.
I sent you a PM....didya get it?
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:01 pm

not yet, wrote your number on a small bit of paper in my office but cant find it.....even surfed Byron and went thru Lennox on the way home .....I have to pass her on becasue I have become emotionally involved.... :roll:

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:15 pm

ok Mr Shearer, its all yours tomorrow, It will be dropped at the spot as we discussed and you can collect it Friday. Looking forward to hearing your feedback and with the waves we have had of late, you should be able to really put her thru her paces. She went well again today at that same right hander. I swapped boards with a guy from WA who asked why I was going so fast on the strange looking aqua board, He then got a few waves on the Abat and after 3 asked me if I would sell it to him ...I was pretty happy about that but no way could I sell it....He wanted something the same or similare but couldnt wait for me to make one and the ones I had were too small he thought....anyway, it was good to share a few waves with him coz he had never ridden a fish or anything similar before and he was very stoked on the way the board rode for him....even though his 6'6 was a real dog, blocky rails, no edge on rails, too much nose rocker and just went bad....
Steve, please let different guys ride the bat if they are keen , MORE the merrier... 8) I am not sure what its up to next but I may need it for something I have planned for Easter...
Anyone else in Byron area who might be keen ???

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:57 pm

have you ridden it yet Steve or has the swell been too big everyday ???

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Fcuck Mark , it hasn't dropped below 6foot since I picked it up.
Got my brother lined up to ride it as well (solid goofy footer who rips).

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:00 pm

yea, thouht so , what about the 'busted ass' ??? it would have some waves hey ? maybe MORE suited to the AquaBat Steve...whats your brother ride ? would the bat be a big change or does he ride anything like yaself ??? keen to hear your thoughts on the fins.....Maybe the river would have a few sliders ??? now that would make some good footage :idea: or pics....

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:58 am

Finally got a go-out on the Bat.
After a 10 hour bus driving stint the day before and a 6pack to de-stress the preparation was perfect.
Luckily my wife was on hand to record the Bat's maiden Ballina voyage and recorded the 3 waves i rode in that session.....she didn't quite capture the feeling of the 30 or 40 I copped on the head and the nice shark paranoia paddling in over a feeding frenzy in the inshore gutter.
But seriously MP, despite riding only 3 waves I found the Bat rode a lot more predictably than it felt under my arm....it ran around a turn easily and I think I could easily tune into this board and have a ton of fun.
I don't ride quads so i was surprised it didn't really have too much of that dreaded twin-fin feel.
Anyway , here you go for a laugh.
http://www.vimeo.com/4010778
there's a lot of "atmosphere" to get through .
by the way i made that last turn under the lip but slipped off due to the vicco wax job.

pridmore
Owl status

Post by pridmore » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:55 am

nicely done Steve and mrs.Steve...decent size waves too, did you have the tail stabilizer fin in ??? didnt see it in the shot at the end...seemed to handle the size ok. I would be very keen to see you surf it in some 3-4 ft fun lefts..has your bro had a surf on it yet ??? do you have anyone else interested in having a surf on it around your way ? you should hang onto it for a while and surf it some more if you want, we will sort out where and when it goes next soon....keep the updates coming in mate, good stuff.... 8)

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:34 am

Had another crack on the Bat Monday....it was bigger and more backwashy, solid and lumpy with chunky well overhead sections and heaps of juice. 3guys out.
There's alot going on with this board......especially in the back half and while I haven't really worked out what's doing what, it all works together.
Crazy speed.....and once it's going it wants to carry that speed.....deceleration and control were bigger challenges.....but you can get in some unique positions with a ton of speed and that is bloody good fun.
The butterfly quad setup and bat-tail gives a very different feeling, it's loose as but there is a lot of drive and hold.

Unfortunately I had to cut the session short because I ended up in the mother of all feeding frenzies and with a pregnant wife back home a missing limb seemed too high a price to pay.
Got the fishing rod out instead and nailed a few nice tailor.
This board is changing my mind about quads and quivers in general.
Stoked on it MP.